Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Don't Be Fooled by the Balls That I Caught, I'm Still Joshua with the Blocks

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-04-2012, 01:52 AM   #16
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Re: Don't Be Fooled by the Balls That I Caught, I'm Still Joshua with the Blocks

Congrats SS, you turned this thread into another song thread

Like the JLo reference though

And yes the article is interesting. That has been the best thing that Morgan has done for us this season is his down field blocking. Maybe he gets into that end-zone this week.

Advertisements
Old 10-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #17
MTK
\m/

Re: Don't Be Fooled by the Balls That I Caught, I'm Still Joshua with the Blocks

Teams that run the ball really well typically have WRs blocking their butts off down field. Morgan was a nice addition.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:50 AM   #18
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

super whack thread title and song. Morgan has proved his worth so far in the season

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:01 AM   #19
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Our receivers (Morgan, Robinson, Hankerson, even Banks) are having a good season. The only exception so far is Santana Moss, and even he has a touchdown at least.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:02 AM   #20
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

One of my friend helped do some training with Morgan in the offseason. First time he met him -- he thought he was meeting a linebacker, not a WR. Said the dude was built like a tank.

He has been doing a great job blocking down field, and so has Hank. Even Garcon has gotten in the action, although last week we saw some pretty cheap shots from him.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #21
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaskin4life View Post
He's been consistent as a receiver and now as this article points out, as a blocker down field as well. A quality acquisition. I should have guessed he was the real deal after that drama in jericho went down. In fact they wrote a song about it. Like to hear it - here it go

Bing Crosby & Sons - "Joshua Fought the Battle of Jericho" - YouTube
That's just down right creepy. Yes Morgan has been blocking well. Jericho Jericho. Morgan who.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #22
30gut
Playmaker

Anything that brings out the mental image of J-Lo is good with me.

I think Mr.Morgan despite his losing his freakin mind in the St.Louis has been every bit the great blocker, physical and tough receiver I expected.

I've been surprised by his receiving skills thus far.
He seems to be getting separation, and catching everything thrown his way and of course he still gets YAC.
I think Morgan deserves more targets then Hankerson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Our receivers (Morgan, Robinson, Hankerson, even Banks) are having a good season. The only exception so far is Santana Moss, and even he has a touchdown at least.
I love the quality and depth of our receiving corps.
When you look at our depth and the fact that Kyle is incorporating concepts from Baylor's offense I'm surprised and waiting in hopeful anticipation of our increase use of 4 WR spread formations.

Re:I think Moss perceived lack of production is due to the focus on developing the younger receivers.
I think Moss would be more productive given more targets but this offense should/is trying to wean themselves of Moss.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #23
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Dezmon Briscoe needs to make his presence known. Mike Shanahan said that he likes Briscoe. The guy has the potential to be a tremendous wide receiver in the NFL. He just needs the opportunity. Briscoe has to be the most underrated wide receiver on the Redskins roster. They need to give this guy more playing time.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #24
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Dezmon Briscoe needs to make his presence known. Mike Shanahan said that he likes Briscoe. The guy has the potential to be a tremendous wide receiver in the NFL. He just needs the opportunity. Briscoe has to be the most underrated wide receiver on the Redskins roster. They need to give this guy more playing time.
i have a similar opinion on him, i think he's the talented big dog that hankerson (can or cannot, but) hasn't been yet.

i think if he gets a start, and some targets, he's going to prove it.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #25
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Well, I would like to see more of Briscoe. Those six TD passes that he caught last season for the Bucs shows he's a definite red zone threat.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:21 AM   #26
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
I agree also about Briscoe. He has size good and good hands. He is our biggest WR we could use him in the redzone. I think he is still learning our system. I think he will make some plays this season when given the chance.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:40 PM   #27
Jayroc24
Special Teams

Here is to Josh Morgan with one hell of a game, he was poping blocks all over the place!!! Thought he did a great job today, your thoughts?
Jayroc24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #28
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayroc24 View Post
Here is to Josh Morgan with one hell of a game, he was poping blocks all over the place!!! Thought he did a great job today, your thoughts?
Including that key block on the RG3 long TD run.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #29
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

This isnt the penalty maker that I used to know.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #30
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
I don't think I'd care if we saw less of Briscoe. First time he's active in a game all season, and he gets wide open (and he had enough room to get about 10 yards after that 15ish yard throw) and he dropped it. That's not how you get more pt.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote