Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Why aren't the Redskins winning at home?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #16
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Why aren't the Redskins winning at home?

NFL Hot Read -- Which teams have biggest home-field advantage? - ESPN

Washington Redskins

They have the league's third-largest stadium (after the Giants/Jets and Cowboys), but it doesn't translate into a home-field advantage. Washington has a .478 home winning percentage over the past 20 years, the fourth-worst mark.

Advertisements
Old 10-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #17
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Just a question that needs answering. The better teams in the NFL win at home. The Redskins haven't won at home since week 2 of the 2011 season. Since then the Redskins are 0-8 at FED EX FIELD. What is it that is preventing them from winning at home. This is a far cry from the Redskins teams of the past who won 5/8 or half of their games on their own home turf. Even Norv Turner's Redskins could win at home.

Why the hell can't the Redskins win in front of their own fans?
FYI...we're not one of the "better teams"...we're a below average NFL team. You are what your record is and we have had a losing record every year since Zorn's 8-8 season. That's why we don't win at home. It's as simple as that.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #18
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
Cause the franchise needs to rebuild a brand new RFK stadium in D.C. and move back. Maryland has not been kind to the Redskins.
Have you ever looked at the skins bad years at RFK?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:42 PM   #19
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
It is part of a bigger problem that Rich Tandler did a nice job of talking about earlier today. We can't seem to finish games. 0-8 is bad, that's for sure, but overall we are 5-14 since our last home win. Without getting into the coaching debate, we don't play consistently on either side of the ball for 4 quarters.

Much has been said about the lack of a home field advantage we have due to the size and design of Fed Ex Field. The stadium doesn't generate noise, doesn't have an intimidating presence and doesn't have anything that gives us a benefit of being the home team. It really is almost like playing 8 games a year at a neutral site.
I would love to see our stadium size go back down to the 70,000 area. Just look at the Dallas game against Chicago the past Monday night, that was a Chicago home field. Or the Pitt game a couple years ago, when the Pitt got momentum it became a Pitt home field.

On the other if we were a true contender, and you had 100,000 Skins fans cheering and turning loose at Fedex, that would be amazing as well. Problem is that too easily an 8-8 team loses fans willing to pay and to easily finds local fans of the other teams that will gladly pay to get a chance to see their team have a chance at a victory.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #20
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan View Post
Because we stay injured. 3 of the 11 projected Defense starters are not playing. Carriker, Orakpo, Merriweather. Kerrigan and Fletcher are the only pro bowl caliber players on Defense, the rest are backup quality. On offense, our biggest weapon Garcon has not lived up to expectations yet and Hankerson and Morgan are not making any plays. Thus the 1-9 on 3rd down or whatever the number is. Not enough playmakers across the board. Also last year we didn't have Trent williams and Fred Davis for the last 4 games = injury or basically not on the field.

Bottom line, can't stay healthy or otherwise keep good players on the field. Good chance we may have won last Sunday, BUT, RG3 hurt = can't stay on the field.
So tired of the injury excuse. The Giants have had injuries yet they keep on winning. Hell they have Justin Tryon and Sean Locklear playing for them The good teams with good coaching overcome it. The bad ones can't and don't.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #21
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
GTTripp pointed out before we played Atlanta the total record vs the teams we have won agaisnt this year vs the record of teams we have lost against this year. The teams we beat havent been too good. The teams we lost to are pretty good. And Atlanta is a really good team, Cinn is better than a lot of people think. Basically i think we are not as good as we think we might be, although were keeping it close each game so who knows.

Not so sure about last year. But we we only won 5 games last year and overall just plain sucked.

Minn is a good team, but i we have been getting better each week and are even favored to win this game. Big game for us, hopefully a big win.
Three cheers for a well stated opinion.

But you get marked down for spelling errors. Use FireFox spell check.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:16 PM   #22
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I'd be more worried if we were going undefeated on the road
Old 10-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #23
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5 View Post
More and more I take exception (don't take it personally) to the idea that if the team played at RFK still, that many of the team's issues would suddenly be remedied. RFK was great because of the great teams that played there. It was a dump, otherwise. If the Skins of the late 1990s-2000s played there, many people would probably list it as one of the worst professional venues of all time. The atmosphere that existed within RFK during home Redskins games was a direct result of the quality of play on the field.

Building a new "RFK" and moving back into the city won't suddenly give the players talent, help the coaches call the right plays, or give the fans in the seats the vocal ability to deafen the opposing QB.

In response to the OP's question, the Redskins have been unable to win at home because they have been outmatched. Simple as that. Anything else is just a shallow excuse.
I was actually just being factious, but have a nice day nevertheless.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #24
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I would love to see our stadium size go back down to the 70,000 area. Just look at the Dallas game against Chicago the past Monday night, that was a Chicago home field. Or the Pitt game a couple years ago, when the Pitt got momentum it became a Pitt home field.

On the other if we were a true contender, and you had 100,000 Skins fans cheering and turning loose at Fedex, that would be amazing as well. Problem is that too easily an 8-8 team loses fans willing to pay and to easily finds local fans of the other teams that will gladly pay to get a chance to see their team have a chance at a victory.
Well you have Raymond James in Tampa which holds around 70,000 and they cannot fill the seats. When your a loosing team it does not matter because fans will stop coming and they will sell their tickets. If I'm correct we had a good showing in Tampa and it had nothing to do with stadium size. Our stadium is not the problem and when we start winning will will not have issues like the Pitt game.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #25
That Guy
Living Legend

yeah, like others have said, we're a bad team. bad teams lose a good number of games. it's weird that we've dropped 8 straight at home, but, i mean, we're bad. shannahan has lost tons of games since he got here, so, if we want to win a home, we should try winning more games in general.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:17 PM   #26
saden1
MVP

There is no real homefield advantage at FedEx because it's just one big event hosting space for D.C. big wigs to entertain clients...plus real fans aren't willing to travel to the boonies to cheer for a team with overpriced food, parking and tickets only to witness yet another loss.

With Snyder taking over we have become the LA of the east coast.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:25 PM   #27
VTSkins1961
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
Cause the franchise needs to rebuild a brand new RFK stadium in D.C. and move back. Maryland has not been kind to the Redskins.

Agreed.
VTSkins1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:03 PM   #28
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
There is no real homefield advantage at FedEx because it's just one big event hosting space for D.C. big wigs to entertain clients...plus real fans aren't willing to travel to the boonies to cheer for a team with overpriced food, parking and tickets only to witness yet another loss.

With Snyder taking over we have become the LA of the east coast.
I had tickets to the Atlanta game and gave them away. I simply refuse to go over there ever again. I went to a pre season game. $10 for a Johnny Rockets Burger w/out fries! The fries were $5 and a warm Miller Lite was $10... $25 for a burger, fries and a beer. Luckily I get the tickets for free.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:38 PM   #29
MonkFan4Life
The Starter

Please tell me which stadium has a $1 menu ! And whenever you do that, let me know which airport won't charge $4 for a 16 oz Gold Peak Tea. It's a stadium, they overcharge because they can. Jack Kent Cooke did it, John did it after him, and sure as shit Dan is.

I go to games when I can afford it. See I know it costs a grip. Tailgating, drinking, possibly eating in the stadium. The team will win when they are good, point blank.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:27 PM   #30
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I'd rather watch at home even when I was at the rams skins game this year I still said home is better. The experience was great and so was the game but I just love being able to do what I want at home and check other games as they are happening. Edward Jones dome was horrible at showing any other scores or heck even stats of the game at hand.