Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Why aren't the Redskins winning at home?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-10-2012, 11:37 PM   #31
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Why aren't the Redskins winning at home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
Just a question that needs answering. The better teams in the NFL win at home. The Redskins haven't won at home since week 2 of the 2011 season. Since then the Redskins are 0-8 at FED EX FIELD. What is it that is preventing them from winning at home. This is a far cry from the Redskins teams of the past who won 5/8 or half of their games on their own home turf. Even Norv Turner's Redskins could win at home.

Why the hell can't the Redskins win in front of their own fans?
It's a combination of factors. Bad team and bad luck would account for about 90% of it imo.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #32
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
It's a combination of factors. Bad team and bad luck would account for about 90% of it imo.
How many games did new Orleans win at home in the 90s ? Because I went to plenty and they always lost pretty much. Your right, bad teams lose anywhere in the NFL, not to mention most teams now a days aren't fazed by HF advantage.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:41 PM   #33
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkFan4Life View Post
Please tell me which stadium has a $1 menu ! And whenever you do that, let me know which airport won't charge $4 for a 16 oz Gold Peak Tea. It's a stadium, they overcharge because they can. Jack Kent Cooke did it, John did it after him, and sure as shit Dan is.

I go to games when I can afford it. See I know it costs a grip. Tailgating, drinking, possibly eating in the stadium. The team will win when they are good, point blank.
The drastic over charge bothers me more than actually paying the money. $10 for a can of Miller Lite? I'll pay $10 or more for a Sam. But canned Miller Lite? WTF??
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:44 PM   #34
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
How many games did new Orleans win at home in the 90s ? Because I went to plenty and they always lost pretty much. Your right, bad teams lose anywhere in the NFL, not to mention most teams now a days aren't fazed by HF advantage.
I ain't sweatin it. If we were a good team, I think we would win at home. Simple as that. I'd be more concerned if there were actually fans that believed something sinister was at play here, like voodoo or some other dumb shit.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:53 PM   #35
MonkFan4Life
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The drastic over charge bothers me more than actually paying the money. $10 for a can of Miller Lite? I'll pay $10 or more for a Sam. But canned Miller Lite? WTF??
Man when I go to games I eat and drink my ass off in the parking lot. I came to see a game not to get ravaged up the rear! If anything I get a soda and nachos to hold me over til the game is over.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:59 PM   #36
44ever

Because we are the same ol Skins. Just got a better QB than we have in the recent past. Yeah we can put up the points but in the end the D is too weak to make a diff.
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #37
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Like I said yesterday, I was being a bit facetious (not factious as I had spelled it earlier...lol) about building another RFK, although it would be nice for the team to actually, technically be IN D.C. and not across the border, but I digress.

With me being a fan that doesn't live close enough to go to games on a regular basis, I don't really think much about the losing streak at home. I think it sucks, don't get me wrong, but I'm not investing as much money into it as a lot of you guys who have season tickets or go to more than two games a season, pay for parking, pay for over-priced beer, over-priced food, etc.. my investment is over-priced DirecTV and an old recliner sofa that needs replacing.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #38
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
It was impressive to experience how loud Mercedes Benz Superdome was, it seemed even louder when Skins fans were chanting "RGIII!" at the 0:00 point of the game.

Home field advantage only helps when the talents of both teams are close.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:06 AM   #39
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Fed Ex Field has never been the home field advantage that RFK was. I've seen many games at both, and I believe that the curved roof of RFK reflected fan noise, effectively multiplying it. There is no doubt that RFK was a louder venue, even with 35,000 fewer seats.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #40
Rev.SkinsFan
Camp Scrub

Because that is what bad teams do
Old 10-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #41
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
Fed Ex Field has never been the home field advantage that RFK was. I've seen many games at both, and I believe that the curved roof of RFK reflected fan noise, effectively multiplying it. There is no doubt that RFK was a louder venue, even with 35,000 fewer seats.
Here is a quote from a Post article from when FedEx first opened...

Quote:
Afterward, many current Redskins were equally effusive about playing here for the first time, particularly about the noise level, which they insisted was equal to if not better than the decibel level at RFK.

"I felt like I was at LSU again," said defensive tackle Marc Boutte.
Go back to the Giants and Dallas games in '05. I guarantee those games were louder than any RFK game.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #42
Gtothearry
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
With me being a fan that doesn't live close enough to go to games on a regular basis, I don't really think much about the losing streak at home. I think it sucks, don't get me wrong, but I'm not investing as much money into it as a lot of you guys who have season tickets or go to more than two games a season, pay for parking, pay for over-priced beer, over-priced food, etc
I hadn't thought about the home losing streak in this way. I live about 7 hours away and haven't been to a game in probably 3 years.

I would assume it is quite depressing for season ticket holders. Can you imagine going basically a whole season with no wins at every game you attend?

The prices charged for tickets, food, drinks etc. lends itself to non fans or people who view the game as a status marking. 80% of the people in the stadium have no true passion for the team.

Plus, the teams money is in the suites. Corporations buy these suites and hand tickets out as perks. How many people from these corporations truly like the Skins?

Last edited by Gtothearry; 10-11-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Gtothearry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #43
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5 View Post
Here is a quote from a Post article from when FedEx first opened...

Go back to the Giants and Dallas games in '05. I guarantee those games were louder than any RFK game.
i would say that fedex has the potential to be louder than rfk, but it's up to the fans.

look at the crowd from a rock concert in the '80s, and then look at the crowd from a rock concert today. people have dialed it down from 11, all the way down to lame.

they just don't get loud and go nuts like they used to, that's my take on it.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #44
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
i would say that fedex has the potential to be louder than rfk, but it's up to the fans.

look at the crowd from a rock concert in the '80s, and then look at the crowd from a rock concert today. people have dialed it down from 11, all the way down to lame.

they just don't get loud and go nuts like they used to, that's my take on it.
There have also been significant changes to stadium rules. You can no longer stand up when your team is on defense which to me affects my cheering ability! They've taken a lot of the stadium activities out of the game. Security concerns have taken some of that out of the home crowd.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #45
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

One word answer for additional crowd noise - Vuvuzela
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote