Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Breaking it Down - Skins @ Giants

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #31
Meks
Pro Bowl

Re: Breaking it Down - Skins @ Giants

run lots of draws.... and quick 3 step drops and quick slants out of the gun!
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #32
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

The Redskins and NYG match up well. As long as the Redskins defense don't have a 4th quarter meltdown, the Redskins should come away with a win.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #33
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

good view :FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | Film Room: Steelers-Bengals

Quote:
Quick Reels
REDSKINS-GIANTS

Redskins offense vs. Giants defense

Pro football’s latest craze is the pistol formation, and no team runs it better than Washington. The condensed formation drives a lot of the read-options and play-action designs that make up the new Shanahan offense. Robert Griffin has the perfect skill set for the pistol. Not only does he have the legs to make defenses respect (even fear) the read option, but he has a quick, compact throwing motion, which enables him to exaggerate play-action fakes prior to his windup.

The Redskins killed Minnesota with a variety of quick slants and rolling pockets out of pistol action. When eyeing Griffin, the New York linebackers will have to be disciplined enough to stay home and trust that their defensive line can disrupt Washington’s zone-blocking. If they try to get aggressive against RG3, they’ll get burned.

Giants offense vs. Redskins defense

A dominant second half performance in San Francisco has us all believing in New York’s run game again. That run game faces another stern test this week. Washington’s defensive line is somewhat mundane, but has enough size to make it hard for guards Kevin Boothe and Chris Snee to do what they've done well this season: get to the second level. When he’s free from blockers (which is often), London Fletcher remains as good a run-stopper as anyone in the NFL. Fletcher made excellent halftime adjustments to help keep Adrian Peterson in check last week. Also worth mentioning is Jim Haslett’s willingness to infuse his run fronts with more speed by dropping a safety down near the line of scrimmage. Reed Doughty has been particularly stellar in this capacity. Eight-man boxes can be risky against Eli Manning and New York’s receivers, but Haslett loves taking risks.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #34
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

The Cowboys killed the Giants with slants.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
CrustyRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #35
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

The NY Midgets are ranked 19th in total defense. The Redskins are ranked 5th in total offense. Redskins fans needn't worry.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:39 PM   #36
Gtothearry
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
The NY Midgets are ranked 19th in total defense. The Redskins are ranked 5th in total offense. Redskins fans needn't worry.
I'm not worried about our offense. I'm worried that Eli may put 450-500 passing yards up on our D.
Gtothearry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:59 PM   #37
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtothearry View Post
I'm not worried about our offense. I'm worried that Eli may put 450-500 passing yards up on our D.
Exactly. It would feel like Eli had all day last season (with Orakpo and Carriker) to throw on our secondary, imagine with just Rob Jackson and Kerrigan, and new safeties now...
Old 10-18-2012, 07:10 PM   #38
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtothearry View Post
I wouldn't worry about that happening. Kerrigan and Fletcher gan get to Eli Manning. Although Manning has been sacked only 5 times all season let's not forget that we sacked Manning 4 times in the first game last season and three times in the second game. In the past the Giants have been concerned about Stephen Bowen #72. Bowen can get to the quarterback. Coach Haz knows how to dial up the blitz combination so well that Manning wouldn't know where the pressure is coming from. Is it coming from the middle? From Kerrigan's side or is it coming from Rob Jackson's side?

The Redskins will get at least 3 sacks on Manning. I expect Madieu Williams and the Redskins secondary to intercept Manning at least twice.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:14 PM   #39
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
I wouldn't worry about that happening. Kerrigan and Fletcher gan get to Eli Manning. Although Manning has been sacked only 5 times all season let's not forget that we sacked Manning 4 times in the first game last season and three times in the second game. In the past the Giants have been concerned about Stephen Bowen #72. Bowen can get to the quarterback. Coach Haz knows how to dial up the blitz combination so well that Manning wouldn't know where the pressure is coming from. Is it coming from the middle? From Kerrigan's side or is it coming from Rob Jackson's side?

The Redskins will get at least 3 sacks on Manning. I expect Madieu Williams and the Redskins secondary to intercept Manning at least twice.
fletcher the sack master, averaging about 3/year over the course of his illustrious career.

he did have one last week, though
Old 10-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #40
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Perry Riley has improved already this season, and I swear he seems to improve even within games. If he can be a dominant run-stopper alongside London for the rest of the season, while Kerrigan/Lorenzo/Jackson/Wilson put pressure on the QB our defense could improve overall.

However, Haslett has to improve his scheme and adjustments or it makes no difference how well our guys do. I'm very frustrated with the defense. Strongly believe we have the talent, albeit in a 4-3 front, to be a dominant defense, but our coaching has been pretty abysmal. If Haslett can't optimize his scheme and adjustments to improve the defense dramatically over the rest of the season I think he needs to go.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #41
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Wait wha?!?!?!

Quote:
Rich Campbell ‏@Rich_Campbell

Redskins are preparing to replace injured P Sav Rocca. Former Philadelphia Eagle Chas Henry will work out tomorrow, a source confirms.
Expand
Why havent we heard of this?? or did I miss somethin?
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #42
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Wait wha?!?!?!

Why havent we heard of this?? or did I miss somethin?
yeah, news to me

Redskins working on backup punter plan
Old 10-18-2012, 08:58 PM   #43
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Nooooo. Not the Aussie Rock-a!

Weak puns aside, I feel like Sav Rocca is the best punter we've had in years. I think we started taking it for granted since he had an excellent season last year, but if he's out than once again who knows what will happen.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #44
los panda
Pro Bowl

yeah, he's def a good one. only good ones i remember in my time were reggie roby and matt turk
Old 10-18-2012, 09:03 PM   #45
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Redskins corners Josh Wilson and DeAngelo Hall have to cover Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz. Manning is fond of throwing the ball to Cruz who is one of the better wide outs in the NFL. As long as Cruz and Nicks can't get open the sack total on Manning will multiply.