Breaking it Down - Skins @ Giants

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #61
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Breaking it Down - Skins @ Giants

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Interesting. I'm going to look at it this from another angle though. I think if the Giants score fewer points than us...then we got this!

what if we score the same amount?

Advertisements
Old 10-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #62
donofriose
The Starter

If the 49ers front 7 could not get to Eli once, we probably won't and we don't have the secondary do keep up with Cruz, Nicks (has an injury), Bennet or Hixon. We better hope the Giants don't bring there A game because if they do, we have no shot. They are a better team, probably top three team in the NFL if they play their best. Just hope they underestimate us.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #63
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Two words. Trap. Game.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #64
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
Not to be a downer...but I would be shocked if the Redskins beat the Giants.
So they beat the Vikings...a team a month ago that was expected to be 6-10 or so...we have lost to some average teams...yeah a win makes you feel good...but until we can beat a better team, we are in no position to be talking about leading the division...no way.
We are not there yet guys, please be more realistic and patient.
of course, I'd be thrilled to be wrong...I just don't see it.
We don't have the secondary or Oline to play at a playoff game level yet...this will be a good measure of how long it will take us to truly compete. I just hope we don't crack with late turnovers, penalties, etc that are typical with rebuilding teams.
So now we throw out beatting a better team in the Vikings beacaus they were picked to be 6-10 this year? That's great logic.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #65
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
So now we throw out beatting a better team in the Vikings beacaus they were picked to be 6-10 this year? That's great logic.

But if we would have lost to them it would have been because "The redskins are just not on the level of Minnesota" Instead we beat them by 2 scores BTW and its not a huge deal.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #66
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
But if we would have lost to them it would have been because "The redskins are just not on the level of Minnesota" Instead we beat them by 2 scores BTW and its not a huge deal.
I'm a Redskin fan and all wins are huge deal.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #67
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm a Redskin fan and all wins are huge deal.
Yeah really
Old 10-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #68
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
what if we score the same amount?
Then Donovan McNabb loses.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #69
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
eh, honestly i never thought they were that good to begin with, i dont buy christian ponder as i've stated before... the defense is ok, front 7 mainly.. and a better 2ndary than ours... lack of weapons in the passing game, percy harvin is ok but as a #1 he lacks size and possession ability.. just really dont buy them at 4-1 and i think they caught SF sleeping... good win... good team effort... we need to play better to beat the giants sunday
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:35 PM   #70
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
If the 49ers front 7 could not get to Eli once, we probably won't and we don't have the secondary do keep up with Cruz, Nicks (has an injury), Bennet or Hixon. We better hope the Giants don't bring there A game because if they do, we have no shot. They are a better team, probably top three team in the NFL if they play their best. Just hope they underestimate us.
I never get the no chance comments. first because its the nfl, and any given Sunday. second, we have shown the ability to play with this team (unless david wilson is a superman), and third the griffin factor. I understand we might not be favored, and a blowout is a possibility, but no chance? meaning no conceivable way that a combination of time consuming drives and turnovers with one or two 3 and outs sprinkled in could lead to us winning? I think a few more weeks of this team playing for a full 4quarters and the pessimists may finally be converted.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #71
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
Two words. Trap. Game.
For the home team.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #72
donofriose
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I never get the no chance comments. first because its the nfl, and any given Sunday. second, we have shown the ability to play with this team (unless david wilson is a superman), and third the griffin factor. I understand we might not be favored, and a blowout is a possibility, but no chance? meaning no conceivable way that a combination of time consuming drives and turnovers with one or two 3 and outs sprinkled in could lead to us winning? I think a few more weeks of this team playing for a full 4quarters and the pessimists may finally be converted.
I think we have a chance. In my post I was speaking to the fact that if both the redskins play as well as they possibly could, and the giants play as well as they possibly could, the Giants will win, and will probably win in a convincing manner. I agree anything can happen, but if both teams bring their A games, they Giants will win. If the Giants bring their C game like they did last year, we will can beat them if we execute. It depends on which NYG team shows up.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #73
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...giants-week-7/

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #74
donofriose
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
eh, honestly i never thought they were that good to begin with, i dont buy christian ponder as i've stated before... the defense is ok, front 7 mainly.. and a better 2ndary than ours... lack of weapons in the passing game, percy harvin is ok but as a #1 he lacks size and possession ability.. just really dont buy them at 4-1 and i think they caught SF sleeping... good win... good team effort... we need to play better to beat the giants sunday
Harvin is not just ok, he makes plays for that team pretty consistently now and was a beast at Florida. I wouldn't call him just ok but I agree that the Vikings are not as good as their record would indicate.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #75
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
Harvin is not just ok, he makes plays for that team pretty consistently now and was a beast at Florida. I wouldn't call him just ok but I agree that the Vikings are not as good as their record would indicate.
If Harvin was on a high profile team, he would be regarded as the best playmaker in the game. Dude can hurt you everywhere. Catching, running and kick returning.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote