Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

I Don't Like That - Post Game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-25-2019, 11:25 AM   #16
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: I Don't Like That - Post Game Thread

As far as saying both Haskins and Sweat being busts, it’s way too early to judge them. I bet Sweat thrives under a new DC like Preston. Haskins is still learning and has a ways to go.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-25-2019, 11:27 AM   #17
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
The fans haven't "turned" on Haskins. They realized he was not a good pick at 15 from the outset. And Haskins' performance in camp, in practice, in meetings, in games, and in the press conference has only confirmed that our opinions of him were correct.

Bottom line - Haskins has done nothing to prove he's worthy of any level of support or respect. If he wants that support, he needs to EARN it like everyone else.
Regarding the bold part, we all need to remember that most of those information from media and random sources (i.e., twitter). We all know that most of the media reporting Haskins stories had little to no football experiences. The only part of whole Haskins story that has been consistent is the fact that Haskins is still learning how to play QB, which is to be expected for someone who started less than 15 games in college. We haven't seen Haskins work in person so we really need to step back and acknowledge the fact that we do not know full story.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 11:30 AM   #18
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I think there is some projection going on with Haskins. He needs some awareness on this...people see him as another Danny draft pick and are angry about Dan slow destruction of the franchise.

its unfortunate.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 11:51 AM   #19
MTK
\m/

On a positive note Matty I is straight beasting this season. He's literally unblockable at times.
Old 10-25-2019, 01:26 PM   #20
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTR View Post
I think what pains me most is that we’re down to hating on players, especially young ones. Some of them may be true NFL busts, but we’ll never know in this organization, because there is no player development and no coaching.

I do agree with you on this take. I've stated on numerous occasions that I'm all about giving Haskins (and even Sweat) time to mature. My point is I believe Haskins may need to sit the remainder of the season because there seem to be quite a few holes in his game and he could potentially pick up (or continue) bad habits if he sees too much time on the field this season.

I still believe any rookie deserves, at the least, 3 years before making a judgement on the player.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 01:28 PM   #21
Meks
Pro Bowl

Let haskins play the rest of the year and develop, otherwise what.... wait til the offseason or the last 3 games that dont matter to see if he's the guy? stupid. And no, he hasnt gotten a fair shot and i will reserve judgement until he does. Plenty of good qbs have rough rookie YEARS - and we're talking about 4 fucking quarters. ppl need to chill.

love the d line, hate the d coordinator. cant even count the performance against SF ... last night was good at best.

edit: i am dissapointed in Sweat tho. He's either not being coached up, isnt actually as physically gifted as we were led to believe, or he just doesnt care
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 03:40 PM   #22
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
His demeanor in the post-game press conference was absolutely shocking. Someone who talks like that behind a podium does not deserve to even be a backup QB in this league. If he is like this in front of the cameras, how bad is he when no one is watching and he's just around the other players and coaches. This completely jives with all the reports about how he wasn't putting the work in, not showing interest in meetings, not paying attention, not studying or preparing.

I'm not going to definitively say that Haskins will be a good starting QB.... but the changes of it ever happening are less than 1%. He has displayed a complete lack of confidence and leadership.

I'm not even remotely interested in seeing Haskins play this year or next. If we have a top 3 pick, we need to spend it on a QB.
I thought maybe it was me but when he is on the sidelines he seems to not be very interested in whats going on. You would think he would be standing up listening to whats being done and following the plays. If I'm correct I have seen back ups wearing head phones following what is going on between everyone.

BTW what happen to Keenum? I went out fishing durn half time and got back in the house just as we punted the ball away at the beginning of the 2nd half.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 04:26 PM   #23
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
I thought maybe it was me but when he is on the sidelines he seems to not be very interested in whats going on. You would think he would be standing up listening to whats being done and following the plays. If I'm correct I have seen back ups wearing head phones following what is going on between everyone.

BTW what happen to Keenum? I went out fishing durn half time and got back in the house just as we punted the ball away at the beginning of the 2nd half.
He was wearing an ear piece during the game last night.

Let's not make sweeping conclusions based on what you see in a 2 second clip of him on the sideline during the game.
Old 10-25-2019, 05:15 PM   #24
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
Let haskins play the rest of the year and develop, otherwise what.... wait til the offseason or the last 3 games that dont matter to see if he's the guy? stupid. And no, he hasnt gotten a fair shot and i will reserve judgement until he does. Plenty of good qbs have rough rookie YEARS - and we're talking about 4 fucking quarters. ppl need to chill.

love the d line, hate the d coordinator. cant even count the performance against SF ... last night was good at best.

edit: i am dissapointed in Sweat tho. He's either not being coached up, isnt actually as physically gifted as we were led to believe, or he just doesnt care
I'll take option D. He's learning slowly.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 06:30 PM   #25
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post

Let's not make sweeping conclusions based on what you see in a 2 second clip of him on the sideline during the game.
Perception might as well be reality.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 06:35 PM   #26
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post

I cannot get the int to a wide open McLaurin out of my head though. The demeanor is probably disappointment which is actually good. Im sure he wants to succeed obviously. But man i could have made that pass. I want to think I’m overreacting but almost any other quarterback ever including rookies makes that pass. He also missed McLaurin streaking down the field for a sure td n checked down. I know he is inexperienced but he did play a full season at OSU for God’s sake. He shouldn’t be missing that bad or be that nervous at all really. He will start next week cus Keenum aint gonna. Ill keep my hopes up but what I saw last night is worrying.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 08:54 PM   #27
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

If they don't start Haskins @ Buffalo there are some serious issues with him IMO. Right now the tape doesn't lie, he's been bad and that's a nice way of putting it. The pass to Peterson should have been an INT and that was one of his first throws, he looks shook out there like Ramsey did when he was young, I still believe he can be a good QB but we have to know what we have going into the OS
Old 10-26-2019, 01:36 AM   #28
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
If they don't start Haskins @ Buffalo there are some serious issues with him IMO. Right now the tape doesn't lie, he's been bad and that's a nice way of putting it. The pass to Peterson should have been an INT and that was one of his first throws, he looks shook out there like Ramsey did when he was young, I still believe he can be a good QB but we have to know what we have going into the OS

Seriously enough with the best chance to win crap. Lol. This season is more than over. We are going to have a top 3 pick and need to know if we are looking for a quarterback. I think 8 games is enough to figure that out. We have to at least see flashes of good with the bad. If not and there is a quarterback with less question marks at 1-2-or 3 we have to strongly consider taking him. Seems to have worked for the Cards.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 02:03 AM   #29
mike340
Special Teams

I also think they look terrible. But at the same time, after the Buffalo game, the only team of the top 7 top defensive teams (based on points per game) they will NOT have played is Tennessee, with the 4th ranked defense. We will have played
(#1) New England
(#2) San Francisco
(#3) Buffalo
(#5) Minnesota
(#6) Chicago, and
(#7) Dallas.

Of course, they also played (#24) Philadelphia (#27) The Giants, and (#32) Miami.

But maybe if they get some easier defenses the offense can get the confidence to get somewhat on track.
mike340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 04:38 AM   #30
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike340 View Post
I also think they look terrible. But at the same time, after the Buffalo game, the only team of the top 7 top defensive teams (based on points per game) they will NOT have played is Tennessee, with the 4th ranked defense. We will have played
(#1) New England
(#2) San Francisco
(#3) Buffalo
(#5) Minnesota
(#6) Chicago, and
(#7) Dallas.

Of course, they also played (#24) Philadelphia (#27) The Giants, and (#32) Miami.

But maybe if they get some easier defenses the offense can get the confidence to get somewhat on track.
Yea this damn good culture... Will be right back in it poised to win 7 in a row and hope to squeeze in at 8-8
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote