Breaking: Trent Williams Suspended 4 Games

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-01-2016, 09:04 PM   #46
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: Breaking: Trent Williams Suspended 4 Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post

Well that makes me feel better. Thank you!
Though it aint worse. TW is more valuable than both of them. Sure helps ease my pain though.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-01-2016, 09:21 PM   #47
Irrefutable
The Starter

FWIW Trent Williams loses about $1.6 million in salary this year. It also means his contract is no longer guaranteed.
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:29 PM   #48
Bangee7
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
FWIW Trent Williams loses about $1.6 million in salary this year. It also means his contract is no longer guaranteed.
wow, I wasn't aware of that...I find his actions even more stupid now that I know that.

so he basically risked his entire future for some weed...I seriously question his priorities.

the dude must be an addict
Bangee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:37 PM   #49
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
God dammit these dumb mothereffers man. So stupid. You just bought a 2 million dollar bag a weed man. Hope it was good. This is season altering. That could be the playoff chances going bye bye
He had a weed problem here to.. It just got swept under the rug. If we go 3-1 in the next 4 (which I believe we can) all will be forgotten. TY isn't Trent but he's pretty good. He didn't give up a sack against JPP in a half of football so that's a good sign.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:41 PM   #50
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
He had a weed problem here to.. It just got swept under the rug. If we go 3-1 in the next 4 (which I believe we can) all will be forgotten. TY isn't Trent but he's pretty good. He didn't give up a sack against JPP in a half of football so that's a good sign.

Yeah him n reed. Thought that was over n done though. I hope you are right. Remember TW was still on the line in that game though.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:47 PM   #51
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Trent completely let his coaches and teammates down. He has no business being a team captain after this second violation of the substance abuse policy.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:02 PM   #52
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yeah him n reed. Thought that was over n done though. I hope you are right. Remember TW was still on the line in that game though.
also we have the best OL Coach in football. I think it'll be ok, may give up a few more sacks but i doubt the team just caves in
Old 11-01-2016, 10:11 PM   #53
Bangee7
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
Trent completely let his coaches and teammates down. He has no business being a team captain after this second violation of the substance abuse policy.

Excellent point!

He does not deserve to be a Captain on this team.
Bangee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:29 PM   #54
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
also we have the best OL Coach in football. I think it'll be ok, may give up a few more sacks but i doubt the team just caves in

No doubt about the coach. Good point.
One injury away from being scaaarewed.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:33 PM   #55
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Are you for real?

What makes me dumb saying that we don't need to keep a guy who is a repeat substance abuse violator? You're going to say "Because he's such a great player, we can't replace him, blah blah blah". And I will agree with you on the great player part. What is so hard about obeying NFL policies? Hundreds of other players are "great players" without being suspended multiple times for the same violation..

Saying that it's okay to give him a pass because he's great is sending the wrong message, IMO. It is evident to me that looking at some posters here, they would sacrifice morals and decency to get a couple of more wins. But there are teams in the NFL that do not operate like that. Le Garette Blount basically walked out of a game in 2013 or 14 and the Steelers cut him. He was their starting running back. They did not follow your lead and say "Well, he's a great player, we knew he had to blow off some steam", or some BS like that.

I guess in the end, the "moral clauses" that some of these teams have resonate with me because I try and go about doing things the right way, and being a good citizen and all of that stuff, obeying the law, blah blah blah.

Insert comments about me now about how i'm off my medicine or other types of personal and racial crap like some of the other stuff i've had to deal with here. I don't want to leave the site but if thats what you guys want, so be it.
Yes that's what we want.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:41 PM   #56
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Breaking: Trent Williams Suspended 4 Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
And what would be bad about a message like that going out to a guy who is now a repeat offender for the league's substance abuse policy? I realize he's a great player but honestly sometimes its more important about doing the right thing and sending the right message, mainly something like "The Washington Redskins do not condone using illegal drugs of any kind, and while we appreciate Trent's contributions to the team, this type of behavior cannot be tolerated or accepted. We wish Trent well in future endeavors and hope that he gets the help that he needs".

Or do we do the old Snyder / Vinny thing and say, "well, he's our best player, so we have to let him do whatever he wants and make sure he has a roster spot here while paying him handsomely".

I realize i am prone to over-reaction like suggesting we cut Hopkins, but IMO this is ridiculous. We have a moral responsibility as a team, and I thought part of Scott M's philosophy was to have "character guys". A repeat offender on the substance policy is not a "character guy". He's hurt the team with his retarded ass actions. We HAVE to just stop accepting shit like this and mentally saying "oh, we're the redskins, this is just the way it is".

I think that you have to understand that talent is worth something. The less you have to offer a team the less reason there is to keep you around. Its a business. I dont think it is a case of great players live above the law, they get caught and punished like anyone else, as we see here with TW. If you are some third string rb though why hold a roster spot or deal with it? What is in it for the team to keep you? But when you are an all pro type than it is a smart business decision to keep you.
He is losing almost 2 mill and a lot of respect. Probably some commercials, etc. Also probably his "C".
Also this is not a Redskin thing. It is any team.
It is not saying that shit is ok. It is saying you lose 2 mill, the respect of a lot of people, and you let your teammates down.
Edit : Also Schneed wants everybody to leave the site, and thinks we are all dumb. It isn't personal. He is just feeding his inner demons. Don't leave man.
Edit two : big ben raped girls. Dont even think it is a question. Steelers morally superior for keeping him? I mean how morally wrong is smoking a joint? Hope not that bad or i am definitely going to hell. You want to call him greedy or stupid go for it. Cost him 2 million fuckin dollars. If he raped someone or mugged someone - something to that effect - than hell yeah. Don't give a crap about your talent level. Can we calm down with he is a thug because he got high though? People break rules, get suspended, fined, etc all the time. I wouldn't consider TW a terrible person or anything.
You are saying his actions hurt the team. Fair enough. Have his actions on the field helped the team more than his two incidents have hurt them. Yes and it aint even close.

Last edited by punch it in; 11-01-2016 at 11:28 PM.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:51 PM   #57
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
I think that you have to understand that talent is worth something. The less you have to offer a team the less reason there is to keep you around. Its a business. I dont think it is a case of great players live above the law, they get caught and punished like anyone else, as we see here with TW. If you are some third string rb though why hold a roster spot or deal with it? What is in it for the team to keep you? But when you are an all pro type than it is a smart business decision to keep you.
He is losing almost 2 mill and a lot of respect. Probably some commercials, etc. Also probably his "C".
Also this is not a Redskin thing. It is any team.
It is not saying that shit is ok. It is saying you lose 2 mill, the respect of a lot of people, and you let your teammates down.
Edit : Also Schneed wants everybody to leave the site, and thinks we are all dumb. It isn't personal. He is just feeding his inner demons. Don't leave man.
Edit two : big ben raped girls. Dont even think it is a question. Steelers morally superior for keeping him. I mean how morally wrong is smoking a joint? Hope not that bad or i am definitely going to hell. You want to call him greedy or stupid go for it. Cost him 2 million fuckin dollars. If he raped someone or mugged someone - something to that effect - than hell yeah. Don't give a crap about your talent level. Can we calm down with he is a thug because he got high though? People break rules, get suspended, fined, etc all the time. I wouldn't consider TW a terrible person or anything.
Scheed likes to do 2 things, study the salary cap and tell people to leave, looks like he's got the salary cap situation all locked down.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:54 PM   #58
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Scheed likes to do 2 things, study the salary cap and tell people to leave, looks like he's got the salary cap situation all locked down.

Was this meant to sound like the scene from dazed and confused....."i came here to do two things, drink beer n kick ass...and were almost out of beer. ". Lol
Old 11-01-2016, 11:08 PM   #59
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Was this meant to sound like the scene from dazed and confused....."i came here to do two things, drink beer n kick ass...and were almost out of beer. ". Lol
Yeah, lol, that's what I was going for, love that movie.

Apparently Trent Williams does too.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 11:09 PM   #60
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Yes he does and if he can keep his shit together until he is done playing football I will have him over for an all you can eat viewing party with party favors. Lol