Pourin' Some Kool-Aid for My Homeys, Redskins Will Beat Dallas

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-12-2007, 11:44 AM   #16
MTK
\m/

Re: Pourin' Some Kool-Aid for My Homeys, Redskins Will Beat Dallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
C'mon mods. Yesterday was a must win. I like trying to keeping things positive but it's just the way we lose that kills everyone. Always blowing 4th q leads.

You guys are the biggest Kool Aid drinkers I have ever seen. Dallas is simply playing at another level right now. For us to win they are going to have to play a bad game. Plus with all the injuries we have? Not gonna happen

Dallas 34
Wash. 17
Are you going to take the bet?

Advertisements
Old 11-12-2007, 11:45 AM   #17
5RINGS
Closet Redskins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
I concur. I'll gladly take losses in any of those provided we get wins against Dallas both times and New York IN New York.
This Washington team is quite an enigma. After laying an egg against NE - a game I thought they could win - they go and blow a lead against Philly.

For the record, I think this game will be very tight. Dallas Washington is always very close.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:46 AM   #18
Sammy Baugh Fan
Playmaker

Did we give up when the Germans Bombed Peral Harbour?
NO!!!
Let's Go!!!!
Old 11-12-2007, 11:48 AM   #19
Lady Brave
The Starter

Quote:
C'mon mods. Yesterday was a must win. I like trying to keeping things positive but it's just the way we lose that kills everyone. Always blowing 4th q leads.

You guys are the biggest Kool Aid drinkers I have ever seen. Dallas is simply playing at another level right now. For us to win they are going to have to play a bad game. Plus with all the injuries we have? Not gonna happen

Dallas 34
Wash. 17
Booo! Penalty on the post. There are plenty of other negative threads to participate in.

I've got my homer cap tightly secured. Bring on the cowgirls! We also need a top 5 reasons to hate dallas thread. 12th man, make it so.
Lady Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:54 AM   #20
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:

Dallas 34
Wash. 17
I know who I'm banning first (the Redskins have come back twice after being down at the half this year to win by the way)

This isn't about drinking kool-aid you rat poison guzzler . This is about

-Some damn positivity on a Redskins fan site
-Records out the window when these two teams play each other (Remember 1991?)
-Portis' proving (to the morons who doubted) that his big game against the Jets was no fluke.
-Campbell gaining confidence in himself
-The team gaining confidence in Campbell

It just baffles me how so many people are so sure all the time that the Redskins will lose. Were you sure Manning would throw 6 Ints yesterday? Were you sure the Saints' sudden hot streak would end at the hands of the 0-8 Rams? If you were more power to you.

It won't be easy. No one said it would be. The Cowboys are a very strong team. I just hope the team doesn't have the same quit in them its "harcore fans" do.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:58 AM   #21
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Brave View Post
Booo! Penalty on the post. There are plenty of other negative threads to participate in.

I've got my homer cap tightly secured. Bring on the cowgirls! We also need a top 5 reasons to hate dallas thread. 12th man, make it so.
5. Jimmy Johnson's hair
4. Tom Landry's stoicism
3. Hollywood Henderson
2. Roger Staubach
1. Cowboys fans who ONLY come out of the woodwork when their team is good

Honorable Mention: Clint Longley on Thanksgiving
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:00 PM   #22
MTK
\m/

More than anything this thread is about having some fun and staying positive. If you can't get with that oh well.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:02 PM   #23
Jamaican'Skin
The Starter

I'm already ordering the other two Kool Aid kegs. The Greg Williams D will be ready. ST is going to shut down TO. Crayton will be shown to be a regular ass receiver. Romo will constantly be hitting the turf. The Barber- Jones Run game will be introduced to the LB Core.

We're winning this game baby!!!!!!

And pass me a double shot of that kool aid
Jamaican'Skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:04 PM   #24
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I know who I'm banning first (the Redskins have come back twice after being down at the half this year to win by the way)
The Skins came back against teams that have a combined 1-17 record. Hardly Earth-shattering. Playing so close to the vest allows even dog teams to give us a game.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:12 PM   #25
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
First of all let me say it is NOT bold and it is NOT stupid!

You can have your Packers/Bears, or Red Sox/Yankees rivalry. NOTHING says pure pride than the Cowboys/Redskins rivalry!

There are NO win-loss records when these two teams meet. Records are out the window and this is the one game each year I get stoked and psyched for. I love this one week of football more than any other the entire year!
Win loss records ARE irrelivant.

However, what isn't irrelivant is that you guys are playing much better than we are right now.

I could conceivably see us taking one of two from you guys, but the only way you don't take this division is if we sweep you, and I just can't see that happening.

This game is going to be for pride nothing more. The Redskins most realistic possibility lies in a WC birth...and there will be games way more important than this one into deciding the 6th seed.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:22 PM   #26
bostonbernie
Camp Scrub

Hey, aren't you guys the people Thomas Boswell wrote about today in the Post? ... the "burgandy-and-gold enablers"? ... the R-skins-baaa-baaa-sheep who sinply won't admit that time has passed your coach by and your team is -- face it! -- MEDIOCRE bordering on bad? ... Every week from the St. Joe: "Real proud of our guys ... fought their guts out ... real proud of our fans ... everyone's to blame ... that includes me ... it's my fault ... blah blah blah" ... the reason he tells everyone to blame him, people, is BECAUSE HE KNOWS YOU WON'T!!

yeah, go ahead, don't get mad, don't complain -- just drink the Kool Aid. .. That'll really help.
bostonbernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:38 PM   #27
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Will we? who knows really. Any given Sunday. But yesterday was so frustrating; there were so many positives we can take from the game (running game is back, the passing game can succeed without Moss, Campbell's growth) but in the end we came out with an L. It sucks, of course it sucks, no fan enjoys losing.

But what's even more frustrating is that it seems we can't even come onto this site, a REDSKINS FAN SITE, to boost our spirits and rally around our team. Instead, we have the usual "Joe must go" "This team is heading in the wrong direction" thread. Sad part is we even get those after wins. You'd think we'd never won a game ever the way some people talk.

So, call me crazy, call this thread 'retarded' all you want, but it's high time we got some more positive vibes going here. Of course, I know there will be those "I'm just being a realist" responses. But the reality is that we're 5-4 and plenty of teams around the NFL are in worse shape than us. And there is a lot to feel good about 9 games into the season. That so few people see that on a Redskins fan site is a shame.

Call it bold, call it stupid. But I'm saying right here right now that the Redskins will be 6-4 after next Sunday. Someone has to think positive, it might as well be me. If we lose, I'll use the infamous Parrot avatar for two weeks. If we win, I'm banning 10 of you for two weeks

I'm about to do a Kool-Aid keg stand, who's with me?

I'm takin a shoot of the KOOL AID! I LOVE our chances in cowgirl country!

Its time for those cowgirls to hit a speed bump. Its HIGH TIME for us to get a BIG WIN in this division. It aint over by any strech!

I look for us to play our VERY BEST game of the season to this point next Sunday!
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:40 PM   #28
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

I am on that bandwagon full force Smootsmack! Pour me a big tall glass of kool-aid!
Old 11-12-2007, 12:46 PM   #29
SouperMeister
Playmaker

I almost prefer to go into this game with guarded expectations. The Cowboys are clearly a better team at this point, and we have what I would argue is a more important game at Tampa the next week. Tampa has real tie-breaker implications for a wild card, which is a more realistic goal for the Skins at this point.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:56 PM   #30
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
The Skins came back against teams that have a combined 1-17 record. Hardly Earth-shattering. Playing so close to the vest allows even dog teams to give us a game.
So what? Two of their blown half-time leads were to the Packers and Giants. Combined record of 14-4. No one wants to think of that though I suppose.