Dallas L postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-04-2022, 11:19 AM   #136
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Re: Dallas L postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

If teams can create pressure only bringing 4 ... we are cooked.
Yeah the four man rush on known pass plays is a huge issue. I think we have to really stick to run and have the defense really question whether it is a run or passing down and for f sake stop doing play actions pass once the D has queued into that. You aren't fooling anyone

Advertisements
Old 10-04-2022, 11:20 AM   #137
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re QB change ...

I missed Jon Allens weekly tuesday radio interview w the junkies today but last week, I forgot his exact words .. but the locker room and team know/think it is way early in the season and they expect to win, just focusing on next game, take it game by game.

4 games in .. way to early to do something as major as QB benching.

Im sure all 53 expect to win on Sunday vs the Titans and get to 2-3.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 11:24 AM   #138
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Yeah the four man rush on known pass plays is a huge issue. I think we have to really stick to run and have the defense really question whether it is a run or passing down and for f sake stop doing play actions pass once the D has queued into that. You aren't fooling anyone
Running into a stacked D line on those 2nd and longs was frustrating but I somewhat get the conservative approach ... radio heads are asking if Carson is allowed to yell "can" and check out of run and go to pass against a stacked box. No one knew the answer.

Then discussion was whether its center or QB who would call slide protections after Qb ids mike ... and how we had Nick Martin in there ....

--------------

pass pro is a big problem with what we are trying to do.

4 games in .. we had to drastically change our offensive approach

not good
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 11:34 AM   #139
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Re QB change ...

I missed Jon Allens weekly tuesday radio interview w the junkies today but last week, I forgot his exact words .. but the locker room and team know/think it is way early in the season and they expect to win, just focusing on next game, take it game by game.

4 games in .. way to early to do something as major as QB benching.

Im sure all 53 expect to win on Sunday vs the Titans and get to 2-3.
Tennessee is a huge game, if we're going to have anything close to a decent season. Chicago is next so you never know. Great to hear Allen's comments honestly.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 12:53 PM   #140
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The Titans are no walk in the park lol, they have the best RB in football and a very good DL, the way we this team is playing right now I wouldn't pick them against anyone
Old 10-04-2022, 05:38 PM   #141
rocnrik
Playmaker

I’m not sure we win 3 more games …
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 07:17 PM   #142
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCommandersfan99 View Post
Tennessee is a huge game, if we're going to have anything close to a decent season. Chicago is next so you never know. Great to hear Allen's comments honestly.
Good to see some people still have faith. It's not an easy thing in today's world.
Old 10-04-2022, 08:08 PM   #143
rocnrik
Playmaker

You can count me as having NO faith whatsoever in the coaches of this team …there is no way we beat Tennessee.. if you have faith in Danny and his coaches great ! I do not
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 09:43 PM   #144
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Dallas L postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
You can count me as having NO faith whatsoever in the coaches of this team …there is no way we beat Tennessee.. if you have faith in Danny and his coaches great ! I do not

I second this emotion. Im sick of this team gutting me every Sunday. It isn’t about faith it’s about reality. And the reality is i may root for a perennial loser but i aint no sucker. Haha. Not anymore. They stink.
They may or may not beat Tennessee. Shit happens. But this teams ceiling is 6 wins. You can book that shit.
That is one less than last year, and we were supposed to have cap space, and a full compliment of draft picks and continuity with the staff and blah blah blah. When this world has written its final chapter One of the greatest mysteries will be how Ron Rivera made Jay Grudens football team worse. For fucks sake Zorn once won 8 games. And that was when Snyder and Cerrato were running the damn team and its personnel decisions. Rivera is a really terrible HC, but he is thee worst GM we might ever see
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 09:54 PM   #145
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I second this emotion. Im sick of this team gutting me every Sunday. It isn’t about faith it’s about reality. And the reality is i may root for a perennial loser but i aint no sucker. Haha. Not anymore. They stink.
They may or may not beat Tennessee. Shit happens. But this teams ceiling is 6 wins. You can book that shit.
That is one less than last year, and we were supposed to have cap space, and a full compliment of draft picks and continuity with the staff and blah blah blah. When this world has written its final chapter One of the greatest mysteries will be how Ron Rivera made Jay Grudens football team worse. For fucks sake Zorn once won 8 games. And that was when Snyder and Cerrato were running the damn team and its personnel decisions. Rivera is a really terrible HC, but he is thee worst GM we might ever see
So you are taking the under
Old 10-04-2022, 10:46 PM   #146
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
So you are taking the under

My only bet is they don’t win more than 6 games. But if 6 was the number, and i was a gambling man id take the under. Push would be worse case scenario. I wouldn’t lose.
Old 10-04-2022, 11:54 PM   #147
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
I went into the season expecting losses every week. The Jags did surprise me but didn't change my mind. Gotta admit these losses haven't bothered me as I fully expected them. This team will have one of the 2 top picks in the 2023 draft is and has been my prediction. Oh and I predict 3 wins and would take the under.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 12:05 AM   #148
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
I went into the season expecting losses every week. The Jags did surprise me but didn't change my mind. Gotta admit these losses haven't bothered me as I fully expected them. This team will have one of the 2 top picks in the 2023 draft is and has been my prediction. Oh and I predict 3 wins and would take the under.

Tennessee, Chicago, Indy, Houston. Maybe Atlanta? Thats 5 winnable games evern for us. Id say we win at least two. Usually there is at least one game we win that we have no business winning. Hard to go 0-6 in the division. If I had to put an exact number on wins id say 5. Leaning towards 4, not 6.
Im no longer bothered by the ineptitude either.
Old 10-05-2022, 08:29 AM   #149
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Tennessee, Chicago, Indy, Houston. Maybe Atlanta? Thats 5 winnable games evern for us. Id say we win at least two. Usually there is at least one game we win that we have no business winning. Hard to go 0-6 in the division. If I had to put an exact number on wins id say 5. Leaning towards 4, not 6.
Im no longer bothered by the ineptitude either.
I think there’s a little bit of bs in that last sentence,cmon admit it
It’s just went on for so long you’re used to it now,you’ve gotten older and other things are more important,but it still bothers you, or maybe I’m just projecting lmao
Old 10-05-2022, 09:06 AM   #150
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
My only bet is they don’t win more than 6 games. But if 6 was the number, and i was a gambling man id take the under. Push would be worse case scenario. I wouldn’t lose.
I was just being flippant but I did hear on Sheehan this morning that the line was 6.5 games so I think you have a future as a Vegas odds maker there.