Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Eagles postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-26-2022, 09:39 AM   #76
irish
Playmaker

Re: Eagles postgame

All this football stuff is nice but lets get to the really important part of yesterday's game, should the new mascot be a hog or a dog?
irish is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-26-2022, 09:40 AM   #77
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Rivera gets outclassed by other HCs.

Just fire him now. Promote Chris Harris to interim HC and get someone new after the season.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 09:58 AM   #78
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
In now his 35th game as Washington head coach, Rivera team has given up the first 20 points of the game un-answered NINE TIMES!

25% of games they’ve been down 20+ to start the game.

This is fucking disturbing. A quarter of your games? Completely unacceptable.

Imagine any of us coming to work this unprepared and just telling our boss that we are learning. Wouldn’t last 3 days let alone years. This guy has made a bad team worse. Can his ass. I agree with SD. Interim really cant be worse.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 10:48 AM   #79
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I've been mostly a defender/supporter of RR, ST, & Carson, but damn.

This loss was on (in this order) ST, the O-line, and Carson.

I am starting to feel as though this trio is a recipe for disaster: the current offensive line, Carson Wentz, and Scott Turner.

It's a week to week league right? I guess that includes Scott Turner. He can call a great game, and then come up oblivious and unprepared for a couple games.

The offensive line was garbage. Carson rarely had more than 2 seconds anytime he dropped back. Philly's D-line is good, but they aren't other worldly as our O-line made them look.

Carson...get rid of the ball already. Throw it away, or take off running. So frustrating watching the pump fake, scramble, sack.

I still like Carson though. He definitely gives this team the best chance to win. Those of you calling for Heinicke are out of your minds. You have a worse short term memory than I do, and that is saying a lot.

Where we stand though... it's just three games out of 17... They have played three good teams and are 1-2. Beat Dallas and they are 2-2, right where pretty much everybody thought they would be after four games. Not that they have given us any reason to think that they will beat Dallas, but it's a week to week league right?

-Chief Glitter Titties signing off...
Ha! CGT is your alter-ego now, lol.

Yes, I'd also blame Turner first and foremost, but I'm starting to wonder if I wouldn't place the o-line and Wentz as 2a and 2b, respectively. The o-line stunk like the animal exhibit at the State Fair/Carnival, but Wentz with his slow ability to recognize pressure and where it's coming from, along with his quicksand-moving feet only exacerbated Turner and the o-line futility.

Right after our first possession yesterday, I knew we were gonna have to utilize the quick passing game (like how we opened the game with the quick toss to Samuels) going forward. Mark Schlereth kept wondering why Turner was calling for 7-step drops in the face of daunting pressure. Two weeks in a row we've seen Turner not being able to "read the room" per se' and adjust to what's happening in front of him. Dallas is going to do the same thing as the Lions and Eagles, and if Turner doesn't adjust then we're cooked again. as we know what our o-line and Wentz will do in the face of pressure.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 10:57 AM   #80
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Plenty of blame to go around for yesterday, especially on the offensive side.

This team may not score a point against Dallas if they play like yesterday.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 10:59 AM   #81
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Parsons is going to have more sacks then the entire Eagles team. He is going to absolutely kill people next week. It isn’t like we are going to make adjustments or gameplan for him.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 11:01 AM   #82
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Parsons is going to have more sacks then the entire Eagles team. He is going to absolutely kill people next week. It isn’t like we are going to make adjustments or gameplan for him.
What is a gameplan?
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 11:25 AM   #83
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
What is a gameplan?
1. Max protect against a 4 man rush or at least always have bates on Parsons end

Each one of our O line guys got beat yesterday, beat quickly, one on one. One play its Leno, next play its Cosmi, next play its someone on the inside ...

2. Install some single read quick throw plays. The Taylor Heinike playbook. Give Carson plays were there is only 1 read, 1 route. Force him to get the ball out quickly.

If the O line plays like it did yesterday, we have a few plays that negate pass rush .. ball is out in 2 seconds.

3. If the O line shows it can hold up for more than 3 seconds, consider some PA and longer developing plays in the second half.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 11:37 AM   #84
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Yesterday Bates should have been in the game all day blocking, chipping and then release him out. It's like Scott thinks he has the 91 Redskin line, he thought our guys would hold up against their guys. I don't get that since we couldn't block the rookie on the Lions. What did he think was going to happen against a better front in the Eagles? Either he is stupid or too arrogant. Also doesn't Ron look at his gameplans? If I was the head coach I would be in my OC's ear to make sure we are protecting FIRST before sending out 5 guys every pass play.

Parson is up next, wondering if these dummies will make sure he is blocked. If you are to get beat he isn't going to be the one.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 11:41 AM   #85
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

From Keim:
On first downs in the last two games, Washington has averaged a combined 5.82 yards per carry compared to 5.28 yards per pass attempt. Wentz is a combined 20-39 for 206 yards on those first down throws. They've run the ball 22 times for 128 yards.

To me this is interesting. We know the running game in general is way more inefficient than the pass game. It also flies in the face of offensive sustainability to run on first down: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ready-screwed/

Yet it seems to be effective for the C-men more so than passing
Old 09-26-2022, 11:41 AM   #86
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Won't be watching that one either.. Until they change this BS I'm done
Old 09-26-2022, 12:12 PM   #87
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
All this football stuff is nice but lets get to the really important part of yesterday's game, should the new mascot be a hog or a dog?

Just splice it. The team is a clusterfuck the mascot might as well reflect that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 01:10 PM   #88
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
It's going to be a hog to honor the past but they have the worst o-line in the NFL.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 01:23 PM   #89
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
It's going to be a hog to honor the past but they have the worst o-line in the NFL.
That would be fitting, and just another item to add to the embarrassing column.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 01:43 PM   #90
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I tell you one Commander that is happy with the post game news cycle, Jamin Davis