F...Snow

Parking Lot

Old 03-26-2018, 11:10 AM   #106
metalskins
The Starter

Re: F...Snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
I usually love snow, but my wife and I drove up to DC JUST for a once-in-a-lifetime meal at Pineapple and Pearls. The ONLY time they closed in their history was Wednesday. Ended up getting destroyed at a local brewery, but damn we wasted some money in hotels.
Oh man, sorry Malcom! We got a very small coating of snow down here in NC and it was gone by lunch time. I'm ready for spring. Heck, forget spring, I'm ready for summer.

Advertisements
Old 02-01-2021, 12:10 PM   #107
mredskins
MVP

Seriously F it and when it snows then freezing rain to cheisel off is just super great.
Old 02-02-2021, 03:36 AM   #108
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Seriously F it and when it snows then freezing rain to cheisel off is just super great.
Yeah, the Ice just sucks!
Old 02-02-2021, 11:34 AM   #109
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Yeah, the Ice just sucks!
finally ended, i have ocd about snow on my driveway sidewalks

i must have gone out six times this storm to clear, i try to do small amounts so not to F my all ready fragile back

that storm though not big for us was ice and it lasted sunday morning until this morning tuesday. Just super annoying.
Old 02-02-2021, 01:10 PM   #110
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
finally ended, i have ocd about snow on my driveway sidewalks

i must have gone out six times this storm to clear, i try to do small amounts so not to F my all ready fragile back

that storm though not big for us was ice and it lasted sunday morning until this morning tuesday. Just super annoying.
That's just being smart.
Old 02-04-2021, 11:06 AM   #111
SunnySide
Playmaker

BILL HUTCHINSON
Wed, February 3, 2021, 5:49 PM

A fight that erupted over snow shoveling allegedly led to a Pennsylvania man shooting two of his neighbors to death, authorities said.

The fatal gun violence occurred in Plains Township, about 15 miles southwest of Scranton after 2 feet of snow blanketed the area, officials said.

Just before 9 a.m. on Monday, Plains Township police officers responded to a report of shots fired in a residential neighborhood and discovered 50-year-old James Goy and his 48-year-old wife, Lisa Goy, lying dead in the street in front of their home, according to a joint statement by Luzerne County District Attorney Stefanie Salavantis and Plains Township Police Chief Dale Binker.

Residents in the area directed police officers to a house across the street from the Goys' home, but as they approached the front door, a gunshot rang out, the officials said. Inside the house, police found 47-year-old James Spaide deceased from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, officials said.

Neighbors told investigators that Spaide and the Goys had been engaged in a long-running feud that reached a boiling point on the snowiest day of the year.

"The Goys were shoveling the snow from their parking spots, shoveling the snow across the road, and throwing the snow onto Spaide’s property," Salavantis and Binker said in their statement.

Witnesses told investigators that Spaide asked the couple to stop, sparking a heated exchange of words. James Goy apparently threw a tool at Spaide that he had been using to clear snow from his car, according to the statement. When James Goy approached Spaide with a raised fist, Spaide reportedly retreated into his house and fetched a gun, the officials said.

MORE: Video: Indiana man shot 4 times in neighbor dispute

"The Goys proceed to yell at him, and, using expletives, the parties called each other names," Salavantis and Binker said in their statement, adding that the episode was captured on surveillance video. "Mr. Goy then threatened Spaide and is seen making obscene gestures at him. Seconds later, Spaide returns holding a handgun."

MORE: Video: Florida Neighbors Taunt Each Other in Nasty Dispute

The officials said despite seeing Spaide with a gun, James and Lisa Goy continued shouting names at him from the middle of the street.

MORE: Man Who Killed Neighbor Over Tree-Trimming Feud Has No Regrets

Spaide allegedly opened fire on the couple, shooting both of them multiple times. Officials said Spaide then went back into his house and retrieved another firearm, which he reportedly used to shoot them again.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/3-pennsylv...224921402.html

kinda reads like a Tarantino/Coen Bros movie script

I sometimes wonder when my time will come when I get killed by a random person from some random innocuous incident
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 11:04 AM   #112
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Round two of the snow started for me Charles County Md at around 8:30am . Flakes are large and sticking to the cars but not the roads and barely the lawn. Should end around noon.
Old 02-07-2021, 12:31 PM   #113
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
BILL HUTCHINSON
Wed, February 3, 2021, 5:49 PM

A fight that erupted over snow shoveling allegedly led to a Pennsylvania man shooting two of his neighbors to death, authorities said.

The fatal gun violence occurred in Plains Township, about 15 miles southwest of Scranton after 2 feet of snow blanketed the area, officials said.

Just before 9 a.m. on Monday, Plains Township police officers responded to a report of shots fired in a residential neighborhood and discovered 50-year-old James Goy and his 48-year-old wife, Lisa Goy, lying dead in the street in front of their home, according to a joint statement by Luzerne County District Attorney Stefanie Salavantis and Plains Township Police Chief Dale Binker.

Residents in the area directed police officers to a house across the street from the Goys' home, but as they approached the front door, a gunshot rang out, the officials said. Inside the house, police found 47-year-old James Spaide deceased from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, officials said.

Neighbors told investigators that Spaide and the Goys had been engaged in a long-running feud that reached a boiling point on the snowiest day of the year.

"The Goys were shoveling the snow from their parking spots, shoveling the snow across the road, and throwing the snow onto Spaide’s property," Salavantis and Binker said in their statement.

Witnesses told investigators that Spaide asked the couple to stop, sparking a heated exchange of words. James Goy apparently threw a tool at Spaide that he had been using to clear snow from his car, according to the statement. When James Goy approached Spaide with a raised fist, Spaide reportedly retreated into his house and fetched a gun, the officials said.

MORE: Video: Indiana man shot 4 times in neighbor dispute

"The Goys proceed to yell at him, and, using expletives, the parties called each other names," Salavantis and Binker said in their statement, adding that the episode was captured on surveillance video. "Mr. Goy then threatened Spaide and is seen making obscene gestures at him. Seconds later, Spaide returns holding a handgun."

MORE: Video: Florida Neighbors Taunt Each Other in Nasty Dispute

The officials said despite seeing Spaide with a gun, James and Lisa Goy continued shouting names at him from the middle of the street.

MORE: Man Who Killed Neighbor Over Tree-Trimming Feud Has No Regrets

Spaide allegedly opened fire on the couple, shooting both of them multiple times. Officials said Spaide then went back into his house and retrieved another firearm, which he reportedly used to shoot them again.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/3-pennsylv...224921402.html

kinda reads like a Tarantino/Coen Bros movie script

I sometimes wonder when my time will come when I get killed by a random person from some random innocuous incident
Those folks he killed were the a-holes of the neigborhood; be careful who you bully.

not saying you are bully

the video was up on reddit for a bit ; it was pretty crazy to see.
Old 02-07-2021, 01:36 PM   #114
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Those folks he killed were the a-holes of the neigborhood; be careful who you bully.

not saying you are bully

the video was up on reddit for a bit ; it was pretty crazy to see.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GunFights/c...spute_commits/

NSFL: Do not click if you don't want to see people dying over some snow.
Old 02-09-2021, 12:18 PM   #115
SunnySide
Playmaker

happy snowy thoughts ..

took my daughter snow tubing at Liberty, just maybe 30 mins north of frederick. beautiful drive by these farms and farmhouses with snowy fields and mountain backdrops. Then you go through main street of quaint small town emittsburg.

Snow tubing was great. daughter had a blast. youre outside with wind and masks and limited crowds so my covid concern was small.

I did injure my shoulder and break my glasses. Theres a bunch of snow tube lanes and you go down these lanes. They have these mats at the bottom, 5 or so in a row and as you go over them they slow you down. 1st couple of runs, the 2nd or 3rd mat would stop me. my second to last run, I made it to the last mat before stopping. It was getting dark and the snow was turning glassy and fast.

The line to go back up the hill started to grow long and snakes right behind the stopping mats. The line of people is maybe 5-10 feet past the last mat.

so its 5:45 and our time ends at 6. get in line. daughter wants me to go down first so I can then video tape her coming down. So i hop in the tube and down i go. and im going fast.

As I get closer to the bottom I hear people in line start to say things, in heightening concern. first it was a non chalant observational "hes coming fast" .. soon it was a yell of "HES NOT STOPPING!!". And im spinning a bit so I just see blurs of the people in line at the bottom.

I see an employee hop into my lane and assume a tackling position.

I get to the stopping mats and im flying over them. They are not slowing me down. I realize Im like 2 seconds away from taking out this teenage employee and a line of families behind him.

So I stick my foot down into the snow, crash and eat it hard. Immediately feel right shoulder pain.

I hop up trying to look cool in a very uncool situation and the teenager asks me if im alright and I say yes. tell the line of people I meant to do that and try to saunter away from my humiliation. I video tape my daughter coming down and another employee comes up to me and says "thats not supposed to happen". My daughter said all the employees up top of the slope were freaking out too.

So I drove home with one lens in my glasses and a right shoulder i couldnt move without pain.

I also had a situation at the Roy Rodgers in Frederick, might not go back there for a while.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 04:23 PM   #116
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Looking at another storm coming starting Wednesday night ending around noon on FRIDAY!ahhhhhhhhhh shit!!!
Old 02-09-2021, 05:02 PM   #117
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Next week looks pretty good too. Snow Tuesday through Thursday maybe up to 6 inches.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 07:57 PM   #118
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Next week looks pretty good too. Snow Tuesday through Thursday maybe up to 6 inches.
F... Snow
F... Ice

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 08:29 PM   #119
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Sunday morning sucked, it was 34 degrees and pouring rain in Woodbridge. Everywhere to the west got snow though.

I'm hoping to get a decent amount from tomorrow night through Friday, don't believe it until I see it though.
Old 02-09-2021, 08:46 PM   #120
Giantone
Gamebreaker

I don't want anymore of this shit!