trump Inpeachment...............

Debating with the enemy

Old 01-29-2020, 02:43 PM   #481
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: trump Impeachment...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Maybe the senate should vote to send it back to the house to do more investigation. I do believe it sets a terrible precedent for the House to fast track impeachment hearings.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
That’s gonna be a no from me dawg

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-29-2020, 04:32 PM   #482
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: trump Inpeachment...............

The questions and answer session is a more interesting framework but I will admit to fast forwarding through a LOT of the softball questions.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 04:33 PM   #483
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
The question about Hunter Biden is relevant because the house managers claim that there was 0 justification for a request to investigate, which goes to motive.

The question is "Did Trump commit an impeachable offense or not?" His motives don't matter when it comes to answering that question. His actions were an abuse of power, regardless of whether his suspicions about Biden being shady AF were correct or not.

If there is legitimate reason to believe the Biden's were doing something shady, Trump is completely within his right to commission an investigation into that. There are legitimate, constitutional channels to carry out such an investigation. But Trump didn't do that, instead he tried to pressure a foreign government to do the investigation for him and he blocked congressionally approved funds to use as leverage.

We are in this mess now because Trump decided not to follow the rules and not use official channels. The whole country is distracted by this mess when everyone has better things they could be doing.

Ultimately Trump has proven beyond any doubt that he was 100% truthful about one claim - he really could murder someone on 5th avenue and his supporters would stand by him.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 04:46 PM   #484
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
The question is "Did Trump commit an impeachable offense or not?" His motives don't matter when it comes to answering that question. His actions were an abuse of power, regardless of whether his suspicions about Biden being shady AF were correct or not.

If there is legitimate reason to believe the Biden's were doing something shady, Trump is completely within his right to commission an investigation into that. There are legitimate, constitutional channels to carry out such an investigation. But Trump didn't do that, instead he tried to pressure a foreign government to do the investigation for him and he blocked congressionally approved funds to use as leverage.

We are in this mess now because Trump decided not to follow the rules and not use official channels. The whole country is distracted by this mess when everyone has better things they could be doing.

Ultimately Trump has proven beyond any doubt that he was 100% truthful about one claim - he really could murder someone on 5th avenue and his supporters would stand by him.
We are in this mess because for 3 years the democrats have tried every way possible to remove this president. And before that the Republicans tried to pull off their own equivalent investigations they just never took it too an impeachment level. Certainly the next president that says "I have a pen and phone" will, if the House is a different party or large enogh subset of a different party will face an expedited impeachment hearing

Personally I do not want to go to a European parliament system where the legislative can bring down the executive branch, which this impeachment process pushes us toward.

Old 01-29-2020, 05:02 PM   #485
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Today has also shown me i hate adam schiff's voice.

Old 01-29-2020, 08:10 PM   #486
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.wsj.com/articles/house-i...on-11573147474

Bolton went to the courts...the Democrats in the house decided not to subpoena him? Oh that’s right they were in a hurry...but then held the articles in house for as long as they did?

Bad move by dems...

He Gets Us
Old 01-29-2020, 11:39 PM   #487
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

So Bolton got a form letter review that might hold up his book on the 23rd and on the 26th information leaks thst increases demamd for the book. Hmmm. But hey his word is strong enough to contradict the president, Ukraine's president, the vice president and Ukraine's security apparatus.

This whole thing is such a anti trumper wet dream farce.

Old 01-30-2020, 06:08 AM   #488
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
We are in this mess because for 3 years the democrats have tried every way possible to remove this president. And before that the Republicans tried to pull off their own equivalent investigations they just never took it too an impeachment level. Certainly the next president that says "I have a pen and phone" will, if the House is a different party or large enogh subset of a different party will face an expedited impeachment hearing

Personally I do not want to go to a European parliament system where the legislative can bring down the executive branch, which this impeachment process pushes us toward.

No, no it doesn't. For three years this president has wanted to be a dictator and the Dems doing their due diligence are trying to stop him from turning this country into Russia or North Korea.
Old 01-30-2020, 06:09 AM   #489
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
No, no it doesn't. For three years this president has wanted to be a dictator and the Dems doing their due diligence are trying to stop him from turning this country into Russia or North Korea.
That's idiotic

Old 01-30-2020, 11:48 AM   #490
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Trump has broken G1.

Add him to the list

He Gets Us
Old 01-31-2020, 11:54 AM   #491
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

My prediction is the final vote will be 47 for removal, 53 against with 2 of each party voting opposite. I think Romney and Collins vote for removal while Munchin and Brown from Alabama vote for acquittal

Old 01-31-2020, 04:01 PM   #492
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
That's idiotic

yes, trump is.
Old 01-31-2020, 04:01 PM   #493
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Trump has broken G1.

Add him to the list
.......and trump has made you his bitch.
Old 01-31-2020, 04:03 PM   #494
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Rumor is trump's defense team fired Dershowitz. LOL...........................he's been awol since his screwed up speech.
Old 01-31-2020, 04:06 PM   #495
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Rumor is trump's defense team fired Dershowitz. LOL...........................he's been awol since his screwed up speech.
He replied to questions yesterday.