NFL Anthem Policy

Your opinion? Good, bad, who gives a F?

NFL Anthem Policy: Why Owners Decided on the New Rule

Advertisements
Old 05-25-2018, 07:11 PM   #2
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: NFL Anthem Policy

Ya know I wish I could say I don’t give a fuck...but this shit from day one hasn’t been handle right, including this policy. When I say it hasn’t been handled right I’ll include everyone from kap to other players to the players union to the nfl clubs to the ownership and especially the league.

Adam schefter was right today because now the media and fans will focus on whose not on the field game one for the national anthem....and not the storylines we should be following.

In a way, this policy is more a win for kap and protesters of whatever it is we are protesting today.

Shit show.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:18 PM   #3
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Rather than limiting or hiding players, give the players media time after the anthem to highlight their sponsored charity or program. Spotlight 2 per game, one from each team, and wrap them around the anthem, and have all the players on field for the anthem.

Those who feel there are serious issues in the US are right, there are, let's shine the light on those who are putting their time and investments in helping the country move forward.

(new policy is going to blow up in everyone's face players owners and fans)
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:51 PM   #4
DYoungJelly
The Starter

David Stern, the former NBA commissioner, was an absolute gangster.

He knew what to fight about and what to look the other way on.

NOBODY gets suspended from the NBA for pot, because NOBODY gives two craps.

But he saw the anthem issue would be just that, an issue, when Chris Jackson started doing the protest. So he said you can sit, kneel, whatever, but your going to pay a fine, end of story. No issue. The NBA is super progressive on social issues but presents it in a way that doesn't alienate half of the fan base.

The red headed spokesape on the other hand probably wears velcro shoes so he doesn't need help getting himself out the door in the morning.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:17 PM   #5
jamf
Pro Bowl

This is great news. I’m glad they finally showed those “boys” who’s boss.
If this was the good ole days, we could put the fear of our almighty lord Jesus Christ in the “boys”.

/sarcasm
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 09:22 PM   #6
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Ya know I wish I could say I don’t give a fuck...but this shit from day one hasn’t been handle right, including this policy. When I say it hasn’t been handled right I’ll include everyone from kap to other players to the players union to the nfl clubs to the ownership and especially the league.

Adam schefter was right today because now the media and fans will focus on whose not on the field game one for the national anthem....and not the storylines we should be following.

In a way, this policy is more a win for kap and protesters of whatever it is we are protesting today.

Shit show.

I tend to agree with you that this hasn't been handled right at all but I will say it has gone on way to long and I really don't give a shit what these guys do ,they don't influence anything in my life,they aren't that important.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:08 PM   #7
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Forced patriotism always works out well.

OTOH, I'm looking forward to watching the entire Jets squad kneel this fall as a show of brotherhood.

I don't see any way this doesn't bring more attention to their cause.

And finally, it seems like the NFL just took a political cue from our president. To anyone not blind with patriotism, this has been about protesting mistreatment of POC by police. Instead, the narrative has been successfully co-opted into "they're disrespecting the military, and this country" by people who can't/won't empathize with the cause.

I think The Rog is going to learn a harsh lesson from this one. He should've left it up to individual teams to decide what they were going to do.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 11:40 PM   #8
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

It's fucking stupid, and that is all I have to say

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:21 AM   #9
Skinzorz
Special Teams

I’m cool with it, the football field isn’t the place for politics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Skinzorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:10 AM   #10
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

I think it's bullshit personally. I made my opinion last year while all this was going on, that i would rather see the NFL stop doing the anthem entirely so that there would be no distractions, nothing to take the focus away from FOOTBALL.

When i watch an NFL game, i only care about FOOTBALL. I don't care about politics, or the flag, or the anthem, or celebrities or any of that. I just want to see the on field action.

Forcing all players on the field to stand for the anthem, in my opinion, is taking away their constitutional right to peaceful demonstration. Patriotism cannot be "forced". Yes i am a veteran and I approve this message. Many of my battle buddies feel the same.

There are times where patriotic displays are appropriate and should be recognized, but i do not feel that before a football game is one of those times.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:26 AM   #11
davy
Impact Rookie

Simple solution.

Stop playing the national anthem before games!
Old 05-27-2018, 11:03 AM   #12
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Every major US sports league plays the anthem before games. Pretty dumb to ask them to stop.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 11:13 AM   #13
GridIron26
Playmaker

I disagree with this new policy.. It is pretty obvious the owners want to protect their profits and not experience Trump's wrath.. It is really sad how some people immediately twist Kaepernick and some players' purpose of kneeling from protesting about police brutality into disrespecting USA flag. NFL messed up with some events lately - concussion issues, cheerleader treatments, and this issue. This shows how weak NFL's corporate social responsibility strategy is..

Last edited by GridIron26; 05-29-2018 at 11:33 AM.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:58 PM   #14
davy
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Every major US sports league plays the anthem before games. Pretty dumb to ask them to stop.
I see what you did there.
Old 05-27-2018, 01:34 PM   #15
Defensewins
Playmaker

Hyporacy in full display.
This is protected:

This was ok and unpunished at the Olympics:

But this WAS punished severely:

Sad that those trying raise public awareness of social injustice are punished and their intentions are high jacked by political hacks that try and change the narrative.
As a child I was falsely taught that what Juan Carlos and Tommie Smith did in the olympics was unpatriotic and wrong. Later I find out they were protesting and raising awareness of the beatings and killing of blacks during the civil rights movement,in the 60's. History later told the truth of what really was going on. The same will happen with Kapernick.

Last edited by Defensewins; 05-27-2018 at 07:05 PM.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote