Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Thread Hell

Is Springs lacking Heart??

Thread Hell

Old 10-17-2008, 02:38 PM   #1
DaveyFoSho
Special Teams

Is Springs lacking Heart??

Why is he constantly out week after week with some stupid calf injury? Every week we hear, oh I am more concerned about this guy or this guy, yet it is Springs the one to sit out or leave after the first half. This week everyone was very concerned with Smooty, yet he is out there practicing. Ill never forget the year before he left when he had that shoulder injury, but still stuck some big WR for a great open field tackle.

So my question is.... Where is Springs' heart?

Advertisements
Old 10-17-2008, 02:40 PM   #2
johnerotten

Re: Is Springs lacking Heart??

he has plenty of heart!he's played in the nfl 12 years and his body is finally catching up to him.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:42 PM   #3
redsk1
The Starter

Some may question it, but I think it's just the fact that he gets nicked up alot. Don't forget that SS has played hurt for us alot too. I have full confidence that he'll play if it's possible. He's not the type of guy to sit out for no reason.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:44 PM   #4
DaveyFoSho
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
Some may question it, but I think it's just the fact that he gets nicked up alot. Don't forget that SS has played hurt for us alot too. I have full confidence that he'll play if it's possible. He's not the type of guy to sit out for no reason.
I guess the last few weeks have really bothered me. He does a wonderful job on Owens, then sits out the second half. He just seemed fine to me. Maybe the media is just downplaying the severity of the injury?
Old 10-17-2008, 02:46 PM   #5
Scott
Special Teams

and oh BTW, the latest report is that Smoot is most likely out this week. So minus Smoot and maybe Springs could spell trouble. We need to limit the number of plays Torrence gets.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:56 PM   #6
DaveyFoSho
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
and oh BTW, the latest report is that Smoot is most likely out this week. So minus Smoot and maybe Springs could spell trouble. We need to limit the number of plays Torrence gets.
I Just read that Smooty practiced today and will most likely play Sunday. But the catalyst of this thread was that Springs sat out after aggravating his calf injury at the end of practice yesterday.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:00 PM   #7
MTK
\m/

Sorry, I think it's dumb to question his heart. Anyone remember the Chicago game last year where he was supposed to not play with a back injury, and he toughed it out and had 2 INTs that helped lead the late season playoff run?

If he can't go, he can't go. I don't see where there's any solid reasoning behind questioning his heart.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:10 PM   #8
DieHardSkinsFan777
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyFoSho View Post
Why is he constantly out week after week with some stupid calf injury? Every week we hear, oh I am more concerned about this guy or this guy, yet it is Springs the one to sit out or leave after the first half. This week everyone was very concerned with Smooty, yet he is out there practicing. Ill never forget the year before he left when he had that shoulder injury, but still stuck some big WR for a great open field tackle.

So my question is.... Where is Springs' heart?
I would have to think its in texas with his dying father. On to his health, he has had several injury problems over the last few years. Lets just hope we can get him up to full speed down the stretch when our #1 CB will be needed the most.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:16 PM   #9
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

If there was anything wrong with Shawn Springs' heart or his toughness or his desire to play football or anything along those lines, he would have been out of the NFL about 8-10 years ago.

The "problem" he has is that he is getting old. [Sure beats the alternative!]

Time and tide wait for no man...
Old 10-17-2008, 03:22 PM   #10
DaveyFoSho
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Sorry, I think it's dumb to question his heart. Anyone remember the Chicago game last year where he was supposed to not play with a back injury, and he toughed it out and had 2 INTs that helped lead the late season playoff run?

If he can't go, he can't go. I don't see where there's any solid reasoning behind questioning his heart.
I Don't think it is stupid at all. I don't see the passion this year. Who knows why, maybe he just is not as crazy about the game as he used to be. One year can make a big difference.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:33 PM   #11
MTK
\m/

Quote:
I Don't think it is stupid at all. I don't see the passion this year. Who knows why, maybe he just is not as crazy about the game as he used to be. One year can make a big difference.
So why didn't he just retire?

If the team doctors are saying he can't play, then it's really out of his hands.

As far as his passion, did you miss his shutdown performance on T.O.?

People are so quick to turn on players it amazes me.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:40 PM   #12
DaveyFoSho
Special Teams

Quote:
So why didn't he just retire?

If the team doctors are saying he can't play, then it's really out of his hands.

As far as his passion, did you miss his shutdown performance on T.O.?

People are so quick to turn on players it amazes me.
Yep I did for the first half... He really did a great job in the second half sticking to the bench..... I am not turning on him. Your opinion is not the only correct or worthy opinion Matty. It is just MY observation that he might be lacking 100% desire to be in there even though when he is in there he is a great shutdown CB.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:45 PM   #13
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Yep I did for the first half... He really did a great job in the second half sticking to the bench..... I am not turning on him. Your opinion is not the only correct or worthy opinion Matty. It is just MY observation that he might be lacking 100% desire to be in there even though when he is in there he is a great shutdown CB.
I never said anything about me being right and you wrong. You offered an opinion, and my opinion is I don't see any solid reasoning behind it. You see a guy who has no passion and no heart, I'm seeing a guy that's simply banged up to the point where he simply cannot play. And based on his track record, I think the guy has proven he will play hurt when he can.

I'm assuming he's not holding himself out of action. Should he go against the team doctor's determination that he can't play?
Old 10-17-2008, 03:50 PM   #14
DaveyFoSho
Special Teams

Quote:
I never said anything about me being right and you wrong. You offered an opinion, and my opinion is I don't see any solid reasoning behind it. You see a guy who has no passion and no heart, I'm seeing a guy that's simply banged up to the point where he simply cannot play. And based on his track record, I think the guy has proven he will play hurt when he can.

I'm assuming he's not holding himself out of action. Should he go against the team doctor's determination that he can't play?
Well to me it just seems odd that it usually is another player with the more severe diagnosis, and Springs is usually given the probable or not as serious tag. Like this week for instance. Smoot is going to play even though he was a strong doubtful yesterday.

Dude don't get me wrong, I Love Springs. When he is on form he can take any elite WR out that you throw at him... I just would like to see him out there and these little calf problems are really frustrating me.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:54 PM   #15
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Well to me it just seems odd that it usually is another player with the more severe diagnosis, and Springs is usually given the probable or not as serious tag. Like this week for instance. Smoot is going to play even though he was a strong doubtful yesterday.

Dude don't get me wrong, I Love Springs. When he is on form he can take any elite WR out that you throw at him... I just would like to see him out there and these little calf problems are really frustrating me.
Little calf problem? Have you looked over his medicals or something? Just curious how you know it's just a little problem.