Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Thread Hell

Why I believe the Redskins will be the first NFL team to win 3 straight Super Bowls

Thread Hell

Old 05-06-2013, 12:23 AM   #1
KERRAKPO9198

Why I believe the Redskins will be the first NFL team to win 3 straight Super Bowls

I believe the Redskins will be the first team in NFL history to win 3 straight Super Bowls, and the journey begins this up coming season!!! Here are some reasons I believe this to be true.

Dan Snyder has actually turned out to be a great team owner, he wants to win and isn't affraid to spend the big bucks to make that happen, he has also wised up and let coach Mike Shanahan and GM Bruce Allen call the shots on football related decisions.

Mike Shanahan is a great football coach and now has his QB to carry the Redskins to the promised land...

Mike Shanahan takes his life's work to D.C. and Washington Redskins Mike Shanahan takes his life's work to D.C. and Washington Redskins

Kyle Shanahan is a brilliant offensive coordinator and has the Skins offense looking unstoppable

Washington Redskins’ Kyle Shanahan: A lifetime of proving he belongs - The Washington Post Washington Redskins’ Kyle Shanahan: A lifetime of proving he belongs

Jim Haslett is a defensive wizard and really seems to be calling the right defensive plays as of late...

Redskins' Jim Haslett a 'mad scientist' in second half of the season | WashingtonExaminer.com Redskins' Jim Haslett a 'mad scientist' in second half of the season

"He's definitely evolved," Cofield said of Haslett, "especially since the bye week. He's been like a mad scientist. He's coming with all different kinds of blitzes. When you execute them right, it can be perfect."

Raheem Morris also is a great coach and motivator to have around as well, he was once a head coach for the Tampa Bay Bucaneers.

RGIII, this guys is a true warrior on the football field as well as being a great team leader who has transformed the Redskins organization from mediocre to having a chance to play for a Super Bowl title in any given year.

Robert Griffin III: Face of the Washington Redskins Franchise - The Washington Post Face of the franchise
The Washington Post chronicles Robert Griffin III’s first season: his adjustment to the NFL, his cultural assimilation into the nation’s capital and his emergence as a locker room leader.

RGIII !!!

Alfred Morris is a monster at the running back positon and is a top 3 to 5 RB in the NFL.

No Sophomore Slump For Alfred Morris No Sophomore Slump For Alfred Morris

Alfred Morris!

Pierre Garcon is a fiery competitor who reminds me of Steve Smith from the Carolina Panthers, you need guys like that on your football team to bring that passion and energy and to be that spark.

Pierre Garcon

Fred Davis looks to be a super star TE in the making just waiting to bust out and have his breakout season...

Fred Davis: 'This Is The Year' Fred Davis: 'This Is The Year'

Fred Davis!

Trent Williams aka Silver Back, is a monster of a man and imo the best left tackle in all of football.

Williams: 'I Want To Be Dominant' Williams: 'I Want To Be Dominant'

Trent Williams!

The Redskins pass rushers should dominate for years to come, Orakpo will be back healthy next season and I believe he will solidify himself as one of the very best pass rushers in all of football. Kerrrigan continues to get better and is a true stud in the making in his own right. Brandon Jenkins our 5th round draft pick from Florida State looks like he could be a true steal and is a pass rushing freak. If the QB is most important position on the field, then having a good pass rusher is the second most important position, the Redskins look to have three!

Redskins LB Brian Orakpo racks up sacks despite frequent holds, double-teams - @TBD Skins | TBD.com

One of the most important things Orakpo learned from Mann and Smith was to stay low as he attacks the edge in pursuit of the quarterback. In the past, he always relied just on his power and speed to get into the backfield. But with linemen using different tactics, he tries to switch things up as well.

“I’ve started getting lower under their hands where they like to punch, you know, at the point of attack. You seen in the Colts game, I got lower and was able to dip and get under the guy and to the quarterback,” Orakpo says.

“I’m glad we started working on it in OTAs,” Orakpo says. “It took me a while because I'm not even a three-point stance guy. I was a four-point guy, I would explode and stay low. The trick when rushing out of a two-point stance, and the hardest thing about a two-point is, you're automatically up and you're exposing your chest, so the difficult thing for me was to stay low out of the two.”

Orakpo will be 'full-go' at camp | Comcast SportsNet Washington

The two-time Pro Bowl selection also said he focused on preparing for the double-teams he’ll no doubt continue to attract.

That preparation, he said, included work on technique, footwork and hours studying film.

“I’ve been preparing for that,” he said. “Rushing on my own, doing different things, trying to get acclimated to have two bodies on me instead of just one. …When you talk to rushers from around the league, we’re always trying to fine-tune our skills. We watch every game from last season and try to see what we can do to get better.”

Brian Orakpo Looks To Take An Even Bigger Step Forward In 2011 - SB Nation DC

That being said, Orakpo still is looking inward for improvement, both as a rusher and a run defender. Being able to using your hands effectively as a defender is one of the most vital elements in getting off blocks and attacking the ball carrier. Orakpo's hand usage has been one of his biggest issues in his brief career.

"He would use his shoulders [instead] once in a while last year," Haslett recalls.

This offseason, using his hands as weapons to engage opposing blockers has become a focus for Orakpo. Most of his offseason training activity was spent in Austin, Texas, where he worked on hand to hand combat techniques in his training facility at his alma mater.

"[I did] some boxing and MMA type stuff," he explains. "[I learned] better technique as far as getting to the passer, and [this season] I can transfer it on the field."

"[Now] he's using his hands really well." Haslett says. "It's something he's got to keep working on. He's doing a good job with his hand placement taking on [blockers]."

Orakpo diversifying his pass-rushing repertoire - Washington Times

“I’m trying to change it up this year,” Orakpo said after practice. “I’ve been working on a lot of different things. I know I got it in my arsenal, but I can’t be afraid to use different things. That’s one thing I wanted to try. Even if I do get blocked, I’m still trying to learn different things, and that’s something I’m trying to incorporate throughout the training camp.”

“I’m physical,” he said. “I like to get into tackles and be aggressive. But I’ve got to switch it up. I’ve got to do different stuff, and I can’t be afraid to use swim or the inside moves. I’ve just got to do it, let it come natural, and then I’ll be good to go.”

Rak is a true Freak!

Brian Orakpo!

Kerrigan Turns Strength Into Success Kerrigan Turns Strength Into Success

Ryan Kerrigan could save Redskins' defense - NFC East Blog - ESPN Ryan Kerrigan could save Redskins' defense

Kerrigan is a beast!

Ryan Kerrigan!

Brandon Jenkins, DE, Florida State, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com Jenkins scouting report

Brandon Jenkins!

Every team needs a vocal leader and someone to get the team fired up on game days, that player is London Fletcher who still at the ripe old age of 38 is still playing at a very high level... He has also been through some very hard times in his life and I would love to see him retire with a Super Bowl Ring.

Redskins linebacker London Fletcher has grown from boy in peril to NFL elder statesman - Washington Post Redskins linebacker London Fletcher has grown from boy in peril to NFL elder statesman

Captain London Fletcher!

London Fletcher Plans to Play Next Season, Having Ankle Surgery « CBS DC London Fletcher Plans to Play Next Season, Having Ankle Surgery

"But when I sat down with Fletcher not long after he joined the Redskins, I really learned what he had overcome to attain stardom. Before he turned 13 on Cleveland’s dangerous East Side, Fletcher’s sister had been raped and murdered, his grandmother had died in his arms, and his brother had embarked on a lifetime behind bars. His mother was recovering from her drug addiction when she died days before his wedding in 2006."

The Redskins also just had a spectacular draft in 2013, especially enticing are the ball hawks they added to their secondary in Phillip Thomas, Bacarri Rambo, and David Amerson...

Bacarri RAMBO is our new Ed Reed and Phillip Thomas is our new Troy Polamalu, both have a dash of Sean Taylor mixed in as well!

Phillip Thomas headlines Fresno State defense; more mid-major college football news | Campus Union - SI.com

“This 3-4 defense that we run, we learned it from Dick LeBeau and the Steelers, and Phillip’s our Troy Polamalu,” DeRuyter told SI.com. “Where you’ve gotta have a guy who’s gonna be a difference-maker, you can blitz him, you can have him in pass coverage, you can have him as a run-force player, he can play man coverage and he can disguise everything? That guy, for us, is Phillip.”

Phillip Thomas Says "I'm Going to be the Steal of the Draft" - HTTR4LIFE.com

Phillip Thomas is a life-long Redskins fan, when asked who his favorite player was he replied, “Sean Taylor.”

“To watch him play the game as aggressive as he was and as great a player as he was…” Thomas said. “He studied film and did everything he had to do and was a perfectionist at the game.”

Phillip Thomas, FS, Fresno State, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com Thomas scouting report

Phillip Thomas!

Bulldogs' Bacarri Rambo welcomes comparison to his role model | jacksonville.com

Bacarri Rambo has a knack for swarming to the ball.

So does his favorite player, Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed. Teammates and coaches have said that Rambo reminds them most of Reed when asked to compare the Georgia safety to an NFL player. And that’s without the eight-time Pro Bowler’s name even mentioned in the question.

It shouldn’t come as much of a surprise, though. Rambo said that he’s followed Reed’s career since he was a child and tries to emulate the future Hall of Famer every Saturday.

“I watch his highlight film a lot to see how he does things,” Rambo said. “I feel like he’s more of a ball hawk and that’s what I try to suit myself as. If it comes down to making a big hit, he’s going to make the big hit. I try to do that, too, but now I’d rather just catch interceptions.”

http://fanspeak.com/nfldraft/2013/04...owl-interview/

I used to look up to Sean Taylor. Rest in peace to a great man, he was a great player. I really respected him, and I looked up to him. But right now, I’d say Ed Reed. I just like his playing style. I just try to do certain things like him, like reading the quarterback and just playing certain types of coverages. And just having that knack for the ball.

Washington Redskins can afford gamble on Bacarri Rambo - The Washington Post

“I feel like I can get there [to the football] and create turnovers,” Rambo said after practice. “I want to be the greatest at my position.”

Bacarri Rambo, FS, Georgia, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com Rambo scouting report

Bacarri Rambo!

Redskins Q&A: Former NC State DBs coach Mike Reed on second-round CB David Amerson - Washington Times Redskins Q&A: Former NC State DBs coach Mike Reed on second-round CB David Amerson

David Amerson, CB, North Carolina State, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com Amerson draft profile

David Amerson!

These are just the main guys I see dominating for us and taking us to the Super Bowl. Of course there are other very good players on our roster and it seems we have quite the good depth at most positions. I'm also rooting for Pat White to make the team as our 3rd string QB over Rex Grossman. But here's to hopefully the beginning of many Super Bowls to come!

White's journey from NFL bust to Redskins remarkable, improbable - NFL - CBSSports.com News, Rumors, Scores, Stats, Fantasy White's journey from NFL bust to Redskins remarkable, improbable

Pat White!

Redskins.com | Players Redskins roster

Last edited by KERRAKPO9198; 05-06-2013 at 01:06 AM.

Advertisements
Old 05-06-2013, 12:29 AM   #2
KERRAKPO9198

Re: Why I believe the Redskins will be the first NFL team to win 3 straight Super Bowls

Redskins Cowboys Rivalry the Best in Sports - YouTube
Old 05-06-2013, 12:37 AM   #3
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Re: Why I believe the Redskins will be the first NFL team to win 3 straight Super Bowls

Omg. Tl;dr

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:56 AM   #4
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Omg. Tl;dr
Well we went from "Are the Redskins becoming more of a virginia based team?" To an AceInTheHouse-esque thread.

3 straight Super Bowls before we even win one. Ok then.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:12 AM   #5
KERRAKPO9198

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Well we went from "Are the Redskins becoming more of a virginia based team?" To an AceInTheHouse-esque thread.

3 straight Super Bowls before we even win one. Ok then.
Ron Burgundy - That Escalated Quickly - YouTube
Have some faith young man, have some faith.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:15 AM   #6
KERRAKPO9198

Shanahan has praise for Thomas and Rambo | Comcast SportsNet Washington

Here’s a rundown of the key points from Sunday's news conference:
•Shanahan raved about the versatility of safeties Phillip Thomas and Bacarri Rambo. During Sunday’s drills, Rambo made a nice interception on a contested ball, while Thomas picked off deflected pass. “Any time you have motions and shifts and tight ends with the type of talent they have nowadays, you have to be able to be able to play both positions,” Shanahan said. “The good part about it, they have the size and athletic ability to play both positions.”
•Rambo said he spent the majority of the five practices lined up at free safety.
•Shanahan also revealed that Thomas and Rambo both scored well on pre-draft exams administered by the team. “We have different tests that they take that tell us what kind of mental quickness they have, what kind of dedication, commitment, those types of things that are very important to us,” he said. “Those two guys, one had a 10 and one had a 9 out of 10 points. That’s as good as you see."
Old 05-06-2013, 01:26 AM   #7
KERRAKPO9198

Are Justin Hunter, David Amerson first-round picks? - NFL.com

Mayock sees Amerson as a "physical freak"

David Amerson, Phillip Thomas and Bacarri Rambo give Redskins a glimpse of what's to come in minicamp | WashingtonExaminer.com
Old 05-06-2013, 01:47 AM   #8
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

I like your enthusiasm. Pump the breaks though my friend, lets win 1 super bowl first before we say that we'll win 3. I like that you didn't do 10 quick one liner posts to create this thread/you've been here before. I don't like that your first post my win the record for longest post of the year.

Its definitely an exciting time to be a Redskins fan.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:39 AM   #9
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Holy crap, this may be the best "worst thread ever"
Old 05-06-2013, 03:39 AM   #10
That Guy
Living Legend

first, hi. second, too much kool aid.

third, let's win a game first. and i don't think any team is going to go to 3 straight superbowls, just because of the difficulty in never losing a playoff game and avoiding injuries for three years in a row.

however, if you'd like to put money on it (if you're really serious), i'm game.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:24 AM   #11
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Not happening, nobody will ever do it. Hell back to back is even harder to do now a days. I'm all for being crazy about the team but sometimes that kool aid has crack in it apparently
Old 05-06-2013, 06:46 AM   #12
Kindoy
The Starter

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhh
Old 05-06-2013, 07:26 AM   #13
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

This how I have to start off a Monday morning!!! WTF?? Wait just a minute here, its still much better than opening a Monday morning thread about Zorn or Vinny.

Stay Golden KERRAKPO, stay golden.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:08 AM   #14
donofriose
The Starter

Hopefully the Redskins can win at least one. But remember the team that won a superbowl two years ago is still in the same division the skins are in, not to mention the 49ers, Falcons, Packers, Seahawks, even the improving Rams (who beat the skins last year) are all in the same conference. All those teams are almost just as young if not younger as the Skins, but I like the enthusiasm.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:13 AM   #15
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KERRAKPO9198 View Post
Have some faith young man, have some faith.
Trust me, I have faith. That isn't the issue here.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.