Dallas week Version 1

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-19-2018, 01:27 PM   #76
MTK
\m/

Re: Dallas week Version 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
We're 3-2. The Saints game sucked because we got whooped, but if I had to pick 1 of our 1st 5 games we were losing, regardless of score, that was it.

The Colts loss stings, and it looks worse and worse each week. We needed that one.

But if we beat Dallas, there is no way I'll complain about 4-2. We're due to beat those fuckdicks. Win!!
Think of it this way, before the season most would have predicted we'd beat Indy but lose to Carolina. You're always going to win some you don't expect, and lose some you don't expect. In the end you just hope to even those out.

Advertisements
Old 10-19-2018, 01:53 PM   #77
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
The biggest thing Smith is giving us right now vs Cousins, and this shouldn't be understated... Smith has 3 turnovers on the year and Cousins has 8. That's huge folks. You can win a lot of games in this league running the ball, playing good defense, and winning the turnover battle.
Still early, but I'd still give the edge to KC at this point. True that AS has only lost 1 fumble. But he has put the ball on the ground 5 times lost 1. KC has put it on the ground 6 times, lost 5. That is just the luck of the bounce.

KC has 3 INTs. Smith has 2. But I still take into account that KC has 89 more attempts on the year than AS. Even though KC is in the top half of the NFL in yards and rating. AS is in the bottom third. But stat wise, they are pretty damn close to one another
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:37 PM   #78
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Still early, but I'd still give the edge to KC at this point. True that AS has only lost 1 fumble. But he has put the ball on the ground 5 times lost 1. KC has put it on the ground 6 times, lost 5. That is just the luck of the bounce.

KC has 3 INTs. Smith has 2. But I still take into account that KC has 89 more attempts on the year than AS. Even though KC is in the top half of the NFL in yards and rating. AS is in the bottom third. But stat wise, they are pretty damn close to one another
KCs fumbles lost 1 game for sure, he also had two game losing ints overturned by phantom penalty hits.

Its not all stats, it is where the team stands at the end of the season.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:46 PM   #79
MTK
\m/

One can spin the stats anyway they want, bottom line is KC turns it over considerably more than Smith. It's not even close.
Old 10-19-2018, 03:43 PM   #80
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaRedskins View Post
I struggle with the Jay Gruden hate. He is highly regarded in the league as a really good coach. He may never be a Bill Parcells or Joe Gibbs, but he is well above average.

Most people will say he turned around a bad situation and added stability. That alone should give him creditability. The bigger question is whether he can take the next step. When I look at the team, I say is it better now than when he arrived. The answer is "Yes".

I also know the grass is greener on the other side, but I do not understand all the baby shanny love. I am sorry but he has not done shit yet. He may turn out to be a great coach, but so may Jay.

Just my thoughts.
Well above average is not what his W-L record says. It says he is the epitome of average. His contract is up after this season. Why would an owner with any championship ambitions want to re-hire a coach with a thoroughly average W-L history?

After 5 years of trying and failing to build a consistent winner, there is no next step for him to take. Time is up! He will either win this season or he'll be fired.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:51 PM   #81
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
You can disagree which is fine, but "unfair" is straight up bullshit. We have more than adequate weapons...from what Im told the roster has double digits wins talent...we been ok with injuries...schedule has been fine...we are in a weak ass division...we have continuity with coaching staff...and most relevant, Alex Smith is a proven Vet.

Smith hasn't played to the trade or the contract...Adrian Peterson has been the difference maker NOT Smith. I see 2 back to back bad performances and Jay Gruden flat out said yesterday, Alex is holding the ball too long.

I need to see Alex Smith come out and perform at a high level this week. We paid him to win big games like New Orleans (oh buzzsaw, trap game...) on a big stage...but most importantly we paid Smith to win divisional games like Dallas at home.

Coaches and the Front office chose Alex over Cousins...I need to see why. I need to see it now.
Sorry - He was gone before AS was signed. This is a front office issue not a coach issue. Is shows hate that I do not understand.
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:59 PM   #82
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Well above average is not what his W-L record says. It says he is the epitome of average. His contract is up after this season. Why would an owner with any championship ambitions want to re-hire a coach with a thoroughly average W-L history?

After 5 years of trying and failing to build a consistent winner, there is no next step for him to take. Time is up! He will either win this season or he'll be fired.
You are judging him based on just the w - l record. Being 500 does not mean he is average. It means his record is 500.

I am not saying he should get a free pass for this year. I am saying I do not understand the hate and he is regraded as a good coach.

If he will be coaching next year. In DC or somewhere else. There are 8 teams that would love him.
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:59 PM   #83
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

I agree, some here are hating on AS, but his tenures have generally produced winning seasons at both previous teams. Gruden should be able to take a proven qb and win with him after building his team for 4+ years.

Maybe he will, we have a winning record, and could conceivably go on a 3-4 game win streak before facing Philly. I hope that is what happens, but my confidence in Gruden just doesn't exist.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:05 PM   #84
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
The biggest thing Smith is giving us right now vs Cousins, and this shouldn't be understated... Smith has 3 turnovers on the year and Cousins has 8. That's huge folks. You can win a lot of games in this league running the ball, playing good defense, and winning the turnover battle.
Great point!
Old 10-19-2018, 09:16 PM   #85
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:

What is so frustrating about Gruden's era has been his inability to run the ball with any success.

If the team, with Kirk, at QB would have been average to slightly above average at the run game, it would have added a game to two games to the win column each year.

The lack of urgency and his unwillingness to change when it came to the run game became an expected shortcoming year after year.

He should be smarter than he was/is regarding the run game; putting players in positions to win, not putting weaker blockers in key positions who lose run after run.

He doesn't even have to be original. Just copy a successful team.

Or, as in this year, just do the same thing and bring in hall of fame level talent and instincts and rely on AP until he breaks down.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:51 AM   #86
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaRedskins View Post
You are judging him based on just the w - l record. Being 500 does not mean he is average. It means his record is 500.

I am not saying he should get a free pass for this year. I am saying I do not understand the hate and he is regraded as a good coach.

If he will be coaching next year. In DC or somewhere else. There are 8 teams that would love him.
1. After 5 years, yes I am judging him on his W-L record. Let me ask you this: What was he hired to do? If it isn't winning football games, then I'm baffled. Remember the famous Bill Parcells quote when he said "You are what your record says you are"? That's what I believe.

2. Re-signing him to a new contract after another mediocre year would indeed be tantamount to a free pass.

3. I don't know how you define hate but I don't think fans hate him. They just don't believe that he has what it takes to lead this team to the next level.

4. If you can, please name a couple of people with football knowledge who have said they regard him as a good NFL head coach, not coordinator.

5. I couldn't care less how many teams might want him as their head coach. If he fails to win here, he's got to go. It's the way of the world.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:44 AM   #87
rickmmrr
Special Teams

At this point, I just hope Alex comes out on Sunday and shows all of us that He is a Dallas killer. That he has that Dallas killer instinct. KC didn't really have that. I want to see that fire in his gut to destroy Dallas.
rickmmrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:58 AM   #88
rocnrik
Playmaker

Minnesota is a team loaded with talent poised for a super bowl run! Not so with redskins.. we are a middle of pack team .. So all these comparisons between KC and AS is hard to do...we could ponder if Smith was in Minnesota and Cousins still here what differences in record.. I don’t believe much would change however I do believe that with Minnesota WR’s we would be much better! Cousins turnovers is still haunting him and in the end that is why we never was sold on him 100% ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:12 AM   #89
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmmrr View Post
At this point, I just hope Alex comes out on Sunday and shows all of us that He is a Dallas killer. That he has that Dallas killer instinct. KC didn't really have that. I want to see that fire in his gut to destroy Dallas.
What is a Dallas killer? Is being a Giants or Eagles killer just as important?
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:43 AM   #90
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
What is a Dallas killer? Is being a Giants or Eagles killer just as important?
For this week no its not as important. Next week he needs to put on his extra tall shoes and go hunt giiants.