Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


FALCONS PRE GAME THREAD

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM   #1
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: UNITED STATES
Age: 37
Posts: 35,982
FALCONS PRE GAME THREAD

On to week 6 already.

ATL is 3-2 but playing very avg on both sides of the ball.

WASH 2-3 and have lost 3 in a row while giving up 36 PPG..

If we lose this game , the season will get UGLY Fast.

I think we bounce back with a win 28-21
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 11:13 AM   #2
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 40
Posts: 19,309
Re: FALCONS PRE GAME THREAD

My avatar will be on the right-side of history by 5 p.m. on Sunday. I have zero faith in us winning this game.

Robinson vs. Davis/Barton is going to be bloody murder.
__________________
Turkish: What's happening with them sausages, Charlie?
Sausage Charlie: Five minutes, Turkish.
Turkish: It was two minutes five minutes ago.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 11:16 AM   #3
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: UNITED STATES
Age: 37
Posts: 35,982
Re: FALCONS PRE GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
My avatar will be on the right-side of history by 5 p.m. on Sunday. I have zero faith in us winning this game.

Robinson vs. Davis/Barton is going to be bloody murder.
I think it'll come down to QB Play and Howell is better than Ridder but of course Howell could have a bad week too as I say that so who knows
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 11:25 AM   #4
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 40
Posts: 19,309
Re: FALCONS PRE GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I think it'll come down to QB Play and Howell is better than Ridder but of course Howell could have a bad week too as I say that so who knows
It's an absolutely winnable game, but I still don't think we can win, if that makes sense lol.

That performance against the Bears has broken my spirit. If we can't even hang w/ the Bears at home, then I sure as hell can't really believe we will win a game on the road against an equal or better team.
__________________
Turkish: What's happening with them sausages, Charlie?
Sausage Charlie: Five minutes, Turkish.
Turkish: It was two minutes five minutes ago.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 01:26 PM   #5
PorkSkins
Playmaker
 
PorkSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,976
Re: FALCONS PRE GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
My avatar will be on the right-side of history by 5 p.m. on Sunday. I have zero faith in us winning this game.

Robinson vs. Davis/Barton is going to be bloody murder.
Although, I have as much confidence in this staff as I can beat up a silverback gorilla, I do think we win next Sunday. I have a feeling we'll blitz Ridder from the onset and rattle him a bit. I also think Jon Allen and Payne will come out possessed like maniacs.

I think we win by at least 10 points. I sense we're gonna play pissed off as a team and get the W. Then in typical Washington manner, we'll shit the bed the following week versus the Giants. That's a story for another day.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 01:34 PM   #6
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 5,489
Re: FALCONS PRE GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkSkins View Post
Although, I have as much confidence in this staff as I can beat up a silverback gorilla, I do think we win next Sunday. I have a feeling we'll blitz Ridder from the onset and rattle him a bit. I also think Jon Allen and Payne will come out possessed like maniacs.

I think we win by at least 10 points. I sense we're gonna play pissed off as a team and get the W. Then in typical Washington manner, we'll shit the bed the following week versus the Giants. That's a story for another day.
That would be a big divergence from the typical JDR game plan. Personally I hope you're right.
__________________
Who does number 2 work for?
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 01:37 PM   #7
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 40
Posts: 19,309
Re: FALCONS PRE GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
That would be a big divergence from the typical JDR game plan. Personally I hope you're right.
JDR needs to turn into Jobu.

__________________
Turkish: What's happening with them sausages, Charlie?
Sausage Charlie: Five minutes, Turkish.
Turkish: It was two minutes five minutes ago.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 01:42 PM   #8
PorkSkins
Playmaker
 
PorkSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,976
Re: FALCONS PRE GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
That would be a big divergence from the typical JDR game plan. Personally I hope you're right.
The reason I suspect that'll occur because bringing pressure allowed us to get back in the game last Thursday. I wanna give those clowns (JDR and Rivera) the benefit of the doubt here and surmise they'll go after Ridder much earlier than they did Fields, and create some mistakes and energize our defense.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 11:33 AM   #9
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 5,489
Re: FALCONS PRE GAME THREAD

Spread is Skins +2

After Thursday I am surprised we are not bigger dogs. While my inner fanboy says this winnable there is a fundamental difference between Atlanta and the C-men. Atlanta's losses are to Lions and Jags in other words they are beating teams they are supposed to beat, we are not. I pick Falcons for the W. We are losing at half time yet again, Howell leads a great 2nd half comeback to tie the game with a 1:30 left. Ridder leads the team down the field carving the defense like butter with a game winning field goal as time expires. As RR looks on stunned on the side lines.
__________________
Who does number 2 work for?
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 12:02 PM   #10
Hoglips
Camp Scrub
 
Hoglips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2023
Posts: 62
Re: FALCONS PRE GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Spread is Skins +2

After Thursday I am surprised we are not bigger dogs. While my inner fanboy says this winnable there is a fundamental difference between Atlanta and the C-men. Atlanta's losses are to Lions and Jags in other words they are beating teams they are supposed to beat, we are not. I pick Falcons for the W. We are losing at half time yet again, Howell leads a great 2nd half comeback to tie the game with a 1:30 left. Ridder leads the team down the field carving the defense like butter with a game winning field goal as time expires. As RR looks on stunned on the side lines.
Winnable in the way that Riversink Ron manages to salvage his job this time every season. We may pull out the win, but I'm not getting sucked into hope. As @sdskinsfan mentioned, the Bears loss has immunized me.
Hoglips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 12:08 PM   #11
EdmundDorf
The Starter
 
EdmundDorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK, South
Posts: 1,899
Re: FALCONS PRE GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Spread is Skins +2

After Thursday I am surprised we are not bigger dogs. While my inner fanboy says this winnable there is a fundamental difference between Atlanta and the C-men. Atlanta's losses are to Lions and Jags in other words they are beating teams they are supposed to beat, we are not. I pick Falcons for the W. We are losing at half time yet again, Howell leads a great 2nd half comeback to tie the game with a 1:30 left. Ridder leads the team down the field carving the defense like butter with a game winning field goal as time expires. As RR looks on stunned on the side lines.
Has he ever looked stunned? That would be showing emotion, he will be standing there arms crossed as if nothing was happening , as usual
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 12:36 PM   #12
mredskins
MVP
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 12,475
Re: FALCONS PRE GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Spread is Skins +2

After Thursday I am surprised we are not bigger dogs. While my inner fanboy says this winnable there is a fundamental difference between Atlanta and the C-men. Atlanta's losses are to Lions and Jags in other words they are beating teams they are supposed to beat, we are not. I pick Falcons for the W. We are losing at half time yet again, Howell leads a great 2nd half comeback to tie the game with a 1:30 left. Ridder leads the team down the field carving the defense like butter with a game winning field goal as time expires. As RR looks on stunned on the side lines.
This doesn't work; G-Men works C-Men not so much

Try saying it out loud in conversation, it sounds like what "comes" out of an ejaculating penis.

I would drop that nickname.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 12:43 PM   #13
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 5,489
Re: FALCONS PRE GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
This doesn't work; G-Men works C-Men not so much

Try saying it out loud in conversation, it sounds like what "comes" out of an ejaculating penis.

I would drop that nickname.
You don't like C-men?
__________________
Who does number 2 work for?
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 12:23 PM   #14
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 5,489
Re: FALCONS PRE GAME THREAD

He has the continuously stunned face the way the incredibly stupid parents are stunned when their son invites friends after homecoming to the basement and the parents discover ten drunk kids.
__________________
Who does number 2 work for?
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 03:01 PM   #15
nonniey
The Starter
 
nonniey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,454
Re: FALCONS PRE GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
On to week 6 already.

ATL is 3-2 but playing very avg on both sides of the ball.

.....
Which is better than us. Imagine we should be the underdogs.
nonniey is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.21995 seconds with 10 queries