Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins pay or trade Trent Williams?
Pay him 34 46.58%
Trade him 39 53.42%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 09:20 AM   #781
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

If so then lets hope we can get a good player or pick for him. Still would love Clowney or Diggs

Advertisements
Old 08-16-2019, 09:29 AM   #782
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
If so then lets hope we can get a good player or pick for him. Still would love Clowney or Diggs
Diggs would be a welcome addition to the team, would have to re sign him too though.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:10 AM   #783
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

This Colt McCoy story makes me support Trent a bit more on all this. This fucking franchise just doesn't get it. How the fuck do you rush back a broken leg? You can't will a bone to heal! You wait the required time and don't play until its 100% healed. Sending him out there is fucking terrible.

This franchise needs a complete reset from the owner on down.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:34 AM   #784
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
This Colt McCoy story makes me support Trent a bit more on all this. This fucking franchise just doesn't get it. How the fuck do you rush back a broken leg? You can't will a bone to heal! You wait the required time and don't play until its 100% healed. Sending him out there is fucking terrible.

This franchise needs a complete reset from the owner on down.
Yes it does, its a damn shame
Old 08-16-2019, 10:50 AM   #785
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Yes it does, its a damn shame
This franchise just oozes unprofessionalism.

They need to be like George Constanza and try doing the exact opposite of what they've been doing.
Old 08-16-2019, 11:02 AM   #786
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I guess i don't blame Trent for wanting out, sucks to have your best player for a decade just hate u
Old 08-16-2019, 11:32 AM   #787
Ruhskins
Living Legend

So we are not putting any responsibility on Colt on wanting to come back too soon? We know how players lie in concussion exams to get back on the field. I just see Colt and Trent's situation completely different.

Also, if the medical team was so terrible, shouldn't Alex Smith or other injured players be disgruntled with the team? Also, as I've said before, wouldn't the NFLPA be already involved?

I just feel that a lot of people seem misinformed about the medical issues. Everyone keeps bringing up Guice and him having an infection, yet he talked with JP Findlay and said that they did a preventive treatment to avoid an infection.

To me the more frustrating part from the team about the medical stuff is the lack of communication (which JP Findlay said in his podcast today).
R.I.P. #21
Old 08-16-2019, 12:02 PM   #788
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
So we are not putting any responsibility on Colt on wanting to come back too soon? We know how players lie in concussion exams to get back on the field. I just see Colt and Trent's situation completely different.

Also, if the medical team was so terrible, shouldn't Alex Smith or other injured players be disgruntled with the team? Also, as I've said before, wouldn't the NFLPA be already involved?

I just feel that a lot of people seem misinformed about the medical issues. Everyone keeps bringing up Guice and him having an infection, yet he talked with JP Findlay and said that they did a preventive treatment to avoid an infection.

To me the more frustrating part from the team about the medical stuff is the lack of communication (which JP Findlay said in his podcast today).
Players aren't doctors. The onus is on the teams medical and coaching staffs to take care of their players health 1st and foremost. To me rushing a broken leg is brutal and completely unacceptable.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:43 PM   #789
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Players aren't doctors. The onus is on the teams medical and coaching staffs to take care of their players health 1st and foremost. To me rushing a broken leg is brutal and completely unacceptable.
This stuff isn't an exact science. Everyone heals at different rates. How the player says theyre feeling plays a huge role.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:20 PM   #790
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I don't see Colt out there bitchin about the training staff or the doctor's or anything else. Hes a competitor. He wanted to come back. Perhaps it was too soon but that's what competitors do. It happens all the time in the NFL with players coming back just a little bit too early from injuries. It's unfortunate, but I don't see his situation and Trent's situation even remotely similar. Hell, unless I missed something we don't even really know what the heck happened in Trent situation. He hasn't said a damn word. Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise anyway. This has given more opportunity for Haskins, which is exactly what he needs.
Old 08-16-2019, 05:13 PM   #791
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
This stuff isn't an exact science. Everyone heals at different rates. How the player says theyre feeling plays a huge role.
Great point. Counterpoint: I've never heard of a single player who came back from a broken leg in a month. I put the blame for Colt's current issues half on him and half on the team, because both were eager to see if he could come back in the event of a deep playoff run (it was 2 months from his leg to the Super Bowl, even that timeframe seems hella unrealistic).
Old 08-16-2019, 05:19 PM   #792
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

https://twitter.com/hogshaven/status...398493184?s=21

Cooley is almost positive T.Will is not coming back. I agree skinsfaninok, it sucks to see a guy who at his current rate will be a HOFer totally turn on the team in the span of an offseason (reportedly because he thinks they didn't take a lump seriously when he also didn't take it seriously) but I'm focused on the positives here. If we trade him, due to his position and his status in the NFL we are likely to get a good return on him. He's also entering his 30's and has had a hard time staying healthy these last few years.

As compared to Doctson, another first rounder who seems likely to get dumped in roster cuts and who we won't see any compensation for after the fact. Thank you for your service T.Will, and if somehow Bruce manages to turn this pot of shit into a pot of gold that's a feather in his cap, which would bring his ratio of feathers-to-dog turds to about 5-50.
Old 08-17-2019, 08:19 AM   #793
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Looking at the rumour mill and team needs, I see 3 scenarios:

1) They up the ante on contract talks and he re-signs. Unlikely given his stance on the FO and medical staff, but money does talk.
I'd also consider firing the heads of the medical and training staff; a) they don't seem that effective anyway and b) because they are far easier to replace than a HOF LT!
2) Talks are going on with teams under the radar and we're waiting out an improved offer. Pats offer a #1, but that's too little, so we wait on them upping the ante (unlikely given Belichik's history, but...), Texans offered Cloweny but he's not enough of a need and contract an issue (so maybe they throw in a pick?), Phins offer a #1 which is tempting but not quite enough. Someone makes a better offer within the next 2 weeks and we take it.
3) Team cuts off its nose to spite its face and TW holds out all season then they are forced to trade him with only 1y on his deal remaining.

Regardless of what they have said to date, they have to consider a trade if they can't get him back around the table on contract talks.

If they don't sort this out soon it's going to be a mess of a season and likely Gruden is gone by end by December (may not be a bad thing). To me, regardless of how it makes the FO look, they now have to trade TW to avoid a repeat of the Bell situation and a blown season. Getting a #1 pick or better now is far better than the Bell scenario in my view.
Old 08-17-2019, 08:29 AM   #794
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I think if any team had offered a 1 TW would have been traded by now. Best we are getting is a 2 and late rounder

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2019, 08:31 AM   #795
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I think if any team had offered a 1 TW would have been traded by now. Best we are getting is a 2 and late rounder

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I think someone will offer a 1 if we wait. A LT of Trent’s caliber is VERY hard to find. Almost as hard as a franchise QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread