Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-29-2019, 06:28 PM   #61
Indian-brave
Special Teams

Re: Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSkins1961 View Post
I think A but like you said should be C. I think Gruden gets fired if we lose to the dolphins and are 0-6 or right after the game before the bye week...
gruden will be gone in under 24 hours
Indian-brave is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-29-2019, 06:48 PM   #62
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

It brings up an interesting question.

Do you fire Gruden going into the Pats game, which is about as guaranteed an L as it's ever gonna get?

Or do you wait until after the game and fire him then knowing the Dolphins game is probably your best chance to win all season?

The more I think the better it seems to get the L to the Pats out of the way, then fire him and hopefully Allen/Manusky going into the Dolphins game so your new staff has a terrible opponent to prepare for.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 06:54 PM   #63
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
It brings up an interesting question.

Do you fire Gruden going into the Pats game, which is about as guaranteed an L as it's ever gonna get?

Or do you wait until after the game and fire him then knowing the Dolphins game is probably your best chance to win all season?

The more I think the better it seems to get the L to the Pats out of the way, then fire him and hopefully Allen/Manusky going into the Dolphins game so your new staff has a terrible opponent to prepare for.
Fire them all now, next weeks game is a wash, let the new person at least start installing his thoughts

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 08:27 PM   #64
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian-brave View Post
gruden will be gone in under 24 hours
Not going anywhere, book it
Old 09-29-2019, 08:31 PM   #65
Defensewins
Playmaker

Dan Snyder,
It is time for new leadership. Someone qualified. Someone that is not afraid to say no to you. You are rich and a successful bussinessman. That does not make you qualified to run an NFL front office. Hire a professional. Someone like Charlie Casserly. Not because he is great or my favorite choice. But he is one of the few experienced candidates that would take this job and that has done it before. Anybody like Casserly would be an improvement over BA.
https://redskinswire.usatoday.com/20...cord-redskins/
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 08:58 PM   #66
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Not going anywhere, book it
JP Finlay said that too. Something has to happen though, right?
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:50 PM   #67
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I wanted to start a new thread, but I know the basic concept has covered in all the threads. My question would be this.

WTF does it take to get DS to make a change anymore. I know the media used to harangue him for being impetuous. But let's be serious, Jay Gruden has had 5+ years to show he could be a consistent winning NFL coach, instead he has shown over and over he can't get the team ready for even basic games. Our D has been atrocious, our offense looks inept (Jay's own words). Or BA, he clearly has had issues with the players and agents at this point. He also clearly poisons communications with awful petty leaks and comments.

If after all of these things DS can't pull the trigger, what event will it take to trigger it.

I have no idea
Old 09-29-2019, 09:53 PM   #68
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I wanted to start a new thread, but I know the basic concept has covered in all the threads. My question would be this.

WTF does it take to get DS to make a change anymore. I know the media used to harangue him for being impetuous. But let's be serious, Jay Gruden has had 5+ years to show he could be a consistent winning NFL coach, instead he has shown over and over he can't get the team ready for even basic games. Our D has been atrocious, our offense looks inept (Jay's own words). Or BA, he clearly has had issues with the players and agents at this point. He also clearly poisons communications with awful petty leaks and comments.

If after all of these things DS can't pull the trigger, what event will it take to trigger it.

I have no idea
I have the next best idea.

Let's pull all our money together and get one of these Instagram ho-ors to seduce Dan Snyder long enough to get him on tape saying some stupid shit that will force him to sell the franchise.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:15 PM   #69
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I have the next best idea.

Let's pull all our money together and get one of these Instagram ho-ors to seduce Dan Snyder long enough to get him on tape saying some stupid shit that will force him to sell the franchise.
At this point i am thinking Vegas odds would favor that idea

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2019, 10:54 PM   #70
PorkSkins
Playmaker

I've said it before and will say it again, unless we fall upon dumb or blind luck then we'll never have any success (certainly not anything sustainable) with Snyder as the owner.

I've finally resigned myself to it.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:59 PM   #71
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Snyder should fire Bruce Allen....and then relieve Jay Gruden of his duties....promote Doug Williams to team president and give Kyle Smith the official GM title....then make Bill Callahan or Ray Horton the interim head coach.....
Old 09-30-2019, 01:12 AM   #72
Luxorreb
^21^

Yes yes yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by defensewins View Post
dan snyder,
it is time for new leadership. Someone qualified. Someone that is not afraid to say no to you. You are rich and a successful bussinessman. That does not make you qualified to run an nfl front office. Hire a professional. Someone like charlie casserly. Not because he is great or my favorite choice. But he is one of the few experienced candidates that would take this job and that has done it before. Anybody like casserly would be an improvement over ba.
https://redskinswire.usatoday.com/20...cord-redskins/
Old 09-30-2019, 06:53 AM   #73
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
No it doesn't. No guarantees that anyone is getting fired this year. And the more i think about it, i'm not so sure that we are "guaranteed" Gruden is fired after the season.

We know Allen isn't going anywhere. As many folks have mentioned, Dan and Bruce are well aware of the fact that no one wants to come work for them. I think right now there still stands a good chance of Jay coming back next season (He is already under contract, i believe), with a new DC and new staff that has been picked for him.

It is also possible this season that playcalling is taken away from Jay, but i'd say only a 50/50 chance of that at this point...

The worse has not happened yet. Basically we are guaranteed a loss next week, and the calls for the firings and everything are going to be at their loudest once we go 0-5 next Sunday...
Old 09-30-2019, 07:09 AM   #74
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The key thing with GM position, it MUST work in unison with the new coach. We need everyone on the same page for once.

Not Bruce trading for MCNabb when Shanny didn’t want McNabb. Not Bruce trading and extending Alex Smith, when it was a poor fit for Gruden’s scheme. This shit pisses me off so fucking much.
Great point. This is the Skins biggest problem. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. The GM and head coach do need to work in unison but really the GM needs to work for the HC because its the HC who knows the system and culture and what kind of players he needs the GM to find to make it all work.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 08:32 AM   #75
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
apparently not.