Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Derrius Guice’s ACL tear is latest example of the injury bug devouring the Redskins. Again. And again.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-13-2018, 10:37 AM   #16
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Derrius Guice’s ACL tear is latest example of the injury bug devouring the Redskins. Again. And again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Oh....I want to highlight something Jay Gruden said yesterday....he stated he and staff had been impressed by Byron Marshall and said he may get more 1st team reps at RB.

I want this shit to happen today. Im on the eff Rob Kelly and Perine train right now. They are not getting it done.
I just think the way the league is now you need your backs to be threats out of the backfield. When those two are in the game we become more predictable.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-13-2018, 11:22 AM   #17
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Re: Derrius Guice’s ACL tear is latest example of the injury bug devouring the Redskins. Again. And again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
If we are consistently among the teams who are hurt most by injuries, year after year, shouldn't somebody at Redskins Park be trying to find out why and fix it? The frequency of some types of injuries can be reduced. The attitude of "Shit happens; next man up!" just doesn't get it, IMO.
They spent millions of dollars trying to fix that by building new facilities, getting new training staff, etc. . . . what is the answer?
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 11:53 AM   #18
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
They spent millions of dollars trying to fix that by building new facilities, getting new training staff, etc. . . . what is the answer?
Not my job to find that answer. They need to do that.
KI Skins Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:00 PM   #19
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
How do you fix a rb getting tackled, falls down funny and rips his knee? How do you fix Jordan Reed being as durable as a wine glass?
They knew that Reed was often hurt in college when the drafted him. Perhaps they should have drafted somebody else in that spot. I'm talking here about a team policy designed to reduce the number of games lost to injuries and not specifically about Reed.
KI Skins Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:03 PM   #20
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I just think the way the league is now you need your backs to be threats out of the backfield. When those two are in the game we become more predictable.
Perine and Kelly are too similar of players...At this point Id keep one of these two....Byron Marshall as the #2 with CT as the 3rd down back.

Right now CT is still coming off injury and has yet to mentally be over this type of injury.

Marshall needs more of an opportunity because last year he produced when given the opportunity. Plus that score Thursday was a bigly move...you produce you should get more opportunity. Obviously, Guice balled out Thursday as well.

Look at Perine Thursday...big fumble around the red zone....Rob Kelly (Ryan Grant 2.0) moves as fast as a trash can. You cant produce, you shouldn't get opportunities.
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:40 PM   #21
MTK
\m/

It wasn't ruled a fumble though right?

For all the griping people do about Perine's fumbling he was credited with 2 last year on 197 total touches.

I think we'll keep all 4 backs with one of them inactive on game days.
Old 08-13-2018, 01:46 PM   #22
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
It wasn't ruled a fumble though right?

For all the griping people do about Perine's fumbling he was credited with 2 last year on 197 total touches.

I think we'll keep all 4 backs with one of them inactive on game days.
I don’t think that matters to coaches because it was a fumble but whistle had blown. You are probably right....but I would look at waiver wire with the intent to bring in a cut back. Watching the Detroit situation closely.
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 05:26 PM   #23
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I thought I'd be less depressed by now. Nope, still depressed as fuck. Going from Guice to hoping unproven Marshall gets more 1st team reps. FML. And that's not trying to knock Marshall. Best of luck to him, but shit man.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 05:27 PM   #24
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I'm just expecting our run game to be shit again. Prep for the worst, hope for the best.

2018 Alex, please be 2017 Alex.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:38 PM   #25
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Old 08-13-2018, 05:54 PM   #26
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quite a bit of gnashing of teeth going on. Listen, I'm disheartened that we've lost a potentially, dynamic running back before the season even started. So, I can only imagine how Guice himself feels about having his season ending before it had truly gotten started.

But, I felt, and still do feel, this season will be determined by our defensive line (and, particularly, our defense in general) and what Alex Smith brings to the table. I did feel Guice would've been what the doctor ordered for our offense and Smith, but he's no longer in the cards for the upcoming season. We'll have to lean more on Smith, and go running back by committee and see who comes forward.

Back to the defense. I think barring any signficant injuries, then this will be the group that will do their share of carrying the load. Our defensive line has enormous potential, and should be the catalyst to one of the better defenses in the league this season.

If we can keep the d-line (as, well as the offensive line) in tact, then I think we're gonna be tough to reckon with. I felt this way before Guice's season-ending injury.

Just relax, my fellow fans.

Last edited by PorkSkins; 08-13-2018 at 06:19 PM.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 06:05 PM   #27
MTK
\m/

A healthy Reed will go a long way too. So far he’s been looking great in camp.
Old 08-13-2018, 06:30 PM   #28
rocnrik
Playmaker

I read somewhere that Guice had a knee issue last year at LSU ... and that was more of why he slipped in the draft than attitude issue..if so then that says a lot about the teams lack of looking into the health of who they are drafting..it sucks we lose a bright spot early.
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:32 PM   #29
Randall Nestor
Special Teams

I think the skins need to look at another rb in next years draft if things go as they did last year.
Randall Nestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:58 PM   #30
MTK
\m/

No reason why he shouldn’t be 100% this time next year