Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

I wish we hired Gregg Williams as our coach.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-05-2009, 11:56 AM   #31
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Re: I wish we hired Gregg Williams as our coach.

I thought Cerratto was the one who didn't want Williams
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-05-2009, 12:22 PM   #32
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I thought Cerratto was the one who didn't want Williams
Hey cowboys fan!! Well he might or might not have been liked by Cerrato but Snyder makes the decision. I just see Williams as someone who is strong willed and not passive and that is something that probably would and had caused him to bump heads with upper mgmt. He was brash and blunt. Didn't bite his tongue and DS wants someone who will speak when spoken to and not give their opinion on FO matters. Tht's probably why he didn't work. Danny had promised him th eposition if Gibbs didn't work out or that he woudl atleast take him into serious consideration. But he didn't thus we are where we are. Blache needs to tune down his ego which he did the past week and go back to what works and stop thinking he is a defensive genius. Disguise blitzes, bring more of them and use your personnel better, which he did last game.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company

Last edited by dmvskinzfan08; 10-05-2009 at 01:08 PM.
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:58 PM   #33
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvskinzfan08 View Post
Hey cowboys fan!! Well he might or might not have liked Cerrato but Snyder makes the decision. I just see Williams as someone who is strong willed and not passive and that is something that probably would and had caused him to bump heads with upper mgmt. He was brash and blunt. Didn't bite his tongue and DS wants someone who will speak when spoken to and not give their opinion on FO matters. Tht's probably why he didn't work. Danny had promised him th eposition if Gibbs didn't work out or that he woudl atleast take him into serious consideration. But he didn't thus we are where we are. Blache needs to tune down his ego which he did the past week and go back to what works and stop thinking he is a defensive genius. Disguise blitzes, bring more of them and use your personnel better, which he did last game.
Nice. :FIREdevil
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:25 PM   #34
JLee9718
Impact Rookie

With Greg Williams as coach, I had to sit back and watch LeVar Arrington being put down week after week because he was hurt. When he got well, he wasn't put back on the field to help our defense...He was held back by Blatche and Williams. So I could never accept Williams as the head coach. Jim Harbaugh will make a good coach in the NFL, if he is willing to accept a job somewhere.
JLee9718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:46 PM   #35
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter-Tre View Post
I know it's not healthy or productive to look back but I must confess, I loved that dead-eyed bastard. Seeing him kick ass with the Saints is filling me with regret and a lot of "what-ifs". Okay, I'm ready for my flaming.

Some may desire to resurrect the image of G. Williams now that he's having some success in NO, he was in Jacksonville prior and didn't fare so well.

Many of us (me included) were on board for Williams at the time but it didn't work out and we've moved on. At this point in time I really can't say we're any worse off for not staying with him.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:54 PM   #36
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee9718 View Post
With Greg Williams as coach, I had to sit back and watch LeVar Arrington being put down week after week because he was hurt. When he got well, he wasn't put back on the field to help our defense...He was held back by Blatche and Williams. So I could never accept Williams as the head coach. Jim Harbaugh will make a good coach in the NFL, if he is willing to accept a job somewhere.
I used tolove Lavar. But let me tell you why he pissed some people off. You dont get injured and not play for almost 2 years then demand money. That was idiotic. But as far as heart and being a player he was a beast. He didn't fair that well when he went to NY and the truth is I dont think he was the same after his injury and our trainers probably didn't want to rush im back until he was completely ready. Almost the same situation with Gilbert Arenas. I hate to use him as an example because he is a b-ball player but it applies. He over did his comeback. Came back and got hurt. Then he rehabbed his knee again and came back and told the coaches he was ready to play. Then he gets a big ass contract. When he hasn't played in like 2 yrs. Then tries to put the team and coaches on frotn streeet saying they shoudl ahve saved him from himself. He forced the issue that he was ready but they were to blame for listening to him. Now he has a big ass contract and still disrespects the team. This is almost the sme situation to Lavar. But Lavar didn't get that money like Gil did and I think that was a good decision. You dont reward a player who has been out for two years and was hurt.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:14 PM   #37
redsk1
The Starter

Yes, I too wanted GW as our new coach. Our D was most likely top 5 in the NFL in his 4 year tenure here. They were quite the D. Not alot of takeaway, but they didn't give up pts and that's what matters.

Why not give him a chance? Because we had a Jim Zorn waiting? I guess if they all hated each other that's reason enough. Seems like alot of people hate VC and Danny lately. Too bad, we'll never know.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:52 PM   #38
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

I remember seeing GW being interviewed right after he got fired saying something like "Well, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm back here one day"...basically leaving the door open for him returning in the near future..
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:25 PM   #39
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

I wanted Greg Williams. I also want another SB win. You can shit in one hand and want in the other, and see which one fills up faster.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:01 AM   #40
skinsfan0201
Special Teams

I one-millionth that! Always was the first pick in the mind of the players and coaches to suceed Joe Gibbs. And Greg also got screwed over by the management! That much was obvious.

Last edited by skinsfan0201; 10-09-2009 at 01:10 AM. Reason: add extra lines
skinsfan0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:07 PM   #41
JLee9718
Impact Rookie

Gregg Williams would not have made a difference with this personnel. He might have made the defense better though. I hate the Iggles, I hate the Cowboys, and I hate the Giants, but it looks like that's going to be 6 losses and none of them can be blamed on Zorn or Jason Campbell.
JLee9718 is offline   Reply With Quote