Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Bucs Postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Who gets your game ball for the Skins 16-3 win over the Bucs?
J. Norman 5 23.81%
P. Smith 0 0%
R. Anderson 4 19.05%
G. Stroman 2 9.52%
A. Peterson 1 4.76%
T. Way 7 33.33%
other 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2018, 08:18 PM   #46
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Why isn’t it sustainable? A good defense goes a long way.
If the Bucs don't miss a couple field goals or convert once inside the red zone, we could be looking at a different game today.

Last week we saw what happens when an offense completes drives, the results aren't close.

Have we made progress as a D? Abso-fuckin-lutely. Is there still a long way to go? Abso-fucking-lutely. The run d was not that impressive today, the pass d was even worse. The depth has to get better to the point where a guy like Danny Johnson gets cut out of training camp, instead of actually making the roster let alone playing on game days.

Our offense has clearly regressed, and who knows how much worse it'd be if AP hadn't signed. Could you imagine Perine or Bibbs being our starting backs this year? No offense to Bibbs, but he still ain't much compared to old man Peterson.

Also our FO clearly failed at replacing Garcon and Jackson. As they failed at having interior depth on the o-line (no, one winning game does not mean the plan worked).

Finally, ask yourself this: Would you rather this be a 2005 type year, aka a single good season in the midst of years of losing, or would you rather see this team build a roster that competes for championships every year?

The defense is good. Still has room to be great. That's all we got right now. Last year the offense was good, now it has regressed (partly through injury, partly through losing talent).
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-11-2018, 08:27 PM   #47
MTK
\m/

Bucs Postgame

Taking a page from Schneed TLDR...

6-3 is all I’m looking at right now
Old 11-11-2018, 08:31 PM   #48
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzorz View Post
Norman is right, but I don’t think he completely understands the PTSD Redskins fans have from the past 25 years

Fans need to grow a pair and get behind their team
Old 11-11-2018, 08:33 PM   #49
Skinzorz
Special Teams

Quote:
Fans need to grow a pair and get behind their team

I think we are all behind our team, I just think we are quick to get dejected.
Skinzorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:34 PM   #50
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Not unless you're gonna start repeating what he is saying week later.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2018, 08:37 PM   #51
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Alex "Ten Win" Smith on pace for shockingly 10/11 wins.
10-6 is a very good season for this roster
Old 11-11-2018, 08:37 PM   #52
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinzorz View Post
I think we are all behind our team, I just think we are quick to get dejected.

As we’ve seen this year this team bounces back even after a crushing loss. So maybe it’s time for fans to rinse the sand from their pussies and toughen up a bit.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:37 PM   #53
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I think a lot of armchair analysts/GMs don't like that the team is winning, despite the shortcomings the love to point out every week.

Almost all teams in the league have strengths and weakness, and every time a team's strength is neutralized, they are going to lose. I don't know what's so f*cking hard to understand about that.

The team is 6-3, despite a lot of setbacks. And that's all that matters. If you have a problem with that, then don't let the door hit you on your way out. HTTR.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:45 PM   #54
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I think a lot of armchair analysts/GMs don't like that the team is winning, despite the shortcomings the love to point out every week.

Almost all teams in the league have strengths and weakness, and every time a team's strength is neutralized, they are going to lose. I don't know what's so f*cking hard to understand about that.

The team is 6-3, despite a lot of setbacks. And that's all that matters. If you have a problem with that, then don't let the door hit you on your way out. HTTR.
Rams are 9-1 but have a terrible D, they give up 30 a week. Saints and Pats are the only 2 teams that have both sides playing well all yr.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:48 PM   #55
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
He's played better this yr all around. He's just not a great pass rusher.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
He’s a disappointment. Having a 10 + sack pass rusher at his spot would make the defense elite. I would pass on an extension and look for a pass rusher with our first round pick at his spot.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:52 PM   #56
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

6-3 is all I’m looking at right now
I'm enjoying it while it lasts. Because I don't think it's gonna last. Happy to be wrong on this one though. Maybe it's just the Caps/Nats fan in me, but watching terrible teams turn it around and build a winning program over a multi-year span which allows them to be contenders every year (culminating in finally getting over the hump with the Caps this year) made me realize championship trophies are worth the wait. But if you're regressing at the same time you're progressing, it doesn't seem realistic.

Like I said enjoying the ride, because this sweetheart fairy tale doesn't have a happy ending. A team stacked on offense is going to clean our clocks if we somehow manage to make the playoffs/win the division.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:59 PM   #57
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
10-6 is a very good season for this roster
I was saying that as a compliment. Hell yeah, I'll take 10 wins.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:08 PM   #58
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm enjoying it while it lasts. Because I don't think it's gonna last. Happy to be wrong on this one though. Maybe it's just the Caps/Nats fan in me, but watching terrible teams turn it around and build a winning program over a multi-year span which allows them to be contenders every year (culminating in finally getting over the hump with the Caps this year) made me realize championship trophies are worth the wait. But if you're regressing at the same time you're progressing, it doesn't seem realistic.

Like I said enjoying the ride, because this sweetheart fairy tale doesn't have a happy ending. A team stacked on offense is going to clean our clocks if we somehow manage to make the playoffs/win the division.
So you'd rather the team lose instead? What's so terrible about potentially having a winning season and a playoff berth, and be able to build off that? Especially being able to do that despite having so many people injured on the offensive side?
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:09 PM   #59
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
He’s a disappointment. Having a 10 + sack pass rusher at his spot would make the defense elite. I would pass on an extension and look for a pass rusher with our first round pick at his spot.
I don't think they'll keep him, especially with Anderson playing better. Smith will get a good deal elsewhere and we need to spend that $ on LG and WR

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2018, 09:11 PM   #60
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
If the Bucs don't miss a couple field goals or convert once inside the red zone, we could be looking at a different game today.

Last week we saw what happens when an offense completes drives, the results aren't close.

Have we made progress as a D? Abso-fuckin-lutely. Is there still a long way to go? Abso-fucking-lutely. The run d was not that impressive today, the pass d was even worse. The depth has to get better to the point where a guy like Danny Johnson gets cut out of training camp, instead of actually making the roster let alone playing on game days.

Our offense has clearly regressed, and who knows how much worse it'd be if AP hadn't signed. Could you imagine Perine or Bibbs being our starting backs this year? No offense to Bibbs, but he still ain't much compared to old man Peterson.

Also our FO clearly failed at replacing Garcon and Jackson. As they failed at having interior depth on the o-line (no, one winning game does not mean the plan worked).

Finally, ask yourself this: Would you rather this be a 2005 type year, aka a single good season in the midst of years of losing, or would you rather see this team build a roster that competes for championships every year?

The defense is good. Still has room to be great. That's all we got right now. Last year the offense was good, now it has regressed (partly through injury, partly through losing talent).

I think they showed the stat that only like three other times in recent or not so recent history has a team been held to so little points with over 500 yards. In other words usually that over 500 yards from the opposing offense gets you a big fat L. Yes we absolutely made a couple nice plays to get the turnover but it was absolutely not a good showing by the D as far as the coming weeks are concerned. Between the last two weeks we have been absolutely gashed.
How many times have all the people crying about being negative after a win today said “man we beat ourselves today - we should have won - we were the better team - that other team couldn’t stop us we stopped ourselves? Well it works both ways. Today the Bucs beat the Bucs and we just happened to be there. As always let’s see what the future holds. Im not drinking the kool aid yet. Not until there are more tests run on its toxicity.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote