Haskins fined $40k and has captain status removed

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-24-2020, 09:05 AM   #46
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Haskins fined $40k and has captain status removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Up early and one of those schmucks hunched over my keyboard working this morning...listening to Sheehan show, Thom Loverro on and proposed something that I thought about yesterday but didn’t want to bring up

Did Dan interfere with Ron if the plan was to cut Haskins? I’d say probably not as I believe Ron has garnered even more control over football decisions with the team fighting for the division crown.
I just saw your post. I think it is completely possible.

Like i said, Rivera is supposed to be this high-quality, strict, high morale guy, and Haskins is essentially the antithesis of all of that. How can Dwayne get away with so much here in his short career unless Dan has over-ruled Ron on decisions about Haskins?

Advertisements
Old 12-24-2020, 09:16 AM   #47
Summo
The Bringer of Digital Bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Agree with you 100%. Ron should have been hard on him for this. And principles should go above winning. Ron just showed you how he really feels.

For all the talk about how he is this great, high-character coach who is strict and sets a standard, i haven't seen it here.

Ron lost me as a supporter with him basically giving Dwayne a slap on the wrist (again). So over him. I'm sorry he had cancer and I'm glad he is doing better, but he is just on his way to being another issue here in a long line of them.

It doesn't matter coach wise or player wise, because the real problem here is and will always be SNYDER. Until Snyder is gone, nothing is going to change here.
I respectfully disagree. It has been 100% apparent that the culture of the team (ON field) has changed for the better. This team was much like the Cowboys this year for the better part of the last decade look good for a few weeks and then sleepwalk through the rest of the season)

I don't believe any bullshit coming from the media, they make their money on it. I believe that he will cut Haskins during the offseason and IMO with this Defense they need a Trent Dilfer, a game manager that wont throw three INTS in a game. Alex Smith has proven to be that guy if he comes back and can stay healthy.

Visit my Socials: Twitter: @summo13 IGram:@summo13art
Summo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 09:33 AM   #48
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I know Ron will cut Haskins soon in the offseason

I think Both Kyle Allen and Alex will be on the roster, but I strongly think Ron and Scott want a young, mobile QB to develop.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 09:36 AM   #49
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summo View Post
I respectfully disagree. It has been 100% apparent that the culture of the team (ON field) has changed for the better. This team was much like the Cowboys this year for the better part of the last decade look good for a few weeks and then sleepwalk through the rest of the season)

I don't believe any bullshit coming from the media, they make their money on it. I believe that he will cut Haskins during the offseason and IMO with this Defense they need a Trent Dilfer, a game manager that wont throw three INTS in a game. Alex Smith has proven to be that guy if he comes back and can stay healthy.
I just feel like Haskins should not have gotten away with it.

I'm so glad that there was no outbreak caused by what he did, but Rivera or anybody's life could have been endangered.

I realize that his final punishment will probably be getting cut next year, but it seems like he isn't getting punished RIGHT NOW, and that is the issue that I have.
Old 12-24-2020, 09:42 AM   #50
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Can the team strip him of #7 and force him to wear #0?

It's popular in college this year all of a sudden. Every team has a #0 now. Never saw it before this year, they must have opened it up with a new rule.

Some teams even use it was a weekly award, but in Dwayne's case, it's the only number he should be allowed to wear.
Just turn the seven upside down to make it an "L" for looser. When he puts it on game day just have the equipment guys say "OPS".
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 10:32 AM   #51
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

I'm so glad that there was no outbreak caused by what he did, but Rivera or anybody's life could have been endangered.

I realize that his final punishment will probably be getting cut next year, but it seems like he isn't getting punished RIGHT NOW, and that is the issue that I have.
Or, they handled it internally and professionally instead of in the media - something us fans have been wanting throughout the DS, VC and BA years.

Cutting him right now would have caused a larger media circus and distraction.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 10:38 AM   #52
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:

Meh. I did think Haskins was punished RIGHT NOW. The punishment may not have been to your liking, but he was punished, nonetheless.

Whether it's right, wrong, or one feels indifferent about it, we still may have to count on Haskins at some point this season, so keep him on the roster and keep him active on game days.

I surmise you wanted him released or suspended for a game or more. Frankly, we're not in that position to do neither one at the moment.

You may get your wish in the offseason.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 11:36 AM   #53
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I know he said he didn't go to a strip club but this is still hilarious.
Old 12-24-2020, 01:04 PM   #54
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://kingdomofpride.com/

Free shipping on all orders over $75
His website is a lot better than his decision making.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 05:53 PM   #55
Burgold
Special Teams

Get him outta here, right after the season, I never liked the fact that he wears No.7.
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 05:56 PM   #56
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I just saw your post. I think it is completely possible.

Like i said, Rivera is supposed to be this high-quality, strict, high morale guy, and Haskins is essentially the antithesis of all of that. How can Dwayne get away with so much here in his short career unless Dan has over-ruled Ron on decisions about Haskins?
I don't think Dan overruled anything. If the team wasn't in the midst of a playoff run, and if there were another healthy QB on the roster that RR felt confident could go out and compete at a level the rest of the team deserves this week, MAYBE the punishment would have been more. I'm not so sure though.

I think the punishment for the crime (violating the Covid protocols) was in line with or more stiff than punishments other players have received for the same crime. It feels more egregious here because of the circumstances of the QB situation, and with RR's cancer battle this year, but I've looked around and can't find anyone who was fined more $$ or who lost their captain status. If what occurred happened in his hotel suite, and not a strip club as was reported in the beginning, then to me it's not as bad as what some other players have done this year. It was his second offense, but the more I marinate over this, I think the punishment was just about right.

Either way, I think it was a lose-lose situation for RR. I'm confident he did what he thought was in the best interest of Dwayne and the organization. We'll just have to see how he and the team responds this week. My belief is they are going to come out with an intensity we yet to see this year, put their foot on the Panther's necks, and keep it there for 60 minutes.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 06:14 PM   #57
Ohioskins
Special Teams

Would be nice to wrap up the NFC East title this weekend.
Ohioskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 06:53 PM   #58
skinsnut
Playmaker

The kid makes moronic decisions. I think he likely is prone ti depression and has low self esteem yhat he tries to prop up by external factors. Watch his body language. He gets way too low too easily. This is a mental thing. He wants to be accepted and cool and not feel like crap. He is frankly still growing up. Not ready for real life. Too bad we dont have 5 years and a shrink to develop him. I also hate gis mechanics, but if course that can be fixed. Is he a slow proccessor? Not according ti diagnosing defenses during intervirws prior to the draft unless the disguising of nfl defenses is still too tough on him. This kid needs a strong mentor and a lot of patience.
Old 12-25-2020, 11:02 PM   #59
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
His website is a lot better than his decision making.
That’s bc someone else made the website. Haskins isn’t doing squat with that site except putting his name on it. Too busy throwing singles at 3’s in his hotel room. And I bet you that merch is in the red. Nobody is buying that crap.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 10:10 PM   #60
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Cut him in the offseason and you still have to pay him the guaranteed salary. So on the books in 2021 he'll have a $4.0M cap number. Cut him and the cap number goes up to $8.5M.

Worth it. I'd eat $4.5M to get this shithead out of the locker room. I don't think I've hated a Redskin player so much since Haynesworth.
Yep. Good riddance.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote