NFC East Champs

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-04-2021, 04:24 PM   #151
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: NFC East Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Washington didn't piss off the Giants,.............the Eagles HC did.
Funny seeing all the Giants players, past and present, all up in arms about what transpired last night. I don't see any of them up in arms about only winning six games though. They win seven and they are in...but they didn't so they get to watch the playoffs from their couch.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-04-2021, 04:25 PM   #152
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Yeah and I still don't see why they were surprised... If I was the Eagles I'd tank too. 6th overall pick or 11th? Makes a big difference TBH
Not a good look for the Eagles , , there is talk of taking their #1 pick as a punishment. You can't say your #1 priority is winning and then pull your QB to see if the #3 guy is any good in a regular season game.
Old 01-04-2021, 04:26 PM   #153
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I think Alex has to start if he thinks he can go and he's cleared. I am worried that he's going to get killed though. He cannot move out of the pocket, and when he tries he falls down.
Old 01-04-2021, 04:26 PM   #154
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Funny seeing all the Giants players, past and present, all up in arms about what transpired last night. I don't see any of them up in arms about only winning six games though. They win seven and they are in...but they didn't so they get to watch the playoffs from their couch.
Yeah, really poor form by those players. They should be embarrassed.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 04:29 PM   #155
MTK
\m/

Imagine being mad when you go 6-10 and need help to get in LOL

F off Giants seriously just F off
Old 01-04-2021, 04:30 PM   #156
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Not true a few have said it. Actually my argument if they had just made a single play in three different games they would be 9-7 . No one is saying that the Giants didn't need to take care of their own business , what people are saying that now with gambling it cheapens the Washington's team win and gives a black eye to the NFL . Win Sat and it's forgotten.
Old 01-04-2021, 04:31 PM   #157
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Imagine being mad when you go 6-10 and need help to get in LOL

F off Giants seriously just F off
LOL, spin how ever you want . The Eagles are in trouble becuase of their Coach.
Old 01-04-2021, 04:33 PM   #158
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Not a good look for the Eagles , , there is talk of taking their #1 pick as a punishment. You can't say your #1 priority is winning and then pull your QB to see if the #3 guy is any good in a regular season game.
He was their only threat last night, and it was obvious. You are right, it was not a good look. Had they started Sudfeld, that would be one thing...but they benched the only guy that gave the team a chance to win. Not that they would have, but he was their chance.

However, as has been discussed on this board already, and while it wasn't exactly the same scenario, the Steelers left their starting QB and their best defensive player back in Pittsburgh. If they had beaten the Browns, the Dolphins would have been in the playoffs instead of the Browns. I watched every single NFL show since last night and no one is talking about that.

Unfortunately, in week 17, teams who are playing each other often have different priorities, and that is what it boiled down to. I see no way in hell the NFL takes a draft pick. The league doesn't get to tell the coaches and owners who plays and when.
Old 01-04-2021, 04:34 PM   #159
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number44 View Post
Yeah, really poor form by those players. They should be embarrassed.
LOL, I'm sure not one Washington player would say a word. LOL
Old 01-04-2021, 04:34 PM   #160
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
you can’t start Heniken...

Alex has earned it and the team has rallied around him and he has inspired the team to give it their all.

Absolutely no way you sit Alex. Culture folks.

I do think if Alex gets behind and also struggles then it’s appropriate to bring in the Amsterdam Pilsner
Chico is that you? Sounding rational.

You can't sit Alex Smith down when he's the QB that made it possible to get here. Heinecke is a guarantee to give up 3 sack fumbles to the Bucs. Alex will either ditch the ball or just take the sack, he won't fumble it.

But more than anything Ron's mission is to build a winning culture so we can become a sustainable contending team. You can't do that by playing an undrafted rookie unless Alex Smith's leg falls off.
Old 01-04-2021, 04:35 PM   #161
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Not true a few have said it. Actually my argument if they had just made a single play in three different games they would be 9-7 . No one is saying that the Giants didn't need to take care of their own business , what people are saying that now with gambling it cheapens the Washington's team win and gives a black eye to the NFL . Win Sat and it's forgotten.
Ok, we can all play that game. If WFT makes a single play in three different games they would be 10-6 - including both games against the Giants.

It will be forgotten on Sunday no matter what.
Old 01-04-2021, 04:37 PM   #162
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
He was their only threat last night, and it was obvious. You are right, it was not a good look. Had they started Sudfeld, that would be one thing...but they benched the only guy that gave the team a chance to win. Not that they would have, but he was their chance.

However, as has been discussed on this board already, and while it wasn't exactly the same scenario, the Steelers left their starting QB and their best defensive player back in Pittsburgh. If they had beaten the Browns, the Dolphins would have been in the playoffs instead of the Browns. I watched every single NFL show since last night and no one is talking about that.

Unfortunately, in week 17, teams who are playing each other often have different priorities, and that is what it boiled down to. I see no way in hell the NFL takes a draft pick. The league doesn't get to tell the coaches and owners who plays and when.
Not even close , teams already clinching a playoff berth have always rested players . To say you #1 priority is winning and not go for the tying field goal or sit your best QB for a third rounder makes you guys and the Eagle players look bad. I think Peterson is toast after tomorrow.
Old 01-04-2021, 04:38 PM   #163
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Ok, we can all play that game. If WFT makes a single play in three different games they would be 10-6 - including both games against the Giants.

It will be forgotten on Sunday no matter what.
...........exactly.
Old 01-04-2021, 04:47 PM   #164
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:
No there isn't. That is just whiny Giants fans crying as usual. Week 17 has those type of decisions every year. Every year. No exceptions. Thing is, most fans know and accept it, like the Dolphins fans this year. And they actually had a good team. Giants fans? They have no clue.

And, frankly, removing an ineffective QB midway through the 4th quarter happens all the time, not just week 17. Giants fans whining that Hurts was having a good day doesn't make it true. He was having a miserable day. QBR of 45. Generated nothing in the 2nd half. JDR made adjustments to account for his occasional successful scramble and stopped him cold after halftime. Bigger surprise to me, TBH, was that they played Hurts at all, especially in bad weather.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 05:02 PM   #165
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number44 View Post
No there isn't. That is just whiny Giants fans crying as usual. Week 17 has those type of decisions every year. Every year. No exceptions. Thing is, most fans know and accept it, like the Dolphins fans this year. And they actually had a good team. Giants fans? They have no clue.

And, frankly, removing an ineffective QB midway through the 4th quarter happens all the time, not just week 17. Giants fans whining that Hurts was having a good day doesn't make it true. He was having a miserable day. QBR of 45. Generated nothing in the 2nd half. JDR made adjustments to account for his occasional successful scramble and stopped him cold after halftime. Bigger surprise to me, TBH, was that they played Hurts at all, especially in bad weather.
Yes , there is.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/04/ph...not-acceptable

HOME
NFL

The NFL Should Punish the Eagles For Their Shameful Display in Week 17
The Eagles seemingly had no interest in winning on Sunday, and the NFL should let teams know that isn't acceptable.
CONOR ORR16 HOURS AGO

The Eagles’ organizational plan to tank their final game for a better draft pick was somewhat obvious from the moment they put out their inactives list and healthy-scratched some of the veterans who could have helped them win their final game of the season.

It was slightly more evident when they rolled Jalen Hurts out on a fourth-and-four against one of the best defenses in football to try and score, in lieu of kicking a game-tying field goal with two minutes to play in the third quarter (yes, we know the math favored going for it, though one could make a sober, clear-headed argument for sensibly taking the points).

But the moment Doug Pederson pulled a seemingly healthy, effective Jalen Hurts from the football game after watching him successfully navigate one of the most aggressive defensive lines in the league (he had a poor passer rating but had two rushing touchdowns to cap long scoring drives), only to insert usual third-stringer Nate Sudfeld, the nakedly brazen maneuver quickly changed tenor from cheeky to macabre. In one minute, it went from something the NFL could laugh off and explain away through its media-sympathetic minions lacking the ability to filter critical information to something they should investigate and penalize.

......and from the Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...erson-tanking/