Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


The Sam Howell Thread

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2022, 09:46 AM   #31
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 50
Posts: 98,214
Re: The Sam Howell Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Well you are calling some people morons.
oops
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-19-2022, 09:47 AM   #32
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 50
Posts: 98,214
Re: The Sam Howell Thread

I actually think the offense may function a little better under TH, he's better at extending plays and playing off script, but in the end the results are going to be pretty much the same.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 10:36 AM   #33
EdmundDorf
The Starter
 
EdmundDorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK, South
Posts: 1,171
Re: The Sam Howell Thread

With the same guy calling plays and the same OL I don't expect a massive improvement.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 07:37 PM   #34
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 4,369
Re: The Sam Howell Thread

GB can be beat, but I'm not expecting much for most of the same reasons, not to mention the timing is bound to be way off as it has been Wentz going with the 1s for six weeks now.

They are going to have to run the ball well, hope TH can make some things happen with his legs, and also hope he doesn't give the ball away.

Need the D-line to come up big too.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 08:35 PM   #35
PorkSkins
Playmaker
 
PorkSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,831
Re: The Sam Howell Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
GB can be beat, but I'm not expecting much for most of the same reasons, not to mention the timing is bound to be way off as it has been Wentz going with the 1s for six weeks now.

They are going to have to run the ball well, hope TH can make some things happen with his legs, and also hope he doesn't give the ball away.

Need the D-line to come up big too.
I'd go with a good dose of RPO being Heinicke can better use his legs than Wentz.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 08:55 PM   #36
sdskinsfan2001
Hakuna Matata
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Age: 39
Posts: 15,592
Re: The Sam Howell Thread

I think we can definitely go 2-4 in our next 6 with Heinicke. Frankly, you should be able to go 2-4 with any functioning QB. But I definitely don't think we can go 4-2 with him.

All that being said, I'll prove myself a liar, and be out at a bar watching this Rodgers vs. Heinicke showdown.

I hate how much I still care about this team. Snyder is an evil piece of shit and I should want him to lose every game, but I don't. I want to beat manbunboy's ass.
__________________
https://linktr.ee/summo13

Acts 16:31: Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 11:00 PM   #37
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 4,369
Re: The Sam Howell Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkSkins View Post
I'd go with a good dose of RPO being Heinicke can better use his legs than Wentz.
I don't think they will do a lot of intentional QB runs. I'm all for Heinicke taking his yards when the opportunity arises, but I don't really want to see him get blown up on a RPO and have to go to Howell - who apparently isn't ready... Before you know it we'll have J Fromm under center with this O-line.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 08:01 PM   #38
PorkSkins
Playmaker
 
PorkSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,831
Re: The Sam Howell Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I don't think they will do a lot of intentional QB runs. I'm all for Heinicke taking his yards when the opportunity arises, but I don't really want to see him get blown up on a RPO and have to go to Howell - who apparently isn't ready... Before you know it we'll have J Fromm under center with this O-line.
Heinicke is a threat to run, meaning he can hold the 'backers and safeties for a split second or two which can lead to open receivers on passing plays or open lanes on running plays.

I wouldn't exclusively go RPO, but I would use it "just enough."
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 08:10 PM   #39
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 4,369
Re: The Sam Howell Thread

If we had last year's offensive line maybe, but this year that split second or two can also lead to a sack/fumble.

Those LBs and Safeties will be in the box already anyway, because they won't expect him to throw it deeper than 15-20 yards too often.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 09:59 AM   #40
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 35
Posts: 33,960
Re: The Sam Howell Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I actually think the offense may function a little better under TH, he's better at extending plays and playing off script, but in the end the results are going to be pretty much the same.
He does but he is also very limited arm wise so it's a wash. It'll be 17 PPG regardless
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 1.15663 seconds with 12 queries