Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


AROUND THE NFL WEEK 7

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2022, 01:02 PM   #91
BaltimoreSkins
Playmaker
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 4,487
Re: AROUND THE NFL WEEK 7

Saying Bill isn't a HOF coach is just trolling in it's most simplistic form. He is a very good coach I am willing to bet you could give him LaFleur's team right now and they would be a 5-2 team.
__________________
Taylor goes prime time
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-26-2022, 01:08 PM   #92
Redskins247
Impact Rookie
 
Redskins247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 785
Re: AROUND THE NFL WEEK 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
If we arenít going to sign him long term, jump on this immediately
I agree Chico...they SHOULD know if they could possibly sign him long term if that is something they want to do...so if it's looking like a Scherff situation, take the 2nd. No one is going to give up a first for him.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 01:23 PM   #93
EdmundDorf
The Starter
 
EdmundDorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK, South
Posts: 1,171
Re: AROUND THE NFL WEEK 7

If they are still competing this year it may make sense and be better value to flip Payne for a good young G or CB, in a buyers market it is harder to get draft picks these days. It depends if there are any available on teams needing a DT
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 01:54 PM   #94
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 16,193
Re: AROUND THE NFL WEEK 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Brady is 45 and has won a SB with TB. Belichick playoffs and one and out. Brady is still playing well despite his age and personal issues.
This
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 01:55 PM   #95
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 16,193
Re: AROUND THE NFL WEEK 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I've always hated the BB vs Brady argument.

Nobody wins anything on their own.
True - but nobody wins multiple SB's w/ out a great QB unless your name is Joe Gibbs.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 05:28 PM   #96
PorkSkins
Playmaker
 
PorkSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,831
Re: AROUND THE NFL WEEK 7

The Eagles are "all in" for this season as they've added Robert Quinn today via a trade with the Bears.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...e-robert-quinn
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 07:40 PM   #97
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 4,369
Re: AROUND THE NFL WEEK 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Brady is 45 and has won a SB with TB. Belichick playoffs and one and out. Brady is still playing well despite his age and personal issues.
Exactly. Belichick without Brady does not equal Brady without Belichick. While the two of them together produced arguably the greatest and longest tenured "dynasty", since they have been separated, it is fairly easy to decipher who was the most important part of that duo.

But Father Time is in the process of claiming his latest victim. It was inevitable.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 10:31 PM   #98
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 51
Posts: 20,092
AROUND THE NFL WEEK 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Exactly. Belichick without Brady does not equal Brady without Belichick. While the two of them together produced arguably the greatest and longest tenured "dynasty", since they have been separated, it is fairly easy to decipher who was the most important part of that duo.

But Father Time is in the process of claiming his latest victim. It was inevitable.


To me they are like a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup. BB still won 10 games with Mac Jones. Won 11 one year with Cassell.
Neither one was more important for the New England dynasty. Brady got that Superbowl with a great team, but that in no way discounts how important BBís defense was for every one of those championships. Put Brady on any other team and there is no way he wins 6 in that span. Not without BB. Mastermind with personnel, playcalling, schemes. Best ever. Thatís just my opinion to a question that nobody will ever actually be able to answer. Lol

Edit: id also mention BB won two Superbowls with the Giants. They donít win without him and that defense. No way. That is 8 for BB
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 11:20 PM   #99
SFREDSKIN
Gamebreaker
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 13,902
Re: AROUND THE NFL WEEK 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
To me they are like a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup. BB still won 10 games with Mac Jones. Won 11 one year with Cassell.
Neither one was more important for the New England dynasty. Brady got that Superbowl with a great team, but that in no way discounts how important BBís defense was for every one of those championships. Put Brady on any other team and there is no way he wins 6 in that span. Not without BB. Mastermind with personnel, playcalling, schemes. Best ever. Thatís just my opinion to a question that nobody will ever actually be able to answer. Lol

Edit: id also mention BB won two Superbowls with the Giants. They donít win without him and that defense. No way. That is 8 for BB
Put Brady with Gibbs 80ís, 90ís teams 10 SBís.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 10:49 AM   #100
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 33
Posts: 13,935
Re: AROUND THE NFL WEEK 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Exactly. Belichick without Brady does not equal Brady without Belichick. While the two of them together produced arguably the greatest and longest tenured "dynasty", since they have been separated, it is fairly easy to decipher who was the most important part of that duo.

But Father Time is in the process of claiming his latest victim. It was inevitable.
Brady is great and Bill is great but lets not act like the 2020 Bucs werent a completely stacked roster from head to toe
__________________
https://open.spotify.com/artist/1NG9zNxqMP8cYNP72QqUQT

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 11:16 AM   #101
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 4,369
Re: AROUND THE NFL WEEK 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Brady is great and Bill is great but lets not act like the 2020 Bucs werent a completely stacked roster from head to toe
I'm not acting like anything. The Bucs were fairly stacked, just like pretty much every SB winning team is/was, including the Patriots teams we are talking about.

And you are right, as are others, who have said that both Brady and BB are great. My point was that - in my opinion, Brady was the most important piece of that dynasty puzzle. If you want to put equal weight to them both, that's cool. I'm not going to argue that. Like Punch said, it's a question that nobody will ever actually be able to answer.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 11:52 AM   #102
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 33
Posts: 13,935
Re: AROUND THE NFL WEEK 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I'm not acting like anything. The Bucs were fairly stacked, just like pretty much every SB winning team is/was, including the Patriots teams we are talking about.

And you are right, as are others, who have said that both Brady and BB are great. My point was that - in my opinion, Brady was the most important piece of that dynasty puzzle. If you want to put equal weight to them both, that's cool. I'm not going to argue that. Like Punch said, it's a question that nobody will ever actually be able to answer.
The 2nd half of the dynasty (2011-2019) sure I give Brady being the more important of the two

The first half (2001-2009) Bill was definitely more important
__________________
https://open.spotify.com/artist/1NG9zNxqMP8cYNP72QqUQT

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 11:53 AM   #103
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 33
Posts: 13,935
Re: AROUND THE NFL WEEK 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I'm not acting like anything. The Bucs were fairly stacked, just like pretty much every SB winning team is/was, including the Patriots teams we are talking about.

And you are right, as are others, who have said that both Brady and BB are great. My point was that - in my opinion, Brady was the most important piece of that dynasty puzzle. If you want to put equal weight to them both, that's cool. I'm not going to argue that. Like Punch said, it's a question that nobody will ever actually be able to answer.
I dont think any of those Pats teams had a better roster top to bottom than the 2020 Bucs and I am including the 2007 16-0 team.
__________________
https://open.spotify.com/artist/1NG9zNxqMP8cYNP72QqUQT

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 12:38 PM   #104
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 4,369
Re: AROUND THE NFL WEEK 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I dont think any of those Pats teams had a better roster top to bottom than the 2020 Bucs and I am including the 2007 16-0 team.
It's all subjective. I mean Washington gave the 2020 Bucs a run for their money with Heinicke, and GB probably should have beat them.

Anyway, if you win the Super Bowl, chances are you had a fairly stacked team.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.10405 seconds with 12 queries