Commanders vs Iggles pre game thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-14-2022, 11:35 AM   #16
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Commanders vs Iggles pre game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
turner sucks, we wont blitz b/c if we do we'll be out schemed on screens, qb draws or quick throws when we do... we wont cover AJ brown sufficiently... turner sucks...

yea im not hopeful at ALL for this evening. Praying i am very wrong
When you have a bottom 5 QB and a Bottom 5 coaching OC it sets up for a LONG season. We are lucky the defense has woke up or else we would be 2-7

Advertisements
Old 11-14-2022, 12:24 PM   #17
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I'm glad the defense is playing better. We won't have to see the Philly Special ran successfully each quarter.
Old 11-14-2022, 01:24 PM   #18
Coff
Impact Rookie

I've been looking at Washington's history on prime time against the Eagles (not good) but came across this unrelated game: On Thursday, November 29th, 1984, the Redskins played a Thursday night game against the Vikings. It was a week after Thanksgiving, and I can't find any context as to why they played a Thursday game. This was 20 years before TNF was a thing. Weird. If anyone knows anything about why that game was played on a Thursday, I'd love to hear it.

As for tonight's game, I'm looking past it. We'll drop to 4-6. After that, the schedule gets much easier. With Chase back, I see this team going on a bit of a run and possibly getting over .500. I'm just hoping for no injuries tonight.
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 01:33 PM   #19
SunnySide
Playmaker

He keeps the offense in rhythm. He throws as soon as he makes his drop. He actually makes presnap reads and doesn't predetermine throwing into triple coverage. The offense did a lot more things under center, which seemed effective, and tells you that it's KM who refuses to play under center. He threw with anticipation, rather than waiting for a guy to be wide open. Just a much more fluid offense with a QB who understands how to play.

-------------

I feel like Murray is the equivalent of Jake Plummer, where you have to run a limited scheme to maximize what you can get out of him (at this point)

-----------

Poise, efficiency, experience, leadership, and here’s one that I don’t believe anyone has mention yet…mechanics.
No patting the ball. No throwing off his back foot. No fixing on the primary receiver. No happy feet.

---------

Even though he isn't what you would call tall at 6'1", there is still a difference in Colt seeing the whole field and KM seeing just snippets of it through the gaps in dbetween your big OLmen. It has got to be hard to find and judge your receivers speed and angles.

https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/fo....504271/page-2

^^ Posts from Cardinal fans after Colt McCoys W. Seems like Cardinals fans are going through a good bit of debate on QB play ... and I feel like it applies to us and Eagles as well.

Im trying to give more credit to scrambling non-pocket QBs. Not the can do it all Mahomes or Allens of the world .. the one dimensional scramblers like Heinike and Hurts and apparently

But its hard.

Eagles - I think Hurts is a limited QB but the Eagles embraced what he is and is running a playbook geared towards him. Calling a lot of the Heinike playbook -- limited timing/anticipation/throw to space type calls, a lot of routes he can see if his receiver wins at the stem before having to throw the ball .... and then an incredible amount of luck on deep 50/50 balls.

Hurts just chucks it out there.

Like Heinike but more athletic and with big arm. Heinike on peds.

--------
Im surprised the shine is still on Hurts.

Hopefully we win the 505/50 long balls tonight.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 01:40 PM   #20
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Eagles are just the better team. It is what it is.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 01:46 PM   #21
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
LMAO!!! Not drinking the kool-aid, but hey...when Kirk beats Josh Allen anything is possible! We've already seen TH beat A-Aron this year so who knows...but I think they'll fall short...iggles just a better team all the way around right now.

Win or lose tonight they are the better team. My hope isn’t really kool-aid induced I just feel like this is one of those games where we catch lightning in a bottle. Couple turnovers go our way. Bad calls on the other team. We don’t beat ourselves.
We win tonight, but they are still the better team.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 02:59 PM   #22
calia
Playmaker

I hate to say it, but the Eagles really seem like they're on a mission -- they coach and FO have done a good job with personnel and coaching to their individual players' strengths. They're going to be at home on prime time against a hated rival. I'm usually pretty optimistic, but I don't see how we come away with a W.

I know -- we nearly picked off the Vikes who just beat one of the other serious SB contenders in the Bills. And we beat the Packers who just beat the 6-2 Cowboys. (I can't believe the Giants are now in second in the division.) Our D is playing well, but the only good offense they've played in recent weeks is the Vikings (I wouldn't put the Bears, Colts, or Packers on that list).

I think our D can continue to play well, but I just don't think our offense can keep up with the Eagles.

Eagles 27
Comm's 16

Would love to be wrong!
Old 11-14-2022, 05:24 PM   #23
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

While I would like nothing more than to put an end to their undefeated season, the Eagles have had our number for a while now, especially on Monday nights. I'll look forward to another "spirited" effort, but I don't foresee a victory.

WAS - 20
PHI - 27
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 05:26 PM   #24
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

If we win tonight we are right there in the 7th seed and with houston coming up
Old 11-14-2022, 05:54 PM   #25
rocnrik
Playmaker

I don’t feel good about this … our D has been playing solid but I can’t see TH playing well enough to win ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 06:25 PM   #26
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
If Washington does the following, they will win

Contain the outside running edge of the eagles (their strength)

Put constant pressure on Hurts

Establish the run, don't be running and then passing, get in a flow

Use your TE's for run blocking and screens

Use multiple WR sets (good news, Dotson is back)

And most important PASS PROTECT TH
Gonna do my best Herschel Walker impression on this one

"If uh, if the Redskin Comman-ders score more points than their uh, rival team, they will... uh... win... the football."
Old 11-14-2022, 06:27 PM   #27
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I don’t feel good about this … our D has been playing solid but I can’t see TH playing well enough to win ..
Yeah, doesn't have quite the same vibe as that Pittsburgh game a couple years ago. That was an 11-0 squad but they weren't playing like an 11-0 squad. The Eagles are firing on all cylinders, and we just blew a 10 point lead in like 5 min last week.

I'm just hoping for a close game.