Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Ron Rivera

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2022, 10:36 PM   #61
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 51
Posts: 20,092
Re: Ron Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Definitely a code red situation this week

punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-29-2022, 06:43 AM   #62
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 19,561
Re: Ron Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Yeah that has pissed me off. You want your players to be accountable then you and your staff should be as well.
+1

Not sure if he wasn't ready for the media here but it's year 3 - in his plan we should be playoff contenders by now. Instead here we are down 20 at the half two weeks in a row.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 07:41 AM   #63
irish
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,509
Re: Ron Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
+1

Not sure if he wasn't ready for the media here but it's year 3 - in his plan we should be playoff contenders by now. Instead here we are down 20 at the half two weeks in a row.
He definitely wasn't prepared for big city media, that has shown since day 1. The biggest issue with RR is that in-spite of improving the talent at some positions the team hasn't gotten any better. IMO, that's on the coaching.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 10:51 AM   #64
SunnySide
Playmaker
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 4,240
Re: Ron Rivera

Me personally .. I dont see this as close to a code red.

Were 1-2 not 0-3.

We have the Titans and Bears after this.

We could lose Sunday and still realistically end up 3-3 after week 6.

---

But im looking at it in a lens of staying on schedule to go 7-10 .. paloffs/!? Are you kidding me? plaoffs?!
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 11:37 AM   #65
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 4,369
Re: Ron Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Me personally .. I dont see this as close to a code red.

Were 1-2 not 0-3.

We have the Titans and Bears after this.

We could lose Sunday and still realistically end up 3-3 after week 6.

---

But im looking at it in a lens of staying on schedule to go 7-10 .. paloffs/!? Are you kidding me? plaoffs?!
I had us at 3-3 after 6, but with wins against JAX, DET, & DAL...

If the O-line can hold up this weekend even 4-2 is still a possibility. I just don't see it. As much as I hate to say it, Dallas' D-line is probably going to make our O-line look silly. My only hope is that ST comes up with a magical game plan to counter that, and CW has his best game of the season so far.

If we're speaking in terms of RR's job at the end of the season, then all these games are Code Red. This team needs to show improvement, and steady improvement as the season goes. If it's continued regression or even status quo, then I'm ok with blowing this thing up (again) in the off season. Rinse - Repeat

Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 11:50 AM   #66
SunnySide
Playmaker
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 4,240
Re: Ron Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I had us at 3-3 after 6, but with wins against JAX, DET, & DAL...

If the O-line can hold up this weekend even 4-2 is still a possibility. I just don't see it. As much as I hate to say it, Dallas' D-line is probably going to make our O-line look silly. My only hope is that ST comes up with a magical game plan to counter that, and CW has his best game of the season so far.

If we're speaking in terms of RR's job at the end of the season, then all these games are Code Red. This team needs to show improvement, and steady improvement as the season goes. If it's continued regression or even status quo, then I'm ok with blowing this thing up (again) in the off season. Rinse - Repeat

if its 7-10 ... Id prefer to keep RR and Turner, switch DC. If RR goes ... so does Mayhew and a lot of upper crust.

Upper crust we didnt have under Snyder.

Snyder then picks the HC and decides how we re-structure the entire organization.

-----------

https://www.commanders.com/team/front-office-roster/

^^ look at our front office/exec staff now.

its full .. and costing Snyder a ton of money. New turf, hire an asst to the asst = straight out of Snyder's profit.

before it was like 6 people .. now its an actual organization.

Snyder, im guessing, would fire half the people and gladly go back to paying pennies on the dollar with a duct tape staff.

I wonder if part of the league investigation and punishment was he NEEDS to keep certain staff positions like an HR.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 11:59 AM   #67
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 4,369
Re: Ron Rivera

I guess there's no good answer for what to do at the end of the season if they manage only 6-7 wins, but 7-9, 7-10, and 7-10 over three seasons is unacceptable right? He (RR) did say it was a 3-5 year plan though...

Obviously the best thing that could happen at this point is that they beat Dallas, and things start to click - but it's tough to see that happening after what we've witnessed over the last two weeks.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 12:05 PM   #68
SunnySide
Playmaker
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 4,240
Re: Ron Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I guess there's no good answer for what to do at the end of the season if they manage only 6-7 wins, but 7-9, 7-10, and 7-10 over three seasons is unacceptable right? He (RR) did say it was a 3-5 year plan though...

Obviously the best thing that could happen at this point is that they beat Dallas, and things start to click - but it's tough to see that happening after what we've witnessed over the last two weeks.
That ... or just have the wheels come completely off. Wentz gets injured, O line injuries only get worse, D continues its trend

Id love to go 1-16 honestly. Then? Fire everybody, draft the best college QB available and have an actual window and chance.

7-10 is purgatory and 10-7 is never going to happen.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 12:10 PM   #69
sdskinsfan2001
Hakuna Matata
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Age: 39
Posts: 15,592
Re: Ron Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
if its 7-10 ... Id prefer to keep RR and Turner, switch DC. If RR goes ... so does Mayhew and a lot of upper crust.

Upper crust we didnt have under Snyder.

Snyder then picks the HC and decides how we re-structure the entire organization.

-----------

https://www.commanders.com/team/front-office-roster/

^^ look at our front office/exec staff now.

its full .. and costing Snyder a ton of money. New turf, hire an asst to the asst = straight out of Snyder's profit.

before it was like 6 people .. now its an actual organization.

Snyder, im guessing, would fire half the people and gladly go back to paying pennies on the dollar with a duct tape staff.

I wonder if part of the league investigation and punishment was he NEEDS to keep certain staff positions like an HR.
All of this just absolutely terrifies me because I could totally see it happening. Stuck with a bad HC or giving free reign back to Danny to drag any progress back down to the gutter.
__________________
https://linktr.ee/summo13

Acts 16:31: Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 12:14 PM   #70
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 4,369
Re: Ron Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
That ... or just have the wheels come completely off. Wentz gets injured, O line injuries only get worse, D continues its trend

Id love to go 1-16 honestly. Then? Fire everybody, draft the best college QB available and have an actual window and chance.

7-10 is purgatory and 10-7 is never going to happen.
I honestly don't think that CW finishes this game.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 12:22 PM   #71
Schneed10
A Dude
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 43
Posts: 12,316
Re: Ron Rivera

Our updated Vegas over/under win total is 6.5 and it's -110 on either side of the bet.

In other words, after having seen the whole league play in the first three weeks, and understanding what our schedule is the rest of the way, Vegas thinks the over-under for us the rest of the way is 5.5 out of 14 remaining games.

What once looked like an easy schedule looks to Vegas like we should go 5.5 and 8.5. Or if you prefer whole numbers, roughly 5-9 or 6-8 the rest of the way.

We suck. Fire Ron.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 12:35 PM   #72
rocnrik
The Starter
 
rocnrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,824
Re: Ron Rivera

Vegas knows …
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 12:51 PM   #73
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 35
Posts: 33,960
Re: Ron Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Our updated Vegas over/under win total is 6.5 and it's -110 on either side of the bet.

In other words, after having seen the whole league play in the first three weeks, and understanding what our schedule is the rest of the way, Vegas thinks the over-under for us the rest of the way is 5.5 out of 14 remaining games.

What once looked like an easy schedule looks to Vegas like we should go 5.5 and 8.5. Or if you prefer whole numbers, roughly 5-9 or 6-8 the rest of the way.

We suck. Fire Ron.
Like I said, if it wasn't for Wentz actually being clutch in week 1 we would be 0-3. This team is not well coached at all and it's showing big time.

Ron will be gone after we finish 6-11
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 01:08 PM   #74
mredskins
MVP
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,465
Re: Ron Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Like I said, if it wasn't for Wentz actually being clutch in week 1 we would be 0-3. This team is not well coached at all and it's showing big time.

Ron will be gone after we finish 6-11
I tend to agree, we got hope injuries don't pile up, then he gets a excuse.

he will be here 5 years though, book it. Only because no one else will want come here and he is probably the best we can get.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 01:13 PM   #75
jamf
Playmaker
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 4,689
Re: Ron Rivera

Code red?
You need to be a playoff contender to have code red games.

Ron is pretty much just cashing checks at this point and helping his buddies out with jobs.
His main function is to sit around and swat the flies away from the shit show that is this organization.

I got bad news for you.
Snyder closed his pocket book. He isn't spending like he used to spend.
He isn't throwing money at problems hoping for instant success.
He's tired of the negative publicity and hate from the fans.

He's going to keep Rivera and staff around till their contracts expire or RR quits.
It would cost Snyder around $20mil to fire the staff and start over at the end of the season.

Snyders main focus now is to maximize profits and fuck over the fans that hate his stupid ass.

I've seen this locally with Al Davis (Raiders) and Spanos Family (Chargers).

Welcome to football purgatory.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.10599 seconds with 10 queries