Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Around the NFL…Week 8

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2022, 05:31 PM   #61
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 21,477
Re: Around the NFL…Week 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
How is Chase Claypool worth more than Roquan Smith? Maybe I am old fashioned but if you are trying to build a team having an All Pro MLB to build a defence around would seem to be the best place to start
Roquan Smith has publicly said that he wants to leave the Bears. That kinda kills your leverage in negotiations. Also, I believe Claypool is younger?
__________________
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-01-2022, 06:13 PM   #62
SFREDSKIN
Gamebreaker
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 13,902
Re: Around the NFL…Week 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
@RapSheet
Sources: The #Steelers aren’t done. They are finalizing a trade for #Commanders CB Will Jackson III, some help for their defense.
Best news of the season!! They got more than ham sandwich which is what I was expecting
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 06:51 PM   #63
EdmundDorf
The Starter
 
EdmundDorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK, South
Posts: 1,171
Re: Around the NFL…Week 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Roquan Smith has publicly said that he wants to leave the Bears. That kinda kills your leverage in negotiations. Also, I believe Claypool is younger?
Wasn't that because they didn't want to pay him though?
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 07:42 PM   #64
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 19,561
Re: Around the NFL…Week 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
So many trades ... its like baseball.

Glad WJ3 contract will be off books for next year. Thought he was a good singing when it happened. Physical man corner, young, consistent .. comes here and sucks at playing off man.

WJ3 is def a better player than he showed here but glad contract is off the books, just didnt work out.
Agreed. I'm very surprised they got anything for him. Best part is getting the contract off the books.

I was waiting for the release announcement lol.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 08:33 PM   #65
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 19,561
Re: Around the NFL…Week 8

https://twitter.com/JPFinlayNBCS/sta...38758060179459

I appreciate Ron's honesty on the matter. "Our evaluation was wrong." - How many times in your life are you gonna hear a coach/GM say that?

https://twitter.com/john_keim/status...73493243191296

Keim making a good point too.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 08:40 PM   #66
sdskinsfan2001
Hakuna Matata
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Age: 39
Posts: 15,593
Re: Around the NFL…Week 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
https://twitter.com/JPFinlayNBCS/sta...38758060179459

I appreciate Ron's honesty on the matter. "Our evaluation was wrong." - How many times in your life are you gonna hear a coach/GM say that?

https://twitter.com/john_keim/status...73493243191296

Keim making a good point too.
Can definitely respect Rivera for that. Being wrong happens all the time, admitting it doesn't.
__________________
https://linktr.ee/summo13

Acts 16:31: Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 08:45 PM   #67
AnonEmouse
The Starter
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Age: 56
Posts: 1,717
Re: Around the NFL…Week 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Can definitely respect Rivera for that. Being wrong happens all the time, admitting it doesn't.
Agreed, and respect to him for the honesty. BUT wasn't Jackson touted as an excellent man cover guy? What in his resume had anyone thinking he'd be equally good in a mostly zone scheme? Hard to blame Jackson unless he talked himself up to the evaluators as a zone cover guy.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 08:52 PM   #68
sdskinsfan2001
Hakuna Matata
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Age: 39
Posts: 15,593
Re: Around the NFL…Week 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Agreed, and respect to him for the honesty. BUT wasn't Jackson touted as an excellent man cover guy? What in his resume had anyone thinking he'd be equally good in a mostly zone scheme? Hard to blame Jackson unless he talked himself up to the evaluators as a zone cover guy.
A good man-to-man corner is an amazing athlete. That's probably the hardest non-QB thing to be elite at. I can see how you could figure if a guy can be a lock down man guy, he should be capable of playing in a zone scheme. But it just wasn't the case here. It's too bad because we need a No. 1 corner.
__________________
https://linktr.ee/summo13

Acts 16:31: Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 09:06 PM   #69
AnonEmouse
The Starter
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Age: 56
Posts: 1,717
Re: Around the NFL…Week 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
A good man-to-man corner is an amazing athlete. That's probably the hardest non-QB thing to be elite at. I can see how you could figure if a guy can be a lock down man guy, he should be capable of playing in a zone scheme. But it just wasn't the case here. It's too bad because we need a No. 1 corner.
A guy that's played primarily as a man cover corner will have developed different instincts to a guy primarily playing zone. Unless he'd been coached up in zone for some time, it's very easy to understand why he'd struggle in zone.

What got me here is there are ways to scheme up to leverage his skills and hide his weaknesses (mixed man/zone schemes etc.). They expected him to do all the adapting.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 09:12 PM   #70
SFREDSKIN
Gamebreaker
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 13,902
Re: Around the NFL…Week 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
https://twitter.com/JPFinlayNBCS/sta...38758060179459

I appreciate Ron's honesty on the matter. "Our evaluation was wrong." - How many times in your life are you gonna hear a coach/GM say that?

https://twitter.com/john_keim/status...73493243191296

Keim making a good point too.
Now if could repeat that about Wentz
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 09:15 PM   #71
sdskinsfan2001
Hakuna Matata
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Age: 39
Posts: 15,593
Re: Around the NFL…Week 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
A guy that's played primarily as a man cover corner will have developed different instincts to a guy primarily playing zone. Unless he'd been coached up in zone for some time, it's very easy to understand why he'd struggle in zone.

What got me here is there are ways to scheme up to leverage his skills and hide his weaknesses (mixed man/zone schemes etc.). They expected him to do all the adapting.
The staff definitely could have done a better job to play to his strengths. I prefer a more man-based defense myself.

But I still don't mind the signing. It just didn't work out and now all parties can move on. Fuck Dan's money anyways lol.
__________________
https://linktr.ee/summo13

Acts 16:31: Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 09:46 PM   #72
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 19,561
Re: Around the NFL…Week 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Now if could repeat that about Wentz
I gotta be honest - hard to be mad at Ron for Wentz. They were wrong about him too, but if Heinicke continues to be adequate for the stretch of games I expect Wentz to ride the bench for the rest of the year, and then they can dump him in the offseason without a huge cap penalty. So they hedged their bet in a big way and it looks like it will pay off this offseason.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 12:02 AM   #73
jamf
Playmaker
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 4,689
Re: Around the NFL…Week 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Now if could repeat that about Wentz
And those bum ass guards!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 12:23 AM   #74
sdskinsfan2001
Hakuna Matata
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Age: 39
Posts: 15,593
Re: Around the NFL…Week 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
And those bum ass guards!
I respect your avatar work lol. But still, fuck Kurt.
__________________
https://linktr.ee/summo13

Acts 16:31: Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 01:09 AM   #75
WCommandersfan99
Impact Rookie
 
WCommandersfan99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 735
Re: Around the NFL…Week 8

Thought Jackson would work out better but happy for all parties about the team parting ways with him. Sounds like they'll get out of a huge contract. Like the Smith trade for Baltimore. He's only 25 and leading the NFL in tackles. Feel Chicago overpaid for Claypool a bit with the 2nd rounder. Like the deal for Minny to get Hockensen. Hope he doesn't play Sunday lol but bet he does. Pretty active period really in the league right before the trade deadline.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.15333 seconds with 10 queries