Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Vikings Post-game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2022, 09:22 AM   #91
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 50
Posts: 98,214
Re: Vikings Post-game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I don't predict it does, but I don't think it's entirely unlikely either...
Unless there are some major injuries on D I donít see it
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-10-2022, 09:40 AM   #92
mredskins
MVP
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,465
Re: Vikings Post-game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
Cant help but think that if Howell looked better than Heinicke in practice he would be out there. Would seem to indicate that he looks worse than Heinicke which is a disturbing thought given how Heinicke played on Sunday. With prospect of new owners coming in Ron is very much on the hottest of seats, it may not ultimately save him but winning would be his only chance of sticking around.
i wouldn't really say that. My son just started high school and the sports he plays freshman are very under valued and some are skill wise better then the upper classman, it really boils down to experience and that is Sam's biggest weakness right now.

Unless Sam is Burrows his rookie year you run with the been there done that guy until any hope of this season has been lost.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 09:59 AM   #93
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Yokohama, Japan
Posts: 4,198
Re: Vikings Post-game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Unless there are some major injuries on D I donít see it
Let's not forget so quickly how dysfunctional this D was early on this year...
I'm happily impressed by how they dramatically improved recently, and I'm cautiously confident they can keep going this way, but I don't know that I have enough confidence in Ron and his staff to completely exclude the potentiality of an ugly unravelling.
__________________
Derz Ambassaderz in the Land of the Rising Sun. Oui Monsieur.
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 12:00 PM   #94
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 21,477
Re: Vikings Post-game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Let's not forget so quickly how dysfunctional this D was early on this year...
I'm happily impressed by how they dramatically improved recently, and I'm cautiously confident they can keep going this way, but I don't know that I have enough confidence in Ron and his staff to completely exclude the potentiality of an ugly unravelling.
Any improvements on the defense can be easily undone by a terrible offense. I think holding the Vikes to 7 points for 3 quarters was a good job. But the offense was only able to come up with 17 points and your defense can only hold for so long.
__________________
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 12:26 PM   #95
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 4,369
Re: Vikings Post-game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Any improvements on the defense can be easily undone by a terrible offense. I think holding the Vikes to 7 points for 3 quarters was a good job. But the offense was only able to come up with 17 points and your defense can only hold for so long.
Holding the Vikings to 7 points for 3 quarters, and 20 points overall, and not winning that game was a gut punch.

GB, MIN, and IND all give up about 20-21 points per game on average. We averaged 20 points per game against those teams over the three weeks Heinicke has started. That tells you that the output of this offense with Heinicke - is average at best. Going to have to get that number up to 24-25 down the stretch to have a shot at a wild card spot.

5 of the last 8 games will be against teams that rank in the top 10 with regard to points allowed per game.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 01:51 PM   #96
SunnySide
Playmaker
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 4,240
Re: Vikings Post-game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Holding the Vikings to 7 points for 3 quarters, and 20 points overall, and not winning that game was a gut punch.

GB, MIN, and IND all give up about 20-21 points per game on average. We averaged 20 points per game against those teams over the three weeks Heinicke has started. That tells you that the output of this offense with Heinicke - is average at best. Going to have to get that number up to 24-25 down the stretch to have a shot at a wild card spot.

5 of the last 8 games will be against teams that rank in the top 10 with regard to points allowed per game.
and did it without Homcomb, Curl w the green dot.

Commanders injury report is blank ... usually wed know who practiced, DNP or was limited yesterday .. maybe the MNF pushes it back a day

https://www.commanders.com/team/injury-report/
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 08:07 PM   #97
DYoungJelly
The Starter
 
DYoungJelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,292
Re: Vikings Post-game Thread

Just found a new go to podcast for the nuts and bolts of the game film.

It's called the "Take Command" pod with Logan Paulsen. He's former a former Skin, incredibly smart, and he reminds me of the Cooley film Breakdowns with out the "look at me" vibe.

He really changed my opinion on Scott Turner v T.H. blame game after the last game against the Vikings.

Maybe alot of you all already listen, but it was new to me and wanted to pass it on.
__________________
I'm tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 09:22 PM   #98
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Yokohama, Japan
Posts: 4,198
Re: Vikings Post-game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Just found a new go to podcast for the nuts and bolts of the game film.

It's called the "Take Command" pod with Logan Paulsen. He's former a former Skin, incredibly smart, and he reminds me of the Cooley film Breakdowns with out the "look at me" vibe.

He really changed my opinion on Scott Turner v T.H. blame game after the last game against the Vikings.

Maybe alot of you all already listen, but it was new to me and wanted to pass it on.
I had heard about him doing a pod, I think Al Galdi had him on his pod some while ago.
I'll check it out. Cooley is also doing some sort of film breakdown every now on then on Sheehan's pod but I haven't listened that much this year.
__________________
Derz Ambassaderz in the Land of the Rising Sun. Oui Monsieur.
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34774 seconds with 10 queries