skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Houston has a problem post game

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
You want to see why Rivera named TH the starter, here's why:

In 6 games Wentz was sacked 23 times

In 5 games TH has been sacked 9 times
Yep , Wentz is a statue now and will never be a QB1 again unless Injuries happen

Advertisements
Old 11-20-2022, 08:48 PM   #17
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Yep , Wentz is a statue now and will never be a QB1 again unless Injuries happen
If it wasn't for the injury, Rivera would probably still be playing Wentz.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 08:59 PM   #18
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
You want to see why Rivera named TH the starter, here's why:

In 6 games Wentz was sacked 23 times

In 5 games TH has been sacked 9 times
Pretty much sums it up. His bad plays are drive killers, he missed too many easy throws and gets happy feet.

Throwing some really good deep balls doesn't make you a good QB. You have to be able to do so many other things well to be effective.

I knew this wasn't going to work w/ him. Just knew it. Howell, TH and maybe another vet. That would have been the best way to go. Instead? 28 million down the drain.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 09:02 PM   #19
skinsfan69
Living Legend

TH threw some good balls to 82. Good to see him get back into the offense. Dotson has been a non factor. Need to get him going again.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 09:02 PM   #20
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

I know this was wrong, but man he's one strong country boy!! He could turn out to be a modern day white Jumpy Geathers.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/s...8L-TJU2JWAfzAA

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 11-20-2022, 10:03 PM   #21
jamf
Pro Bowl

I’m happy for Heinicki! Guy is a talentless baller!
What an amazing ride for him the last few seasons.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 10:13 PM   #22
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Houston has a problem post game

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I’m happy for Heinicki! Guy is a talentless baller!
What an amazing ride for him the last few seasons.

I love how he’s not a gifted athlete or passer but he is a gamer and tough as shit. He’s a QB2 for a long time in this league. Hell if he keeps winning he’ll be a QB1 for us for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2022, 10:16 PM   #23
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I love how he’s not a gifted athlete or passer but he is a gamer and tough as shit. He’s a QB2 for a long time in this league. Hell if he keeps winning he’ll be a QB1 for us for a while

Until Howell hits the field and people realize he’s the real deal. At least that’s what my gut feeling says.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 11-20-2022, 10:32 PM   #24
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I know this was wrong, but man he's one strong country boy!! He could turn out to be a modern day white Jumpy Geathers.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/s...8L-TJU2JWAfzAA
I like this unbridled young baller…once he figures it out I think he is gonna be a nice rotational piece.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 10:57 PM   #25
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Until Howell hits the field and people realize he’s the real deal. At least that’s what my gut feeling says.

I think he has tons of upside , hopefully he’s the real deal

Old 11-20-2022, 11:31 PM   #26
ODUsmitty
Camp Scrub

So, let's assume this is preseason and you are told that your team will start out 2-4, with wins over lowly Jax and Chicago, and losses to Detroit, Philly, Dallas, and Tennessee. And then a change in QB gives you wins over Green Bay, Indy, Philly, and Houston with a tough winnable loss to the 8-1 Vikings, resulting in av 6-5 record and playoff contention. And even though the QB at the helm was not a first-round draft choice (like the 2-4 QB making $25+MM/year), or any draft choice, for that matter, would you want to move off the current Qb at $4.75MM for TWO years or look for a costly upgrade because the virtue-signaling optics are better. You guys are freaking NEVER happy. You are getting the deal of the century with Heinicke, a COVID QB, but the KAREN in you cannot be happy because it is unconventional and organic, and against "expert analysis".
Enjoy the ride with a kid that plays hard for the right reasons. The defense is awesome, the TE's and receivers are awesome, and the QB knows who butters his bread, and that is #17. If one were to ask McLaurin with whom he wants to play, CW never gave him enough chances. Heinicke maybe too many. But your stud is your stud, and TH does just that. Please keep trying to "upgrade" one of the few QBs in two decades to actually excite the fanbase and achieve some results, but for the KARENS and DARRINS that post here, it just does not look good enough for these fools to impress their elite friends when drinking shitty wine and pontificating about how much better things could be. Go get bent.
ODUsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 11:38 PM   #27
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODUsmitty View Post
So, let's assume this is preseason and you are told that your team will start out 2-4, with wins over lowly Jax and Chicago, and losses to Detroit, Philly, Dallas, and Tennessee. And then a change in QB gives you wins over Green Bay, Indy, Philly, and Houston with a tough winnable loss to the 8-1 Vikings, resulting in av 6-5 record and playoff contention. And even though the QB at the helm was not a first-round draft choice (like the 2-4 QB making $25+MM/year), or any draft choice, for that matter, would you want to move off the current Qb at $4.75MM for TWO years or look for a costly upgrade because the virtue-signaling optics are better. You guys are freaking NEVER happy. You are getting the deal of the century with Heinicke, a COVID QB, but the KAREN in you cannot be happy because it is unconventional and organic, and against "expert analysis".
Enjoy the ride with a kid that plays hard for the right reasons. The defense is awesome, the TE's and receivers are awesome, and the QB knows who butters his bread, and that is #17. If one were to ask McLaurin with whom he wants to play, CW never gave him enough chances. Heinicke maybe too many. But your stud is your stud, and TH does just that. Please keep trying to "upgrade" one of the few QBs in two decades to actually excite the fanbase and achieve some results, but for the KARENS and DARRINS that post here, it just does not look good enough for these fools to impress their elite friends when drinking shitty wine and pontificating about how much better things could be. Go get bent.
TH has proven he can win, is he the solution long term? Don’t know. I’m fine with him playing over Wentz (night and day). I just feel Howell is our future QB. Love TH!! Who doesn’t?

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 11-21-2022, 07:37 AM   #28
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODUsmitty View Post

I think we are winning despite of TH not because of TH.

I think TH does bring a energy to this team for sure but he will never be the "guy" at QB to bring any franchise great success. It's a feel good story for sure but much like Rudy in the end TH just isn't enough.

What sucks about a TH is he can fool a franchise and come draft day it hurts, that is when you pass by a Justin Herbert because you got your "guy" at QB. TH is no franchises long term solution, we are winning because of our D.
Old 11-21-2022, 07:50 AM   #29
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Our QB of the future is either Howell or not on the roster yet. No way we should go into next year with the same 3 QBs. Draft another guy. Let Heinicke, Howell, and possibly the other drafted QB battle it out in the off-season. Hopefully Howell can win it.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 08:33 AM   #30
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Yeah we are winning because of defense and the run game and in spite if our limitations in the passing game. TH is better than Wentz because he helps hide our weak ass pass pro by moving. He doesn’t see the field well at all and has a weak arm.
You can win with defense and a strong run game but it doesn’t mean we don’t need a quarterback going forward.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote