Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2020, 07:25 AM   #256
Warthog
Impact Rookie
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 692
Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Bring back TW, resign Flowers, Penn for depth, resign Scherff and draft an OT to replace Moses. We also need a better C. Martin is coming up well but Christian has not.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-11-2020, 08:09 AM   #257
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 11,825
Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Bring back TW, resign Flowers, Penn for depth, resign Scherff and draft an OT to replace Moses. We also need a better C. Martin is coming up well but Christian has not.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Piersbacher was highly regarded as a C at Alabama
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 09:21 AM   #258
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 24,354
Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Anybody suggesting paying Conklin RT is off their rocker. The guy is gonna receive a 70-90 million contract.

We canít afford it and wouldnít pay it for him.
__________________
Happy Thanksgiving!
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 10:30 AM   #259
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 5,084
Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

I think the changes Dan Snyder has initiated have cleared major roadblocks and made it possible for Trent Williams to return. Now, it's up to Ron Rivera to make it happen. If I had to bet the mortgage money on it, I'd bet that he'll be back.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 12:03 PM   #260
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,800
Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Anybody suggesting paying Conklin RT is off their rocker. The guy is gonna receive a 70-90 million contract.

We canít afford it and wouldnít pay it for him.
Yeah Iíd rather pay a corner, a tight end, and a MLB personally.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 12:04 PM   #261
Schneed10
My Wife Likes Alex
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Posts: 11,800
Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Hunter Henry or Austin Hooper would look good in B&G.
__________________
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 12:47 PM   #262
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 24,354
Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Hunter Henry or Austin Hooper would look good in B&G.
Yeah...I like Eric Ebron too.

Also watch Camron Brate in Tampa being released. They have OJ Howard behind him...Arians historically doesnít feature the TE in the passing offense and they have 3 major Free agents to pay. I believe Brate is due 3/4 of salary to be guaranteed after March 3rd (approx)...he may be released. That guy would be awesome in a Skins uniform.

If you look around the league, there is a need for TE...the free agency market has never been better but teams like Dallas and New England will be thirsty.

If Scott Turner does bring his dad system into play...pass catching TE will be a must. It should be our focus in free agency
__________________
Happy Thanksgiving!
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 02:48 PM   #263
Warthog
Impact Rookie
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 692
Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

I think the FIRST FA the Redskins will target is TE. That means HOOPER. Then theyíll be looking for CB, a veteran WR to balance McLaurin and DB


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 09:37 AM   #264
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 17,859
Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

So does anyone want to ventire a guess on WHEN we hear a resolution to the TW situation? My thought is if he is coming back to the team happy and onboard with the changes they would want to announce that before the start of FA, so I will say no later than the 2nd week of February

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 09:43 AM   #265
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 27,068
Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
So does anyone want to ventire a guess on WHEN we hear a resolution to the TW situation? My thought is if he is coming back to the team happy and onboard with the changes they would want to announce that before the start of FA, so I will say no later than the 2nd week of February

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Doubt anything will happen until the draft is over, and I think he stays
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 11:24 AM   #266
AnonEmouse
Impact Rookie
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 539
Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

I'd be surprised if RR hasn't at least tried to make contact with him. If he has and TW is talking, then I'd say there's a good chance the regime change entices him back. If RR hasn't called/visited him or if TW spurned such advances, I'd say it's unlikely. In the latter instance I'd say we're more likely to learn before the draft because they will be looking for picks in a trade. If we hear nothing, then I agree he'll probably turn up for the first team activities after the draft.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 01:39 PM   #267
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 17,859
Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Doubt anything will happen until the draft is over, and I think he stays
Well, the TW situation seems like the last big shadow of the former front office. Not only that but how it is resolved, trade -extension-plays final year only, all have a direct bearing on how the team will approach free agency and the draft. I would really be shocked if nothing is announced pre-draft, and from the way Rivera has moved I think the TW situation will be a high priority resolution.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 05:30 PM   #268
Warthog
Impact Rookie
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 692
Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

I agree. I see this as one of RR biggest challenges and priorities. This must be handled delicately and with RR showing that he wants Trent back in the fold. Bruce Allen created a lot of bad blood with TW, but itís all in the past.

If for some reason RR canít bring TW back, then anticipate he will be traded before the draft. We need a second round pick and thatís about what weíll get for him now.

However, Iím pretty optimistic that they will bring TW back, and his teammates will be happy to see him back. He was well regarded by his teammates and that may color Trentís decision to come back. We need him and heís worth far more than a second round pick!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 10:06 PM   #269
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 5,084
Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I agree. I see this as one of RR biggest challenges and priorities. This must be handled delicately and with RR showing that he wants Trent back in the fold. Bruce Allen created a lot of bad blood with TW, but itís all in the past.

If for some reason RR canít bring TW back, then anticipate he will be traded before the draft. We need a second round pick and thatís about what weíll get for him now.

However, Iím pretty optimistic that they will bring TW back, and his teammates will be happy to see him back. He was well regarded by his teammates and that may color Trentís decision to come back. We need him and heís worth far more than a second round pick!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn't be too sure that it's all in the past for TW. Snyder is still here and he just sat back, watched and did nothing to prevent BA from treating TW so poorly. I know that I'd be pissed off at Snyder if I were in TW's position.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 10:07 PM   #270
SkinzWin
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,932
Thumbs up Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Yeah...I like Eric Ebron too.

Also watch Camron Brate in Tampa being released. They have OJ Howard behind him...Arians historically doesnít feature the TE in the passing offense and they have 3 major Free agents to pay. I believe Brate is due 3/4 of salary to be guaranteed after March 3rd (approx)...he may be released. That guy would be awesome in a Skins uniform.

If you look around the league, there is a need for TE...the free agency market has never been better but teams like Dallas and New England will be thirsty.

If Scott Turner does bring his dad system into play...pass catching TE will be a must. It should be our focus in free agency
Ebron is a dumpster fire. If you canít put up solid numbers with Matthew Stafford throwing to you, you need to GTFOH.
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for ...whichever mediocre QB Snyder gave away too much to get and ruined the team for another decade
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.11435 seconds with 10 queries