Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-18-2011, 11:04 PM   #256
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Re: Build the Redskins for 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
RGIII:
BC- Mike Vick(more accurate) - My take, a faster Wareen Moon or Steve Young.
AC- Andy Dalton
WC- Vince Young
Athletically or mentally?
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-19-2011, 12:28 AM   #257
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
We need a qb. instead of it being

"Best Player Available", for us, it looks like this.

"Best QB Available". Then an OL and a WR.

Not too worried about defense, and definitely not worried about TE or RB, Shanny has at least shown that he knows a thing or two about late round gems, or at least coaching them up the right way for them to be productive.

I wouldnt be mad if we draft a QB, then go WR in Second, and then OL in third and both of our 4ths.

If we think RG3 Or Tannehill could tumble a bit, trade down in the first round and see about adding a pick in the 2nd or 3rd. This would be the draft to trade down and still get a blue chipper QB. Alot of good - great talent, and not too many teams needing a QB. Other than Denver, miami, colts maybe and TB and Seattle, I think most teams are set. But it would be a gamble.
You approach of "Best QB available" would be disastrous if this QB class wasn't as good as its hyped up to be. I'm glad it is not 2003, in which Palmer was the only good first round QB in that draft.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:56 AM   #258
Landry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
You approach of "Best QB available" would be disastrous if this QB class wasn't as good as its hyped up to be. I'm glad it is not 2003, in which Palmer was the only good first round QB in that draft.
This draft class has to be the best i have seen so far. I would be happy with Luck, Barkley, Jones, Griffin, or Foles. I think all of those guys got franchise qb potential.
Landry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:04 AM   #259
Mechanix544
The Starter

exactly, which could be the recipe for more draft pix for us, say RG3 falls to late first round. We trade our top 10 pick to move down 11 or 12 spots and add a 2nd rounder. We get RG3 with the 20th pick, and then we get two picks in the second round for as good WR and a good OG.

That would be my dream scenario for this draft.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #260
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

The key to fixing the redskins is fixing the running game IMO. So it was up to me I would use the draft and freeagency to fix the offense pluss plug the holes in the defense. I may try to pull some trades that fans would be upset with. If we don't win next season shanny will be fired. I think we won't win another game this season. So I believe we will have the 3rd pick. The think the order will be Colts#1, Rams#2, Redskins, Vikings, Dolphins, Panthers, Seahawks etc. We will keep Davis and restructure Cooley's contract. Resign Fletcher for one more year. Resign Dirty 30. We are in the best shape cap wise. Better than we have been in a long time so we can make moves.

Draft: Trade down with Seattle- We all know Seattle wants Barkley and the pick will still be a top ten pick then take RG III. With the our 2nd rounder and the additional 2nd round pick from Seattle trade back into the 1st to take Cordy Glenn OG. Draft Michael Floyd or Ryan Broyles in the 3rd. Use the rest of the draft for building depth

Free Agents:

Desean Jackson WR- Many would like to VJ in this position but I like the idea of making our opponent in the division opponents weaker. He would be a great balance to Hankerson and put some fire in the WR goup.

Peyton Hillis RB- We all know he belongs here as the second comming of 44 but more importantly he would be a strong back to balance with Helu and Hightower.

Courtland Finnegan CB- We need an upgrade at the corner position. We missed Rogers this year. His cover skills balanced out Hall's ball hawking skills

Chris Myers OC- This would be a steal from Houston. A center that is a fit to our system and can lead this line to success.

Vince Young QB- I know many of you will dissagree on this one, for me it's about getting the running game going then going from there. Vince is good enough to make plays with his arm and his feet. He is a better place holder than Rex or Beck.

Last edited by diehardskin2982; 11-20-2011 at 10:37 AM.
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:54 AM   #261
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Response to ^^

Desean Jackson WR- Dont' need Divas on this team, and he hasn't done jack shit this year. Pass.

Peyton Hillis RB- Hell no. Not needed. Torrain can provide a power runner and Hillis has been hurt much of this year. Pass.

Courtland Finnegan CB- Solid pickup.

Chris Myers OC- I'm game with this.

Vince Young QB- We already have 2 shitty QBs on our team, we don't need a 3rd.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:58 AM   #262
Pigskins

Yeah man this isn't fantasy football, snyders tried these big free agency splashes an they don't work
Pigskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:19 AM   #263
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I say no to Cortland Finnegan. We don't need another jaw jacker in the secondary talking trash after giving up first downs.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:24 AM   #264
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

All of the Redskins needs can be addressed in the pro draft. While I think Allen and Shanahan can attain some valuable pieces in free agency, it's always better to draft. I'm not necessarily pleased with John Wilson so far. Mike Shanahan likes him, but I see where his game needs more improvement.

Otogwe and Landry are always hurt. The Redskins need to go with Gomes, or draft another safety in free agency. I like the linebackers and defensive linemen we have.

On the offensive side of the ball, the Redskins need to draft of course a QB. Grossman and Beck are nothing more than back up caliber. The Redskins would have fared better keeping Kellen Clemens. While Beck is 0-7 as a starter in the NFL, Clemens has won games as a starter so how does Shanahan not keep three QBs? Offensive line needs to be addressed, mainly RT. And they might need to draft another running back. Even without Kory Lichtentenger, the Redskins have talent on the offensive line. They just need to play better.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:12 PM   #265
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Response to ^^

Desean Jackson WR- Dont' need Divas on this team, and he hasn't done jack shit this year. Pass.

Peyton Hillis RB- Hell no. Not needed. Torrain can provide a power runner and Hillis has been hurt much of this year. Pass.

Torain is "soft" 220 pounds who cannot be trusted to bowl over anyone consistently. I don't see guys having a difficult time bringing him down. That said, I'd only add Hillis if he gets passed on by everyone else first and he's signed for cheap(similar to Carlos Rogers this offseason).

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:32 PM   #266
Defensewins
Playmaker

Our needs in order:

1) QB
2) CB
3) Guard/Tackle
4) WR
5) Nickel DB
6) RB

With so many needs to fill, best talent available after we take our franchise QB should do. But we have to finish re-building our O-line. The injury to Kory Lichtensteiger and time lost by Trent Williams, turned our above average O-line back into one of the leagues worst again. That is when our season fell apart. We need more good lineman.
Acquiring two skilled CB's to add with D.Hall is also critical. Josh Wilson and Kevin Barnes have to be replaced. It is critical that the young guys like DeJon Gomes get on the field.
There is some good in that a healthy Jarvis Jenkins, KoryLichtenseiger and Trent Williams will go along way to getting us back to respectability.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:29 PM   #267
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

Quote:
Response to ^^

I have to disagree; Jackson hasn't been good because Vick has been terrible.
Speaking of players not doing jack, Torrain has been absolutely terrible and can't even consitently start on this year's redskins roster. Hillis was drafted by MS in Denver. He is better the Torrain. As for VY, regardless of what you may say his W/L record speaks for it self. Secondly, I don't want a vet that will keep the rookie on the bench. I want someone who can be faised out over time. Another WR I would consider is Eddie Royal.

The corner position requires swag. Finnegan will bring back the nastiness to our secondary.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:48 PM   #268
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Looking at whats left on contract of D Hall, gotta think this is his last year. CB looks in FA could be a possibility again. Think it might be time for a change there.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:52 AM   #269
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Response to ^^

I agree with all your assesments, however I feel that Hillis could be a fit, BUT Shanahan is great at drafting RB's so theres no need for him.