Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-28-2021, 02:29 PM   #31
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Draft Week Baby!! - Thread 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
That's fine, he's the one I DON'T want.

They have NO ONE playing WR though and this class is DEEEEEP at WR in the 1st.

I think they or the Giants will draft Waddle.
I'd actually be fine with Fields , I know some think he isn't any good because of the OSU connection but he's a gamer and has the GRIT u can't coach. Plus he is pretty damn accurate and can move.. He honestly fits the scheme very well

Advertisements
Old 04-28-2021, 02:30 PM   #32
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

A truckers dream
Old 04-28-2021, 02:33 PM   #33
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

What is it that has Fields falling out of favor in the recent weeks? He and T Lawrence were 1/2 forever...

I honestly don't get what Wilson, Jones, or Lance offer that he doesn't.

If it's the Ohio State thing, that is just stupid.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 02:35 PM   #34
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I'd actually be fine with Fields , I know some think he isn't any good because of the OSU connection but he's a gamer and has the GRIT u can't coach. Plus he is pretty damn accurate and can move.. He honestly fits the scheme very well
Yep. I don't really want them to trade up, but he's the one QB I would be ok moving up for.
Old 04-28-2021, 02:35 PM   #35
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Better looking than some past draft caps.

Old 04-28-2021, 02:41 PM   #36
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Qb is so important and if you dont have one .. youre in the business of finding one.

Id take any one of the top 5 QBs and Monds and Mills and Trask as well. Just keep taking QBs til you land a Russell Wilson or some other franchise transforming player.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 02:49 PM   #37
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
What is it that has Fields falling out of favor in the recent weeks? He and T Lawrence were 1/2 forever...

I honestly don't get what Wilson, Jones, or Lance offer that he doesn't.

If it's the Ohio State thing, that is just stupid.
Lawrence and Wilson have been locked in at the top 2 spots all offseason from what I recall, haven't heard anything about Fields going #2.
Old 04-28-2021, 02:50 PM   #38
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:

A truckers dream
I like it
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 03:07 PM   #39
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Lawrence and Wilson have been locked in at the top 2 spots all offseason from what I recall, haven't heard anything about Fields going #2.
Lawrence-Fields were the 1-2 locks during the college football season .. past couple months Wilson replaced Fields, Jones jumped up the board and Lance kinda dropped to no. 5 best QB.

---------------------

Albert Breer for SI was one of the most accurate nfl mock draft guys last year .. he only does one mock, drops a day or two before the draft.

Darrisaw is his pick for us. Makes a ton of sense. If he is there, take him.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/04/27/nf...s-jamarr-chase

apparently he did several mocks this year ...
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 03:08 PM   #40
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Not that Fields was going to be selected #2 to the Jets. I mean the Jets are the Jets. Just because because they are supposedly locked in on Wilson, doesn't mean that Wilson is the better prospect.

Prior to the offseason, and before the draft order was official, there were only two QBs that were projected to be immediate franchise QBs. We know who was #1, and Fields was the #2.
Old 04-28-2021, 03:23 PM   #41
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Not that Fields was going to be selected #2 to the Jets. I mean the Jets are the Jets. Just because because they are supposedly locked in on Wilson, doesn't mean that Wilson is the better prospect.

Prior to the offseason, and before the draft order was official, there were only two QBs that were projected to be immediate franchise QBs. We know who was #1, and Fields was the #2.
Cooley and a few others actually have Wilson ranked above Lawrence. I honestly haven't heard anyone call Fields the clear #2 prospect. At least not during this offseason.
Old 04-28-2021, 03:26 PM   #42
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Lawrence-Fields were the 1-2 locks during the college football season .. past couple months Wilson replaced Fields, Jones jumped up the board and Lance kinda dropped to no. 5 best QB.

---------------------

Albert Breer for SI was one of the most accurate nfl mock draft guys last year .. he only does one mock, drops a day or two before the draft.

Darrisaw is his pick for us. Makes a ton of sense. If he is there, take him.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/04/27/nf...s-jamarr-chase

apparently he did several mocks this year ...
2 years ago Haskins was being talked up as a top 5 pick and perhaps the first QB off the board during his 2019 season. A lot changes from September to the following May.
Old 04-28-2021, 03:50 PM   #43
Monkeydad
Living Legend

And now the Falcons are accepting offers for Julio Jones.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ia-peter-king/

Surprises? Keep an eye on Atlanta. I can’t predict any bombshells. But a few things would not surprise me. Most notably, the Falcons putting the framework of a trade together for star wideout Julio Jones, and making the trade effective June 2. That way, Atlanta could split Jones’ cap charge between 2021 and 2022 instead of getting bashed with it all this year. So if such a trade happens, I expect it could involve a future pick or picks, nothing this year. (A future second-round pick as compensation seems fair to me.) Because such a trade wouldn’t be official till June, no picks in this draft could be involved. As for the interested team or teams, I would guess Las Vegas; Jon Gruden couldn’t resist Antonio Brown, and I doubt he could resist Julio Jones. New England too, and a couple of teams with clear receiver needs—Tennessee and Baltimore.

Now, the Falcons don’t really want to trade Julio Jones. He’s a franchise legend. But he’s 32, entering his 11th season, coming off a banged-up year with seven games missed due to injury, and the Falcons are in cap jail. If they could off-load his money and cushion it by splitting it between this year ($7.75 million) and next ($15.5 million), Atlanta’s cap charge on Jones this year goes down by a tad more than $15 million.

One final note here, to be very clear: I am not reporting the Falcons will trade Jones, or will probably trade Jones. I am saying it would not surprise me if it happened.

Three more trade names to watch:

• It won’t surprise me if the Niners make Jimmy Garoppolo more available than he’s been. In other words, instead of trying to get a first-round pick for him, maybe considering taking a two for him. I wonder if the Patriots would deal the 46th pick in the draft, or their second-rounder in 2022, for their old friend.

• I won’t be surprised if the Raiders move defensive end Carl Nassib.

• It won’t surprise me, if the Broncos do not draft a quarterback, to see Denver make a mid-round deal for Teddy Bridgewater with Carolina.
Old 04-28-2021, 03:52 PM   #44
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

One thing I love about the new regime is they are not leaking out anything.. All of the rumors are just "sources" and could all be smokescreens. It makes for a fun night tomorrow
Old 04-28-2021, 03:58 PM   #45
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Cooley and a few others actually have Wilson ranked above Lawrence. I honestly haven't heard anyone call Fields the clear #2 prospect. At least not during this offseason.
I've heard that about Wilson too.

The only think that is clear to me at this point is that there is a lot of disagreement on how these QBs should be ranked.

A lot of it is fit I guess, but I've seen Fields mocked at 32 and lower recently, which is absurd.