Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

"Jason Campbell struggles against the Steelers"

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: How Many Regular Season Games Will Jason Campbell Start?
1-5 18 15.25%
6-10 16 13.56%
11-16 84 71.19%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2009, 06:57 AM   #346
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Re: "Jason Campbell struggles against the Steelers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
Did you see Brady after his first interception in his first game back from his injury? He was pissed. And I should remind you that this was preseason and that as an understatement that he is a proven winner. If he cares about how he is performing in preseason and feels he has something to prove (even in preseason) then I think your #3 statement is definitely your fatal flaw in your argument.

And who cares? Everyone should. If campbell made a play earlier or even after this play, then yeah who cares cause he made up for it by making a good play - but he didn't. The best thing that he did for a majority of the game was throwing the ball away.
Good. Tom Brady, preseason hero. I like the ring to it.

Some quarterbacks haven't been picked off in this preseason, but you know, that's alright.

Either you understand the relative value of one quarter of preseason performance, or you don't. There's really no middle ground here.

Advertisements
Old 08-27-2009, 07:04 AM   #347
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
... and Brady's interception was just one meaningless preseason play - but by his reaction not meaningless to him.

You follow the lead of the leaders. Guys like Brady and Haynesworth, they are guys you follow and it certainly looks like to me, that they care how they perform on the field anytime, even in preseason.
You could probably write a book with the things you aren't considering about preseason performance, but hopefully Campbell can throw a costly interception in this game, and then totally lose it so he can show real fans like you how much he cares.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:17 AM   #348
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Interesting discussion. The season is about to begin!!!!!!! Oh yeah, an don't forget the Skins tried to sign Vick because he is better than Campbell.
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:24 AM   #349
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethiesmanfan View Post
Interesting discussion. The season is about to begin!!!!!!! Oh yeah, an don't forget the Skins tried to sign Vick because he is better than Campbell.
They also tried to talk Dilfer out of retirement...as long as we're making stuff up.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:32 AM   #350
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

last year, in the preseason "real game" we got demolished. We then started 6-2. I hope we light up the scoreboard. but its still preseason
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:19 AM   #351
Jay Schroeder
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Poor QB:

haha...wtf was Gus thinking when he did that...I remember seeing that game live when I was a kid.
Jay Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:25 AM   #352
Jay Schroeder
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I'm not going to get into another pointless anti-JC discussion so I'll bite on your other comment:

Yes, the Bears made the Giants first team look really bad. If the Giants are not healthier on defense by Sept. 13 they could be in big trouble. The numerous injuries on all three levels of defense may make them toothless on defense. And its the defense that makes that team what it is. They still have a few weeks to heal, but if they don't, this year's opener could have a vastly different look than last year's opener.

Speaking of last year's opener, I saw Jacobs run over Urlacher twice. Landry should feel good about that.
Agreed, that play was so embarrassing in last years season opener...but Jacobs is just a linebacker posing as rb...so I couldnt be too mad a Laron for that. Even though its only preseason Id love to see him put a hurting on Welker.

I honestly think we can hang with the Giants, Ross's injury sounds bad, hopefully JC can throw on his replacement. If our lines can beat theirs we stand a better chance than last year.
Jay Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:57 AM   #353
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

gtripp i feel like you are wasting your time and energy trying to convince those who are simply irrational or too emotional.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:01 AM   #354
warriorzpath

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
gtripp i feel like you are wasting your time and energy trying to convince those who are simply irrational or too emotional.
He's wasting his time? gtripp says "The preseason has never, ever been about first string quarterbacks. This is the fatal flaw in your argument."

Then I give him an example of probably the most proven currently active (first string) quarterback that cares about his first preseason game as much as a regular season game, and I'm wasting my time?

I just turned this whole discussion around on gtripp on this one argument because I proved his never, ever statement untrue.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:44 AM   #355
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
He's wasting his time? gtripp says "The preseason has never, ever been about first string quarterbacks. This is the fatal flaw in your argument."

Then I give him an example of probably the most proven currently active (first string) quarterback that cares about his first preseason game as much as a regular season game, and I'm wasting my time?

I just turned this whole discussion around on gtripp on this one argument because I proved his never, ever statement untrue.
I feel your (counter-)argument was aimed at trying to prove an exception rather than a rule, but I'm really not even sure if it did that.

I didn't want to completely discredit your point about Brady, but I felt you were 1) comparing apples to oranges, 2) citing a particularly extreme example, and 3) maybe even proving my point in the process.

But it's possible that I just completely missed your point that quarterbacks who throw INTs in the preseason (not including our "struggling" QB who has neither been picked, nor taken a sack) should show some god damn fire when they do get picked. Because that's what's separates winners from losers. Post-interception tirades. Where's Jeff George when you need him?
Old 08-27-2009, 11:53 AM   #356
warriorzpath

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
The preseason has never, ever been about first string quarterbacks. This is the fatal flaw in your argument.
There are no exceptions to your never, ever statement. Thats why your statement is so untrue all the way around.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:59 AM   #357
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
There are no exceptions to your never, ever statement. Thats why your statement is so untrue all the way around.
1) I'm not convinced that their are. I'm not talking about storylines here, I could care less about those. I'm talking situations when a well entrenched first team quarterback loses his job in the preseason to simply the "next best" guy on the roster. Perhaps Chad Hutchinson in 2005 would have been a better example than Brady, but even he only became the starter because of injury, and then completely played his way out of the job. Matt Leinart last year is a more recent example, but we don't have anything comparable to Kurt Warner.

2) Perhaps I can't prove enough knowledge about the counter-examples to take such a hard-line, absolutist postition. That's fair, I think. But I'm still having a hard time citing examples where a non-quarterback battle becomes a quarterback battle based purely on preseason performance. And until a solid example emerges, then I could technically just hold my position.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:08 PM   #358
over the mountain
Playmaker

i found my JC solace in coming to accept that I wont expect him to be anything more than decent to good. he wont lose us to many games but he wont win too many for us either. hes middle of the pack in terms of nfl qbs imo. this team can get to the playoffs with that.

go skins!!