Trade down with Denver or Phoenix?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-28-2016, 11:39 AM   #16
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Trade down with Denver or Phoenix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Maybe it's because I want to win now like the impatient bastard that I am, but I get nervous when we're adding a ton of solid guys. I want a few stars here and there. I totally trust Scot, and this is coming from a place of cynicism, but maybe stay put with our first and trade down later? :/
Given how deep the draft is at certain positions (DL for example), I'm fine trading down the first rounder.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-28-2016, 11:40 AM   #17
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Maybe it's because I want to win now like the impatient bastard that I am, but I get nervous when we're adding a ton of solid guys. I want a few stars here and there. I totally trust Scot, and this is coming from a place of cynicism, but maybe stay put with our first and trade down later? :/
Keep in mind development could be coming. Reed was a great example this year, and look at Cousins. Those two are definitely the biggest reason we were 9-7. Breeland has been good for us, he's still young, could he take another step? I think there's a high ceiling on Kyshoen Jarrett, if the dude can get his arm nerve healthy. Could Crowder be the next Welker?

And I'm convinced Galette is our disruptive force off the edge, which makes a massive difference.

If Scot just keeps doing what he's doing we'll get some very good contributions from places we might not expect right away.
Old 03-28-2016, 05:49 PM   #18
That Guy
Living Legend

JG has to show he's back from the acl, but here's hoping. it can go the other way on development too though - after amerson's 1st year he looked like he was stepping up... and then he fell off a cliff. I don't think that's the case with the guys you mentioned though. reed was always good, he just could never stay healthy.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:28 PM   #19
Schneed10
A Dude

Good point, that's why you stay away from free agency. Established vets can go south too. If one of our young guys goes bad at least it's before we've paid out a big deal.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:20 PM   #20
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Keep in mind development could be coming. Reed was a great example this year, and look at Cousins. Those two are definitely the biggest reason we were 9-7. Breeland has been good for us, he's still young, could he take another step? I think there's a high ceiling on Kyshoen Jarrett, if the dude can get his arm nerve healthy. Could Crowder be the next Welker?

And I'm convinced Galette is our disruptive force off the edge, which makes a massive difference.

If Scot just keeps doing what he's doing we'll get some very good contributions from places we might not expect right away.
Not every star in this league is a first round draft pick or had an instant impact (Richard Sherman was a 4th Rounder). Sometimes it just takes a few years for stars to "happen." Just keep taking lots of shots and developing your own. At some point, the combination of cheap, solid young players creates a situation where stars will arise.