Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Breaking: Clinton Portis, Carlos Rogers among 9 players charged with scheme to defraud NFL Healthcare program

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-13-2019, 02:03 PM   #31
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Breaking: Clinton Portis, Carlos Rogers among 9 players charged with scheme to defraud NFL Healthcare program

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
You speak like someone who's never been in a fight.

The video doesn't tell the whole story. It shows the part where he beat a man up, but the line between beating someone up and beating them unconscious is real thin. Men have died from being hit with a single punch before.

It's real easy to criticize from the sideline, but if you've ever been in that spot before where another man tries to start shit you'd know restraining yourself is easier said than done.

And just to be clear, I'm not sure if Montae was the aggressor or if the other guy tried to start shit. But yes, I qualify getting into a fight as a poor choice. I also qualify trying to rip off the NFL's healthcare reimbursement program as another poor choice. You act like I'm trying to make excuses for their actions. I'm not. Convict Portis, and punish him. He broke the law. But your double standard is appalling when you are more than willing to give Trump a pass for any action he does just because of the office he holds.

skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-13-2019, 02:05 PM   #32
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Breaking: Clinton Portis, Carlos Rogers among 9 players charged with scheme to defraud NFL Healthcare program

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I boxed as an amateur on and off for 9 years from the age of 14-23. I got in 3 fights in 2 days attending a new Jr High in the mid 70's as kids made fun of my clothes. I was bullied because I skipped a grade and less than average size till High School I hit a major growth spurt between freshman and sophomore year while also living in the weight room and playing football. Then I got in a lot of fights defending people that were bullied as I once was. I am guessing I have probably logged more fighting minutes than everyone in here combined.

Anyway in my youth I would rather scare someone into backing down than fight. I have actually been punched by people that lost their cool and hit me, people that I could have destroyed easily and I just turned and walked away.
If I got in a fight and the other person wanted no more, I was done.

My claim to fame was having a strong chin and had good power, Tex Cobb was my hero. Usually if you just look at someone after you took their best shot the fight is over, no reason to go beat them half to death.
Larry Holmes beat the living shit out of that dude. I'll never forgot Cobb's face after that fight.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 05:05 PM   #33
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Larry Holmes beat the living shit out of that dude. I'll never forgot Cobb's face after that fight.
True, but I bet Holmes's fists hurt just as bad as Cobb's face after that fight. Holmes definitely doesn't get the credit he deserves.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 05:15 PM   #34
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I apologize for bringing politics into this thread, normally I try to keep the two separate. I do think it's ridiculous how quick to judge people are from the sidelines though. Portis/others fucked up, they're obviously gonna pay the price. DOJ doesn't fuck around with charges, they probably have all the evidence they need and we'll be hearing about everyone involved cutting a plea deal in the next year or so. Why overreact?
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 05:37 PM   #35
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

From an ESPN article a dozen years ago:

"I don't know if he was fighting dogs or not, but it's his property, it's his dog," Washington Redskins running back Clinton Portis told WAVY-TV in Virginia. "If that's what he wants to do, do it. I think people should mind their business."

When told that dog fighting is a felony, Portis replied, "It can't be too bad of a crime."

That is enough for me to judge Portis, dude is gutter trash.
Old 12-14-2019, 08:20 AM   #36
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
I boxed as an amateur on and off for 9 years from the age of 14-23. I got in 3 fights in 2 days attending a new Jr High in the mid 70's as kids made fun of my clothes. I was bullied because I skipped a grade and less than average size till High School I hit a major growth spurt between freshman and sophomore year while also living in the weight room and playing football. Then I got in a lot of fights defending people that were bullied as I once was. I am guessing I have probably logged more fighting minutes than everyone in here combined.

Anyway in my youth I would rather scare someone into backing down than fight. I have actually been punched by people that lost their cool and hit me, people that I could have destroyed easily and I just turned and walked away.
If I got in a fight and the other person wanted no more, I was done.

My claim to fame was having a strong chin and had good power, Tex Cobb was my hero. Usually if you just look at someone after you took their best shot the fight is over, no reason to go beat them half to death.
Ex boxer here as well.
Old 12-14-2019, 05:15 PM   #37
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
I apologize for bringing politics into this thread, normally I try to keep the two separate. I do think it's ridiculous how quick to judge people are from the sidelines though. Portis/others fucked up, they're obviously gonna pay the price. DOJ doesn't fuck around with charges, they probably have all the evidence they need and we'll be hearing about everyone involved cutting a plea deal in the next year or so. Why overreact?
And what would your politics be? Please explain. I have run across a few extreme lefties that hold any minority of any race, creed & color totally blameless for any act of injustice they commit, is that you? My white girlfriend of over a dozen years is constantly bad mouthing white people, it boggles the mind. Self hating liberals, what a joke.
Old 12-14-2019, 10:37 PM   #38
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
And what would your politics be? Please explain. I have run across a few extreme lefties that hold any minority of any race, creed & color totally blameless for any act of injustice they commit, is that you? My white girlfriend of over a dozen years is constantly bad mouthing white people, it boggles the mind. Self hating liberals, what a joke.
Jesus fucking christ. I apologized, out of decency, for bringing politics into a place I normally prefer to keep politics out of, simply because we don't come to a fucking football forum to discuss politics.

You need a fucking reference? 15000 fucking posts, at least 1000 of those mother fuckers have to be politics related. I don't need to explain shit. You know my position.

You can fuck right off with your fucking high horse. You wanna know my life motto? It's called don't be a fucking asshole. You are an asshole, and so is Trump, and so is any other diehard bootlicker that prefers to live with their head in the sand. Go fucking hang out in the Fox News comment section if you're tired of libs invading your safe space.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 11:04 PM   #39
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Jesus fucking christ. I apologized, out of decency, for bringing politics into a place I normally prefer to keep politics out of, simply because we don't come to a fucking football forum to discuss politics.

You need a fucking reference? 15000 fucking posts, at least 1000 of those mother fuckers have to be politics related. I don't need to explain shit. You know my position.

You can fuck right off with your fucking high horse. You wanna know my life motto? It's called don't be a fucking asshole. You are an asshole, and so is Trump, and so is any other diehard bootlicker that prefers to live with their head in the sand. Go fucking hang out in the Fox News comment section if you're tired of libs invading your safe space.
I did not vote for Trump, I voted for Will Seemore, which I have constantly stated. I am sick of everyone making everything about race. I am sick of lefties constantly playing the race card. For some strange reason everyone in my small world gets along just fine, we are all humans here in Caroline County Virginia.

What I find as comedy is the left saying the right is the party that spews hate. The left seems to hate anyone who does not think like them. Look above to see the proof. They are the party of hate and intolerance.

Last edited by Buffalo Bob; 12-14-2019 at 11:23 PM.
Old 12-14-2019, 11:06 PM   #40
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:

Who here has lost their mind and is cussing up a storm? I am an asshole for speaking the truth about the losers among us? Please quote a post where I am an over the top A-hole as you claim, I will wait,.................
Old 12-15-2019, 06:40 AM   #41
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
I did not vote for Trump, I voted for Will Seemore, which I have constantly stated. I am sick of everyone making everything about race. I am sick of lefties constantly playing the race card. For some strange reason everyone in my small world gets along just fine, we are all humans here in Caroline County Virginia.

What I find as comedy is the left saying the right is the party that spews hate. The left seems to hate anyone who does not think like them. Look above to see the proof. They are the party of hate and intolerance.
I study politics a lot, and consider myself to be more informed on political stuff than the average guy who just watches TV, and I've felt for a while now, that the whole mantra / identity of the left is just "Agree with us or we will hate you / impeach you / try and ruin you professionally". This divide between left and right existed far before Donald Trump, and unfortunately it seems that it will continue well after his presidency. Personally, i was a Democrat in high school and college, but left the party in the late 2000's as i consider myself to be politically neutral.
Old 12-15-2019, 12:10 PM   #42
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

So, ummm, football. I like it. HTTR!!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 12:44 PM   #43
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
+1

keep politics in the politics section. Thank you
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 01:19 PM   #44
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I need you on Christmas Day!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 01:23 PM   #45
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I need you on Christmas Day!
If you'll be in the East Bay, CA area, I'll see if I can swing by lol.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote