Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Week 2 - the Rebound

Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2021, 01:48 PM   #11
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: Week 2 - the Rebound

I was actually ok with moving on from Moses. It's always good to get younger on the O-line. Maybe Cosmi didn't have a great day, but I'm not so sure that a 31 year old Moses would have handled Bosa any better. How many holding / false start penalties would we have had? We'll never know, we can only speculate. I will agree though, that the O-line has to do better as a unit moving forward. The entire offense does.

It's funny to me because they absolutely did address the O-line in the offseason. It's deeper than it's been in a while. But there's always that one move that fans want to point out to make the case that the coaches don't know what they are doing, or to discount the fact that they actually did try to improve the team.

Maybe we should give Cosmi more than one NFL game against a premier NFL pass rusher, before we decide that he isn't the answer, or that releasing Moses was dumb.

I feel the same way about the secondary and St-Juste. Moreland was nice here, particularly in run support, but the secondary is now more talented overall and deeper than it has been in a while.
Chief X_Phackter is online now   Reply With Quote