Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Fitzmagic thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-14-2021, 09:45 AM   #181
MTK
\m/

Re: Fitzmagic thread

Not much you can do to prepare for your QB getting pancaked and breaking his hip

Advertisements
Old 09-14-2021, 11:38 AM   #182
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Finding a better LT? Honestly I didn't see such issues with Lucas last year so I am not sure how Leno won the "Camp competition" over a known quantity.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 12:32 PM   #183
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Not much you can do to prepare for your QB getting pancaked and breaking his hip
Yeah but He's also 38 years old and father time has arrived.. They banked on Fitz to lead this offense and make plays down field.. Now we are back to the same situation as last yr.. TH and Kyle Allen , lets all hope TH can be the next Tony Romo (highly unlikely)
Old 09-14-2021, 12:38 PM   #184
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I think we're OK with Heinicke until he gets hurt. But I have zero confidence he can make it all 16 remaining games without getting injured. I hope I'm wrong.

DRAFT A QB IN 2022.

I'm already looking at guys. Was watching some Malik Willis last night.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 12:45 PM   #185
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I think we're OK with Heinicke until he gets hurt. But I have zero confidence he can make it all 16 remaining games without getting injured. I hope I'm wrong.

DRAFT A QB IN 2022.

Agreed and lets put the Watson talk to bed. The current trade cost is almost prohibitive, especially when you don't know if he'll be jailed, suspended etc. You could use up next years picks (when you'd almost 100% be going for a QB) and then find he's not available and you have no picks to get a rookie.

NB its weird reading about his situation at the Texans. He's going into work, doing meetings etc. but not practising, playing etc. and management have pretty much confirmed he'll never play for them again. It's like the opposite of a holdout but with the same likely outcome!
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 12:55 PM   #186
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Agreed and lets put the Watson talk to bed. The current trade cost is almost prohibitive, especially when you don't know if he'll be jailed, suspended etc. You could use up next years picks (when you'd almost 100% be going for a QB) and then find he's not available and you have no picks to get a rookie.

NB its weird reading about his situation at the Texans. He's going into work, doing meetings etc. but not practising, playing etc. and management have pretty much confirmed he'll never play for them again. It's like the opposite of a holdout but with the same likely outcome!
Given the potential outcome of Watson's situation, getting a 1st round pick for him would be a win for the Texans. But for some reason, stupid teams always want to be right and do things on their terms. This is the same Bruce Allen stupidity in not trading Cousins, and the same stupidity the Packers are doing right now as well.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 01:25 PM   #187
mredskins
MVP

Quote:

WHy?

This is exactly why you keep a radar on it, its a odd situation with the hardest position to fill in sports. At some point there will be a break, Texans got get something for him. Watson's situation is not a Ray rice thing it keeps dragging out which makes me think the "victims" don't have a whole lot of leg to stand on.
Old 09-14-2021, 01:39 PM   #188
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

DRAFT A QB IN 2022.

I don't see him lasting 16 games either , he got hurt in 1 game last yr...
Old 09-14-2021, 04:34 PM   #189
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
WHy?

This is exactly why you keep a radar on it, its a odd situation with the hardest position to fill in sports. At some point there will be a break, Texans got get something for him. Watson's situation is not a Ray rice thing it keeps dragging out which makes me think the "victims" don't have a whole lot of leg to stand on.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/05/21/ne...ts-daily-cover

Ray Rice was caught on camera, case closed. This is different, and is more 'he said, she said'. But reading about it, it doesn't add up women trying to get easy money. One woman going to him and accusing him in the hopes of a payout on the QT makes sense, but 22? And what about all those other sessions he's apparently had? It reads like a guy with at least a fetish, at worst a real psychological problem. And if its the latter, that rings alarm bells for me on the field. What happens if, with all this publicity and potentially his means of 'relief' being cut off, he spirals? You won't get your draft picks back. Not worth the risk imho.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 09:41 AM   #190
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/05/21/ne...ts-daily-cover

Ray Rice was caught on camera, case closed. This is different, and is more 'he said, she said'. But reading about it, it doesn't add up women trying to get easy money. One woman going to him and accusing him in the hopes of a payout on the QT makes sense, but 22? And what about all those other sessions he's apparently had? It reads like a guy with at least a fetish, at worst a real psychological problem. And if its the latter, that rings alarm bells for me on the field. What happens if, with all this publicity and potentially his means of 'relief' being cut off, he spirals? You won't get your draft picks back. Not worth the risk imho.
We are WFT if we get a franchise QB of his caliber there is going be some dings in their armor.

I really doubt the hand jobs equate to better performance on the field.

And their is risk here definitely; but whatever we do there will be risk.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:14 AM   #191
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

We won't trade for Watson, the PR Mess would be horrible for this team. Ron will just stick with TH and KA until he's blue in the face
Old 09-15-2021, 10:19 AM   #192
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:

DRAFT A QB IN 2022.

Doesn't seem like the class in 2022 is as strong as last year. But one thing we need to do is not only draft a QB but draft a great deep ball thrower. There is too much horizontal passing going on in this offense.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 10:21 AM   #193
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Doesn't seem like the class in 2022 is as strong as last year. But one thing we need to do is not only draft a QB but draft a great deep ball thrower. There is too much horizontal passing going on in this offense.
Yeah even with Fitz its not like we were going to be a deep threat offense.. Malik Willis would fix that problem.... But Ron doesn't seem to draft QBs so who knows
Old 12-07-2021, 09:38 AM   #194
MTK
\m/

Damn Fitzy we barely got to know you

@RapSheet

Sources: Washington Football Team QB Ryan Fitzpatrick is undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his hip, a measure that will help him heal. The procedure makes it official — Fitz’s 2021 season is over. He played in just one game, then suffered a hip subluxation.
Old 12-07-2021, 09:46 AM   #195
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Damn Fitzy we barely got to know you

@RapSheet

Sources: Washington Football Team QB Ryan Fitzpatrick is undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his hip, a measure that will help him heal. The procedure makes it official — Fitz’s 2021 season is over. He played in just one game, then suffered a hip subluxation.
He just held out from the water slide injury then limped on for the first series; collect $10M don't pass go