Around the NFL 2022: Offseason edition

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-21-2022, 09:47 AM   #316
MTK
\m/

Re: Around the NFL 2022: Offseason edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Should the man not be allowed to work again?
He didn't say that.

Quote:
I don’t think any team should go into business with a player—though cleared of criminal charges—who has 22 women accusing him of indecent acts. Thirty-one teams should have risen up and said, We might be interested in this great football player, but only after we know the full scope of what we’re dealing with. The fact is, they don’t know. Watson could be faultless, and he could have run into 22 women, all of whom are lying, as his attorney Rusty Hardin thinks. That would be an incredible coincidence, 22 women all lying. But let the legal system play this out.

Advertisements
Old 03-21-2022, 10:23 AM   #317
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
on a 4 win team, alot of those stats are during garbage time. not saying he is not a skilled QB just saying they are a bit inflated.

Well I don’t know how many quarterbacks on 4 win teams ever put up those numbers but Ill look into it.

You can look at it like that, I look at it like imagine what he could do with a team around him.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 10:42 AM   #318
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

He should work for it though. They were 4-12 in 2020 and 4-13 in 2021 without him. Look I realize he is a good QB and I don't see anyone saying different but it's almost two full seasons since he has played , this is a new team , new Coaches , he hasn't earned or deserves this type of money .
Old 03-21-2022, 11:23 AM   #319
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I don't know if condemning the trade and optics and unemployment are mutually inclusive. Jeffery Skilling did his time doesn't mean companies that do business with Veld Applied Analytics might not feel some heat.
Old 03-21-2022, 11:37 AM   #320
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I don't know if condemning the trade and optics and unemployment are mutually inclusive. Jeffery Skilling did his time doesn't mean companies that do business with Veld Applied Analytics might not feel some heat.
I'm glad he found somewhere to play again and try to get his life back on track. And I'm glad it wasn't us, because we have too much shit going on with Snyder already, it just wouldn't have worked here. I would have supported him, but Cleveland is a better spot for him.

There won't be criminal charges, but they will all likely still get paid in civil court, so let the man work.

That article is just typical Peter King drivel, that probably has been written by 100 different writers already, because its such low hanging fruit to score some brownie points.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 11:38 AM   #321
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
He should work for it though. They were 4-12 in 2020 and 4-13 in 2021 without him. Look I realize he is a good QB and I don't see anyone saying different but it's almost two full seasons since he has played , this is a new team , new Coaches , he hasn't earned or deserves this type of money .
Yeah, the contract itself is nuts. I can't believe Cleveland ponied up that much. He better play at an elite level or he and Cleveland will get even more roasted.
Old 03-21-2022, 11:44 AM   #322
MTK
\m/

Seems to me that Kaepernick got blackballed for a lot less.
Old 03-21-2022, 11:47 AM   #323
MTK
\m/

Quote:
I'm glad he found somewhere to play again and try to get his life back on track. And I'm glad it wasn't us, because we have too much shit going on with Snyder already, it just wouldn't have worked here. I would have supported him, but Cleveland is a better spot for him.

There won't be criminal charges, but they will all likely still get paid in civil court, so let the man work.

That article is just typical Peter King drivel, that probably has been written by 100 different writers already, because its such low hanging fruit to score some brownie points.
Even if half of what he's accused of is true it's pretty disgusting. Good thing not everyone can look past harassment and abuse so easily and just write it off as scoring some brownie points.
Old 03-21-2022, 11:51 AM   #324
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Seems to me that Kaepernick got blackballed for a lot less.
And in previous situations, Goodell has been very trigger happy with suspensions.

Also, the Browns accommodated his contract to deal with suspensions, by making his first year only account for $1 million of his contract total.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 12:06 PM   #325
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Even if half of what he's accused of is true it's pretty disgusting. Good thing not everyone can look past harassment and abuse so easily and just write it off as scoring some brownie points.

Unfortunately we will never know if there was abuse. If so he has to live with that.

I mean, playing devils advocate he got a happy ending from some masseuse. So he ripped the towel off and turned over next time and the girl was like gtfo. This cycle continued until one was like hey i could make a lot of money saying this guy harassed me or abused me - when in actuality it was a proposition. A sleazy pervy proposition but a proposition none the less. They said no, he was like later. If i knew that to be the case I really wouldn’t consider it criminal by any means. Now if he got forceful with them, wouldn’t take no for an answer and threatened them well lock his ass up.

I don’t know any of this to be true or not, but it is possible he simply asked??!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 12:17 PM   #326
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Unfortunately we will never know if there was abuse. If so he has to live with that.

I mean, playing devils advocate he got a happy ending from some masseuse. So he ripped the towel off and turned over next time and the girl was like gtfo. This cycle continued until one was like hey i could make a lot of money saying this guy harassed me or abused me - when in actuality it was a proposition. A sleazy pervy proposition but a proposition none the less. They said no, he was like later. If i knew that to be the case I really wouldn’t consider it criminal by any means. Now if he got forceful with them, wouldn’t take no for an answer and threatened them well lock his ass up.

I don’t know any of this to be true or not, but it is possible he simply asked??!
There's nothing here that makes it sound any better. In fact anytime someone tries to explain this mess away it just sounds creepier.
Old 03-21-2022, 12:32 PM   #327
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Not looking past anything, but there won't be criminal charges. And if there isn't, he should be able to play.

And he found a team that agreed. And there were plenty more that did too.

Clearly, he is into some weird shit, and probably needs some form of counseling, but that could apply to tons of players for all we know.
Old 03-21-2022, 12:55 PM   #328
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Watson isn't the person that he portrayed. He had the perfect imagine and it turns out he is a creep.

Can't believe Clev gave him all that money. Dude has the same amount of playoff wins as Cousins.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 12:59 PM   #329
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post

There was more to it. He was looking these women up on social media. He looked them up, some w/ little experience in massage therapy, booked them and then did his freaky shit.

Yes no crime was probably committed. All it proves is he has some real issues.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 01:18 PM   #330
Ruhskins
Living Legend

So Twitter is going crazy over the Athletic's piece on Urban Meyer. And it is batsh*t crazy. What the hell was Jacksonville thinking?
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote