Around the NFL 2022: Offseason edition

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-15-2022, 05:40 PM   #451
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Around the NFL 2022: Offseason edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
You sure seem to have a ton of confidence in a guy that two teams couldn't wait to get rid of. Did you think this highly of him before he was traded here? Can you evaluate him w/out your Commanders glasses on? lol.

It's one thing to say Wentz is better than Taylor. Ok we know that, but that's really not saying a lot. It's another to say he is better than and has a better future than Carr. I don't get that stance at all. How does Wentz have a better future than Carr? The Raiders have arguably the best wr and when healthy arguably the best TE in football. They'll probably have a better scheme and a more stable situation.

Wentz could not have come to a worse situation if you ask me. He could have all new coaches if he makes it to 2023.
I ain't much for the pecking order of mid-tier NFL qb's, but I feel like the whole "2 teams didn't want him in 2 years" thing is a stretch. It's clearly obvious now that the Colts decision to let Wentz go was from Jim Irsay and not the coaching staff. Irsay didn't like what he saw and pulled a Danny - meddling in affairs he has no business in.

Is Wentz an elite qb? Obviously not. But he's clearly better than Heinicke - every week last year there were a half-dozen plays where Taylor missed wide open guys because he can't go through progressions. We needed an upgrade and we got it.

I just need them to do something about MLB and I'll be happy.

Advertisements
Old 04-16-2022, 12:40 PM   #452
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
You sure seem to have a ton of confidence in a guy that two teams couldn't wait to get rid of. Did you think this highly of him before he was traded here? Can you evaluate him w/out your Commanders glasses on? lol.

It's one thing to say Wentz is better than Taylor. Ok we know that, but that's really not saying a lot. It's another to say he is better than and has a better future than Carr. I don't get that stance at all. How does Wentz have a better future than Carr? The Raiders have arguably the best wr and when healthy arguably the best TE in football. They'll probably have a better scheme and a more stable situation.

Wentz could not have come to a worse situation if you ask me. He could have all new coaches if he makes it to 2023.
Are you able to evaluate Wentz without whatever glasses you have that make it sound like he slept with your wife or killed your dog?

Can you ABSOLUTELY say that it was an unanimous decision by the Colts to get rid of him, when a lot of people know it was a knee jerk move by the owner, and it put the team in a bad situation until they lucked out with Ryan?

Do I think Wentz could not work out? Yeah. Do I think he's a long term answer at QB? Probably not. But that doesn't mean that I'm going to shit on the guy every time his name is brought up.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 12:46 PM   #453
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Also Derek Carr isn't any better than Wentz, in fact I'd argue that Wentz has the better future.
I think Carr has had more talent around him than Wentz ever had. But you have to make use of that talent.

I think with Wentz, there's recency bias in terms of the perception of his abilities given the Jacksonville game, and Jim Irsay's full blown slander campaign against him (even after they got rid of him).

For both QBs, this upcoming year will tell a lot about their abilities: Can Carr survive the gauntlet that is the AFC West with his elite receiver group? Can Wentz improve on a team with potentially the best receiver group he's ever had?
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 07:17 PM   #454
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Are you able to evaluate Wentz without whatever glasses you have that make it sound like he slept with your wife or killed your dog?

Can you ABSOLUTELY say that it was an unanimous decision by the Colts to get rid of him, when a lot of people know it was a knee jerk move by the owner, and it put the team in a bad situation until they lucked out with Ryan?

Do I think Wentz could not work out? Yeah. Do I think he's a long term answer at QB? Probably not. But that doesn't mean that I'm going to shit on the guy every time his name is brought up.
I could say the same thing about you regarding Cousins. He w/out question did something to you that makes your blood boil...lol

If you read what I said it's a pretty fair statement. Not shitting on the guy at all. I just don't think his future here is brighter than Carr's where skinsfaninok thinks it is. That to me is looking though Commanders glasses. As I said Carr has perhaps the best wr in football as well as the best TE when healthy.

As far as the Colts, yeah probably some knee jerk in there. I agree. But the Eagles also that same reaction which raises serious red flags. Everything I have brought up about Wentz is all stuff that is fair, not personal like it is w/ you and Kirk.

I'm actually rooting for Wentz. I hope it works out. He seems like a good dude, pretty humble. I just don't think it's going to work out.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 11:11 AM   #455
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Also Derek Carr isn't any better than Wentz, in fact I'd argue that Wentz has the better future.

Usually agree with you on about everything. But imo Carr is better. Money aside Id rather have Carr as our quarterback.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 12:41 PM   #456
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

Happy Easter!!

Can someone help me find a good podcast for the Commanders? I consistently listened to "The Team 980", but the constant rants bashing Snyder get old. Thursday, Sheehan blasted a listener for 20+ minutes, and The Rooster's mindnumbing rants become old. Living in Omaha, all I get on our local show is Husker talk and how they are back. I understand Synder is a dirtbag, so I don't need to be reminded of it every day.

Be safe!!
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 01:10 PM   #457
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaRedskins View Post
Happy Easter!!

Can someone help me find a good podcast for the Commanders? I consistently listened to "The Team 980", but the constant rants bashing Snyder get old. Thursday, Sheehan blasted a listener for 20+ minutes, and The Rooster's mindnumbing rants become old. Living in Omaha, all I get on our local show is Husker talk and how they are back. I understand Synder is a dirtbag, so I don't need to be reminded of it every day.

Be safe!!
sports junkies maybe?

I mean right now it's the slow season and there's nothing else happening (NFL wise), so it is what it is. Once preseason starts (or at least the draft) there'll be more talk about the team.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 01:21 PM   #458
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The usfl ain’t bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2022, 01:30 PM   #459
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaRedskins View Post
Happy Easter!!

Be safe!!
John Keim Podcast is on point imo. Good insight, points you in the right direction from what the team in thinking when it comes to team building, coaching, etc

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR...EegQIAhAF&ep=6

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 04:13 PM   #460
GridIron26
Playmaker

Browns just extended Denzel Ward's contract - 5 years for $100 million with $71 million guaranteed. The biggest contract for a CB.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 02:16 PM   #461
MTK
\m/

Report: Apple is “likely” landing Sunday Ticket
Old 04-19-2022, 03:45 PM   #462
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
WOW...I thought ESPN was going to get it? That it was going to be a part of the Disney/ESPN Plus package?
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 08:10 AM   #463
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
WOW...I thought ESPN was going to get it? That it was going to be a part of the Disney/ESPN Plus package?
I was hoping for that too
Old 04-20-2022, 09:15 AM   #464
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

If SF lets Deebo go they will kill their chances of winning that division.. That dude is a BALLER
Old 04-20-2022, 09:23 AM   #465
MTK
\m/

Quote:
If SF lets Deebo go they will kill their chances of winning that division.. That dude is a BALLER
yeah no doubt that would be a huge loss for them