U.S. Vacation Spots

Parking Lot

Old 09-13-2019, 08:37 AM   #31
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: U.S. Vacation Spots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Matty, Upper NY Connect, what can you tell me about the Catskills Mountains? Im looking at visiting fam in Connecticut and might swing over to them on the way back around mid October. Anybody else can chime in...tip and tricks appreciated
Hi guys, the Catskills very little but I do hit the Berkshire's . In October should be very nice. Leaf peepers are at their peek on Columbus day weekend up there so expect it to be busy if that is when you're up there.
Depending on where in Conn you are it shouldn't be far to get to . Great Barrington,Stockbridge ,Lenox ,Lee all great little spots. All of them along Rt 7/ Rt 20 Some good craft beer up there.

Chico pretty sure you would love this place.........

http://www.barringtonbrewery.net/

If you're going up and take the NY State Thruway "Woodstock" ...yes that one, is a pretty cool little town.

I use to spend summers in Lenox as a kid which is how I got to know the area. We usually stay in Stockbridge at the Redlion Inn , it's pricey specially during leaf peeper time but the Mrs loves it and it's a treat to ourselves, it's all so Norman Rockwell's home ,the Museum is there ,very cool.

Advertisements
Old 09-13-2019, 11:21 AM   #32
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Hi guys, the Catskills very little but I do hit the Berkshire's . In October should be very nice. Leaf peepers are at their peek on Columbus day weekend up there so expect it to be busy if that is when you're up there.
Depending on where in Conn you are it shouldn't be far to get to . Great Barrington,Stockbridge ,Lenox ,Lee all great little spots. All of them along Rt 7/ Rt 20 Some good craft beer up there.

Chico pretty sure you would love this place.........

http://www.barringtonbrewery.net/

If you're going up and take the NY State Thruway "Woodstock" ...yes that one, is a pretty cool little town.

I use to spend summers in Lenox as a kid which is how I got to know the area. We usually stay in Stockbridge at the Redlion Inn , it's pricey specially during leaf peeper time but the Mrs loves it and it's a treat to ourselves, it's all so Norman Rockwell's home ,the Museum is there ,very cool.
perfect, thanks!

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 01:44 PM   #33
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Want to plan a vacation next year. What is/are your favorite city/cities? What one thing would you recommend in that city?
Depends on what u like, if you are the Beach type that likes to chill out. Sarasota FLA is awesome. Great atmosphere and food.
Old 09-13-2019, 01:45 PM   #34
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Some of my favorite vacation spots: New Orleans, Clearwater Beach FL, NYC, Chicago, Vegas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chicago has the best food hands down
Old 09-13-2019, 06:31 PM   #35
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
perfect, thanks!
Just a note . this is also the town that is the backdrop for "Alice's Restaurant" by Arlo Guthrie . He and James Taylor live a few towns away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4dB...5E487DE4AD437F
Old 09-26-2019, 08:12 PM   #36
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
perfect, thanks!
Actually going up to the Berkshires this weekend for a quick trip and to pick up some local Beer I have talked about .
Old 09-26-2019, 08:56 PM   #37
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Actually going up to the Berkshires this weekend for a quick trip and to pick up some local Beer I have talked about .
Yeah I might have to move my trip back a week do to coverage issues at work.

So I want to buy weed legal, never done it...so are there Massachusetts dispensaries close to the Connecticut border? Or New York? I’m think I may stay in Woodstock ny one night.

He Gets Us
Old 09-26-2019, 09:58 PM   #38
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Yeah I might have to move my trip back a week do to coverage issues at work.

So I want to buy weed legal, never done it...so are there Massachusetts dispensaries close to the Connecticut border? Or New York? I’m think I may stay in Woodstock ny one night.
LOL, wish I could help you but I know nothing about that. I drove through Woodstock once it's a cool little place that embrace's it's past although the Concert was actually in Bethel NY.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:16 AM   #39
MTK
\m/

Pittsfield, Great Barrington, and now Lee all have dispensaries, all very close to the NY border, not too far from CT
Old 09-27-2019, 10:49 AM   #40
SunnySide
Playmaker

Rented a house in Rehobeth Beach last weekend with a group. Really nice house maybe a mile from the beach. This place would probably be 3k a weekend during the summer, we got it for 1k or so.

Funland was closed but the weather was great, not too crowded but still crowded.

I always love doing a weekend beach trip in September.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 09:22 AM   #41
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

You might enjoy Key West. My wife and I love it there. A vacation there is a wonderful combination of fun and serenity. It is a very mellow place with a subtropical climate.

Key West is an island that is only 4 mi. long and 1 mi. wide. It is 129 mi. SW of Miami and 95 mi. N of Cuba. It is filled with Victorian Mansions, Boutique Hotels, and beautiful bungalows painted in pastel colors with gingerbread trim, most of them with front porches and many of them with balconies. There are over 16 blocks of buildings on the National Historic Registry. So, a trolley tour of the entire island (which doesn't take a whole lot of time) is a real pleasure and a "must do".

The heart of Key West is the famous Duval Street which extends 1.1 mi. from the Atlantic Ocean to the Gulf of Mexico. It's always party time on Duval Street. There are over 100 bars in the span of 15 blocks, including favorites such as the iconic Sloppy Joe's and the original Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville. Regular arrivals of cruise ship passengers keep things lively.

There are many other things to do such as deep sea fishing, sunset sailing cruises, snorkeling trips, museums, and many nice restaurants. There are even regular free outdoor concerts at the Mallory Square pier.

You can fly to Key West and, if you do, you don't necessarily need to rent a car. You can get around by bicycle, pedicab, trolley, rent an electric cart, or walk.

BTW, I'm not an employee of the Key west tourist board. I just love the place.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 09:30 AM   #42
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Rented a house in Rehobeth Beach last weekend with a group. Really nice house maybe a mile from the beach. This place would probably be 3k a weekend during the summer, we got it for 1k or so.

Funland was closed but the weather was great, not too crowded but still crowded.

I always love doing a weekend beach trip in September.
Agree...in outer banks nc this weekend for some sound side fishing and lil beach time. Beach trips in September highly underrated...last year went to Virginia Beach and stayed cheap as hell as well. I enjoy missing the large groups of people

Key west is a top 5 trip

He Gets Us
Old 09-28-2019, 11:38 AM   #43
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Agree...in outer banks nc this weekend for some sound side fishing and lil beach time. Beach trips in September highly underrated...last year went to Virginia Beach and stayed cheap as hell as well. I enjoy missing the large groups of people

Key west is a top 5 trip
I love the Outer Banks. Very relaxing but not much to do. We went in May this year. Very good weather and much better rates than in-season. Try the Kitty Hawk Grill for lunch (it looks like a diner). Very good food prepared by two crazy chefs who own the place. Get there when it opens because the great specials go fast.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 01:30 PM   #44
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I love the Outer Banks. Very relaxing but not much to do. We went in May this year. Very good weather and much better rates than in-season. Try the Kitty Hawk Grill for lunch (it looks like a diner). Very good food prepared by two crazy chefs who own the place. Get there when it opens because the great specials go fast.
Not much to do is kinda my speed...on the beach cup of drank in my palm...at night, some of the best, fresh seafood restaurant and hands down some of the the best saltwater fishing in the country period. Also a hub for kite surfing and paddle boarding due to the sound.

this morning I was on the sound, glass water and a slight breeze, 79 degrees pulling in speckle trout and puppy drum on an inshore fishing rig...#islandlife.

He Gets Us
Old 09-28-2019, 02:32 PM   #45
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Going to Tucson in January. Cheap trip. Probably not a lot to do, but a lot of relaxing by the pool, and I'm ok with that.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote