AITAH: Am I the A**hole Here?

Parking Lot

Old 02-09-2021, 01:30 PM   #31
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
My lady always makes these passive aggressive comments. She doesnt even know she does it. Things like "its 2 am and you have work tomorrow in the morning".

Last night I decide Im going to have some hot dogs for dinner. So i put 3 in a pan and start to cook them. I was only going to eat 2 but I put a 3rd in there to see if she would say anything. So she comes sauntering in and I try to block her view of the pan. She tries to act like she not trying to see. She goes about 1 minute without saying anything but she is hovering around the kitchen so I know she wants to say something.

finally she cracks and she says "wow babe, 3 hot dogs, thats a lot". And I say "ha! you dumb bitch, i only put a 3rd on there just to see if youd say something and of course you did." I tell her I bet it was killing her not to say anything as soon as she came into the kitchen. She admits as much and said she couldnt take it anymore.

AITAH: Because I intentionally cooked an extra hot dog just to entrap her?

AITAH: Because my plan all along was to quickly eat 1 hot dog in the kitchen before then walking into the living room with 2 hot dogs pretending I only cooked 2? But since she came into the kitchen, had to like UNO the situation on her?

This made me lol literally. Every time i make food my wife surfaces and i see her looking. I have done the plate / pan block so many times. Now i just wait for her to glance and i say “can i help you ?” She then acts like she has no idea what I am talking about. Your post made my day man. LOL.
We are definitely ntah’s. They should mind their business. I dont care wtf she eats. Lol. This is a conversation i never thought id have. Im so happy that im not the only one who does the pan block. Ive gone as far to cover my plate with a paper or something until she disappears. Im totally showing her ur post tonight.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-09-2021, 01:34 PM   #32
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: AITAH: Am I the A**hole Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Do you like her? Never see anything positive about her lol.

You definitely are not married. Lol.
Old 02-09-2021, 01:35 PM   #33
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
This made me lol literally. Every time i make food my wife surfaces and i see her looking. I have done the plate / pan block so many times. Now i just wait for her to glance and i say “can i help you ?” She then acts like she has no idea what I am talking about. Your post made my day man. LOL.
My favorite part about cooking around my lady friend is when the kitchen doesn't look the exact same as it did when I went in there, and getting grief. It can be just as clean, but like the spatula might of got bumped and is facing the wrong direction. No good. Or forbid if you leave a fork in the sink, I might as well of dumped the trash bag on the floor. Anything, no matter how small = dumpster fire 🔥
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 01:36 PM   #34
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
To be fair, SS isn't either lol.
Old 02-09-2021, 01:38 PM   #35
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
My favorite part about cooking around my lady friend is when the kitchen doesn't look the exact same as it did when I went in there, and getting grief. It can be just as clean, but like the spatula might of got bumped and is facing the wrong direction. No good. Or forbid if you leave a fork in the sink, I might as well of dumped the trash bag on the floor. Anything, no matter how small = dumpster fire

LOL. Im your lady friend and you are my wife! Hahaha. Only my wife is actually a bit of a dumpster fire in the kitchen. My wife makes a piece of toast and it is like Thanksgiving dinner happened. She washes her hands at the sink and there is water everywhere. Literally on the wall and window. It is like a seal doing tricks with its flippers!
Oh yeah if she shakes salt over something on the counter i can chop lines off it after she leaves!
Old 02-09-2021, 01:40 PM   #36
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Well it sounds like he is. Lol. For the record i love my wife to death and am lucky to have her but after you put that ring on it is time to touch gloves.
Old 02-09-2021, 01:42 PM   #37
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
LOL. Im your lady friend and you are my wife! Hahaha. My wife makes a piece of toast and it is like Thanksgiving dinner happened. She washes her hands at the sink and there is water everywhere. Literally on the wall and window. It is like a seal doing tricks with its flippers!
That's pretty damn funny. You live in my bizzarro world.

Old 02-09-2021, 01:47 PM   #38
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
That's pretty damn funny. You live in my bizzarro world.

Such a great episode. Lol.
Old 02-09-2021, 01:49 PM   #39
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Such a great episode. Lol.
Definitely a great one...Feldman!!!!
Old 02-16-2021, 01:12 PM   #40
mredskins
MVP

Ok I have a decent AITAH:

Moved into a new to me house (17 year old) around Oct. Back of the house, a smaller bump out section, two sections of vinyl siding looked/were loose buckled out.

Call roof and siding guy. House needed gutters tighten up, shutters tighten up and the siding issue. Owner of company comes out show him the whole job quotes me XXX dollars of those XXX dollars i say he had the vinyl work listed at 75% of the cost; i am think oh that is a big part of this job.

Guy comes does the job and I notice super quick on the siding part of the job but it no longer looks loose in the two spots I pointed out. As a rule of thumb if you can do a job in half second and its done correctly and you charged me XXX so be it. A lot of folks are say the plumber was here for 10 seconds and fixed it but charged me XXX; I get it your a expert had to come out, etc... all that relates to dollars in your pocket. Again, if it takes you a second i don't care just do it right, actually i am more annoyed when they linger around for too long.

Fast forward to say December; notice on 20 mph plus days siding still shakes looks loose. Call up owner dude, he said no worries will revisit it.

Comes out today looks it over with expert siding guy; expert siding guy says large section needs to be removed and reattached. Owner guy gets a bit grumpy with me; i say i explained it all to you, you quoted me the price for the work and the invoice even shows the siding was the biggest part of the job.

Anywho, he says he will get it right but sure left at least in my mind that i some how tricked him or misinformed him.

I feel like i explained it all very clearly on the first quote; he is the expert i can only tell him what i saw and seen.

AITAH????
Old 02-16-2021, 04:22 PM   #41
SunnySide
Playmaker

Vinyl siding? That stuff is super cheap to repair. Im no siding expert but Ive had my siding bulge out a few times, onetime the wind ripped a piece out. My experience, sometimes it can just be popped back in. One time, the guy had to cut it down a bit bc he said it was too big/wasnt cut right the first time.

im guessing he quoted you assuming his worker would take the siding down, inspect and maybe trim or have to buy and trim a new piece. But when the worker got there, he just popped it back in without checking to see what the actual problem was.

So no youre not the asshole imo, if they quoted you more than $100 and did the cheap fix and not actually repair it. You could have popped it back in yourself in 2 mins assuming it was somewhere accessible. Of course, itd probably pop right back out in a week or month.

Cold weather shrinks vinyl. I should check my siding.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 04:30 PM   #42
mredskins
MVP

Vinyl siding is kind of a puzzle, sometimes it’s not as easy as popping a piece back in. Think of it as a game of Jenga.

Regardless you are right, we shall see if he comes back and does the fix. I am not chasing him down just won’t use him again or recommend.

Home repairs are the worst; just the whole process of trying to get them repaired and dealing with every sue dick and Harry, ugh.
Old 02-16-2021, 07:01 PM   #43
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Ok I have a decent AITAH:

Moved into a new to me house (17 year old) around Oct. Back of the house, a smaller bump out section, two sections of vinyl siding looked/were loose buckled out.

Call roof and siding guy. House needed gutters tighten up, shutters tighten up and the siding issue. Owner of company comes out show him the whole job quotes me XXX dollars of those XXX dollars i say he had the vinyl work listed at 75% of the cost; i am think oh that is a big part of this job.

Guy comes does the job and I notice super quick on the siding part of the job but it no longer looks loose in the two spots I pointed out. As a rule of thumb if you can do a job in half second and its done correctly and you charged me XXX so be it. A lot of folks are say the plumber was here for 10 seconds and fixed it but charged me XXX; I get it your a expert had to come out, etc... all that relates to dollars in your pocket. Again, if it takes you a second i don't care just do it right, actually i am more annoyed when they linger around for too long.

Fast forward to say December; notice on 20 mph plus days siding still shakes looks loose. Call up owner dude, he said no worries will revisit it.

Comes out today looks it over with expert siding guy; expert siding guy says large section needs to be removed and reattached. Owner guy gets a bit grumpy with me; i say i explained it all to you, you quoted me the price for the work and the invoice even shows the siding was the biggest part of the job.

Anywho, he says he will get it right but sure left at least in my mind that i some how tricked him or misinformed him.

I feel like i explained it all very clearly on the first quote; he is the expert i can only tell him what i saw and seen.

AITAH????
Remember MRedskins, you're not an asshole if you believe you're not.

Old 02-16-2021, 07:38 PM   #44
mredskins
MVP

Ha! Not sure how I lied to him but whatever.
Old 02-16-2021, 07:47 PM   #45
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Ha! Not sure how I lied to him but whatever.
I wasn't calling you a liar, I should have clarified. I was just saying you're not an asshole if you don't believe it (jokingly) (I'm on your side on this one). Should have put a little disclaimer on my original message. Basically replace what the GIF says with being the asshole. I like Seinfeld too much, tried to squeeze it in there without it making complete sense.

I am the asshole for not explaining better what I was going for there.