Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


House Cleaning put on hold....

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2019, 11:33 AM   #166
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,409
Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Cooley's Podcast Transcript:

Cooley: Linemen are afraid to get down field, they need to be more aggressive
Lady: Yeah, heheheh
Cooley: These analytics suck, they need quality control
Lady: Yeah, Yeah, hehehehe
Cooley: if your playing the redskins, you can key off these tendencies
Lady: ehehehehe, yeah, ehehehe
Lady: hehehehehe
Cooley: Window nation is awesome
Lady: yeah
Cooley: jay sucks
Lady: yeah
Lady: uhhhmmm yeah
Cooley: Tendency breaking...
Lady: ok, yeah


Cooley is so informative but listening to that podcast is brutal.
Did he just hire a middle school kid to say "yeah" every few minutes?
Yeah, i don't bother listening to cooley other than his guest appearances on Sheenhan's podcast. His own show is just too brutal. I do think he is a good talent evaluator, but I also think he is angling for a job in the front office, so i never trust him when it comes to his comments regarding the coaching staff or front office. I do trust his player evaluation skills though (for a radio guy).
__________________
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-21-2019, 07:17 PM   #167
Bishop Hammer
Special Teams
 
Bishop Hammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 313
Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Really donít give a fuck....skins, same ole exercise again and again
Yep, I've fallen in the same hole. At this point now I'm devoting all my Skins time to Airsoft. At least I will actually get some exercise doing that instead of watching others doing it.
__________________
I don't have to sell my soul
he's already in me
I don't need to sell my soul
he's already in me
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored

Stone Roses
"I wanna be adored"
Bishop Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:23 PM   #168
DYoungJelly
The Starter
 
DYoungJelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Clintwood, VA
Posts: 2,133
Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Yeah, i don't bother listening to cooley other than his guest appearances on Sheenhan's podcast. His own show is just too brutal. I do think he is a good talent evaluator, but I also think he is angling for a job in the front office, so i never trust him when it comes to his comments regarding the coaching staff or front office. I do trust his player evaluation skills though (for a radio guy).
Are you saying the the statistics he mentioned regarding tendencies are incorrect? If so, what are you basing it on?

If they are correct, they need no interpretation. Anyone can see a huge problem in play calling predictability.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 04:31 AM   #169
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 2,186
Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Cooley's Podcast Transcript:

Cooley: Linemen are afraid to get down field, they need to be more aggressive
Lady: Yeah, heheheh
Cooley: These analytics suck, they need quality control
Lady: Yeah, Yeah, hehehehe
Cooley: if your playing the redskins, you can key off these tendencies
Lady: ehehehehe, yeah, ehehehe
Lady: hehehehehe
Cooley: Window nation is awesome
Lady: yeah
Cooley: jay sucks
Lady: yeah
Lady: uhhhmmm yeah
Cooley: Tendency breaking...
Lady: ok, yeah


Cooley is so informative but listening to that podcast is brutal.
Did he just hire a middle school kid to say "yeah" every few minutes?
Yeah that kid has been for like 2 or 3 episodes now, it's hard to listen, but the film breakdowns are back so I'm listening again.
This is why Sheehan was such a great radio partner for Cooley, he knows how to run a show, when to joke and when to get back to football. His podcast is great.
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
FrenchSkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:37 AM   #170
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,674
Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Really donít give a fuck....skins, same ole exercise again and again
As noted by Doug Williams saying "we don't do scheme" is just another reason why all of these fucking terrible coaches, scouts and managers need to go.



https://thefandc.radio.com/redskins-...liams-comments



It's the same ole, same ole. Quite frankly, I don't even care about the 2019 coming up. We're going to be once again a team with a high salary cap, with mediocre players to show for it that ends up in a 7-9 season. These fucking morons never learn how to build a good team, but the sure as fuck know how to distract the kool aid drinkers.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:40 AM   #171
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 26,489
Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
As noted by Doug Williams saying "we don't do scheme" is just another reason why all of these fucking terrible coaches, scouts and managers need to go.



https://thefandc.radio.com/redskins-...liams-comments



It's the same ole, same ole. Quite frankly, I don't even care about the 2019 coming up. We're going to be once again a team with a high salary cap, with mediocre players to show for it that ends up in a 7-9 season. These fucking morons never learn how to build a good team, but the sure as fuck know how to distract the kool aid drinkers.

Doug is a cars salesman right now, as are all GM's and player guys. I think we need to calm down on this quote. Doug knows more football and player evaluations than most. I feel very confident in having him run the show.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:45 AM   #172
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,674
Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Doug is a cars salesman right now, as are all GM's and player guys. I think we need to calm down on this quote. Doug knows more football and player evaluations than most. I feel very confident in having him run the show.

Did you read the article or listen to it? People inside the building aren't even happy with Doug Williams for what he said.

Doug sucked at Tampa Bay, and he sucks here too.



Remove the entire lot of them.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:13 AM   #173
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 92,549
House Cleaning put on hold....

Iíll take Doug over Bruce all day at least we get some honesty out of Doug, and all heís saying is they look at talent over scheme I see nothing wrong with that.

I think itís hilarious some in the building think Doug is making them look bad, I mean really??


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:27 AM   #174
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 26,489
Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Did you read the article or listen to it? People inside the building aren't even happy with Doug Williams for what he said.

Doug sucked at Tampa Bay, and he sucks here too.



Remove the entire lot of them.
I'm fine with cleaning house too, just saying Doug is better than BA
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:28 AM   #175
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 2,186
Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Iíll take Doug over Bruce all day at least we get some honesty out of Doug, and all heís saying is they look at talent over scheme I see nothing wrong with that.

I think itís hilarious some in the building think Doug is making them look bad, I mean really??


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha good point. Scapegoating at its finest.
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
FrenchSkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:35 AM   #176
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,409
House Cleaning put on hold....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Haha good point. Scapegoating at its finest.


To be fair, Doug is really just a glorified figurehead so being a scapegoat is his main job.

If he hadnít been a great redskins QB and have ties to Tampa, he wouldnít have a job here.

Iím not saying heís worse than Bruce - just pointing out that theyíre both unqualified for their jobs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:35 PM   #177
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 2,186
Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Listening to the 54th episode of Cooley's podcast... At some point he tried to back down a little bit on the idea that Jay was "a bad play caller" (that the 2 previous episodes definitely strengthened) saying it was not "all on Jay"...
But then he's been on a rant for several minutes saying this offense looks like someone having no idea what they want to do with their house and trying to patch ideas of design and furniture they saw at their neighbours' houses and that in the end nothing matches with the rest and basically the house looks like an ugly mess...
This puts a good a image on the general feeling that this offense didn't have any flow to itself last year.
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
FrenchSkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 06:40 PM   #178
DYoungJelly
The Starter
 
DYoungJelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Clintwood, VA
Posts: 2,133
Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Listening to the 54th episode of Cooley's podcast... At some point he tried to back down a little bit on the idea that Jay was "a bad play caller" (that the 2 previous episodes definitely strengthened) saying it was not "all on Jay"...

But then he's been on a rant for several minutes saying this offense looks like someone having no idea what they want to do with their house and trying to patch ideas of design and furniture they saw at their neighbours' houses and that in the end nothing matches with the rest and basically the house looks like an ugly mess...

This puts a good a image on the general feeling that this offense didn't have any flow to itself last year.
Couldn't agree more.

Cooley is on the money with the tendencies and how our runs don't look anything like our passes so no defense is fooled on play action.

I wonder (total speculation) if Jay named Callahan as the run game coordinator because he knew how big an S show it was .

Sheehan has said Callahan and Jay were any arranged marriage many times.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:28 PM   #179
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 2,186
Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Couldn't agree more.

Cooley is on the money with the tendencies and how our runs don't look anything like our passes so no defense is fooled on play action.

I wonder (total speculation) if Jay named Callahan as the run game coordinator because he knew how big an S show it was .

Sheehan has said Callahan and Jay were any arranged marriage many times.


Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I don't know, but what I do know is I want Jay gone after next season.

On top of being a mediocre leader and motivator, he obviously doesn't know what he's scheming.
I think he does a good job of getting guys open in the passing game, but our running game's a joke and it's now clear that the offensive scheme as a whole doesn't make much sense.
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
FrenchSkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 03:32 PM   #180
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 5,028
Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Cooley's podcast episode 52 is a must listen.

He breaks down every normal 1st and 10 from 2018.

The tendencies and disjointed nature of the run and pass game are laughable.

Literally, any madden player would be able to do better from a tendency perspective.

A huge percentage of our running game is strong side duo and a zone play which is coached like a gap play (read Callahan) which is the equivalent to weak side duo.

Neither of which marries to play action.

There are unbelievable tendencies with personnel as well.

If you listen please confirm or correct this stat, but im pretty sure we were in 2nd and long (8 or more) 44% of the time.

Infuriating.

I'm not spending another dime on this shit show of a team til Bruce and Jay are gone.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
While it's nice to have confirmation from Cooley of what we already knew, I have little doubt that most of us here realize that Jay Gruden is the most predictable play caller that we have ever had here in Washington. Jay has no imagination whatsoever, his system sucks to begin with, and the design of our running game under Callahan just doesn't work. If we fans can call the plays before they happen, you have to know in your heart that Gruden and company are fooling absolutely nobody in the NFL. That should be obvious to all - even Dan Snyder.

And yet, Gruden gets another year to fail once again. Why? Because the owner is clueless, which is why the team president is clueless, which is why the head coach is clueless.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.20037 seconds with 10 queries