Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Has Anyone Else Completely Lost Faith In The Government?

Debating with the enemy

Old 05-06-2014, 08:47 PM   #151
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: Has Anyone Else Completely Lost Faith In The Government?

It's amazing that five single people can single handed do more harm to this country than all of Congress and Presidents combined. So much for checks and balances. Let's review the bullshit our SCOTUS has given us the past year.

1) Allowing "Christian" prayers before city council meetings. Ruled 5-4.

High court ruling favors prayer at council meeting

2) Declaring that corporations were in fact citizens and money is speech. Ruled 5-4.

Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3) Struck down key parts of the Voting Rights Act. Ruled 5-4.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...-act.html?_r=0

How is it assholes are allowed to sit up in the SC for eternity doing insane damage to our country? Where are the checks and balances of getting these people out? Why is it the same 5 suspects generally ruling against the people. This isn't about law, this is about politics. What's the difference between what these bozos are doing and treason? I'll tell you. Nothing.

How is this asshole Scalia allowed to still continue to rule on the Supreme Court? What the fuck??

Supreme Court Corrects Scalia’s ‘Cringeworthy’ Error in Pollution Case - Law Blog - WSJ

Quote:
“Either some law clerk made the mistake and Scalia failed to read his own dissent carefully enough, or he simply forgot the basics of the earlier case and his clerks failed to correct him. Either way, it’s a cringeworthy blunder,” wrote University of California-Berkeley law professor Daniel Farber.

Also, look at this shit. Notice the conservative judges shit on most of the rulings involving "liberal" free speech, but not conservative free speech. The liberal judges are about equal in their rulings.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/06/us...gree-with.html

Are there people I wish that drop dead? Most certainly and Scalia is at the tops of my list. Fuck this asshole and fuck this messed up system. It's sad that more damage has been done to this country by 5 judges than has been done by any terrorist.

It's ok JR. I still got lots of love and respect for the work you do. There are still honest people with integrity in this world. Keep fighting that good fight.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-06-2014, 09:07 PM   #152
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

I agree, NC_Skins, it's absurd.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:53 AM   #153
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Supreme Court upholds legislative prayer at council meetings - The Washington Post

Good , it will do no harm to anyone .
Old 05-07-2014, 09:22 AM   #154
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

It perpetuates wishful thinking and makes those that are of a different or no faith feel oppressed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Old 05-07-2014, 10:41 AM   #155
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
It perpetuates wishful thinking and makes those that are of a different or no faith feel oppressed.

I am not going to lie. I have been at teachers conferences sponsored and paid for by the state where prayers have opened meals and sessions and it makes me feel very uneasy.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:14 PM   #156
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

It should do, it's medieval thinking. Why anyone would think it's acceptable is completely irrational.

Old 05-23-2014, 08:36 AM   #157
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

House Votes To Deny Climate Science And Ties Pentagon's Hands On Climate Change | ThinkProgress

/sighs
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 02:43 PM   #158
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Facebook tells DEA: Stop impersonating users - Oct. 20, 2014

To me this is criminal

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:49 AM   #159
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Another fence jumper. It seems to me to be a bit higher than average. What is interesting to me is the constraint by secret service on these individuals, not a single one has been shot at by ss.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 10:18 AM   #160
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Yeah a little disturbing to say the least
Old 10-23-2014, 11:39 PM   #161
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

The only thing I will say is that, I never had faith in our government. America has been going in the toilet for a while now, and people are just starting to notice.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:53 AM   #162
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
The only thing I will say is that, I never had faith in our government. America has been going in the toilet for a while now, and people are just starting to notice.
Yeah, a good example of "why" is the Redskins name debate.

Society is focused on a name, not the real issues of native americans. Its tragic. You think a big of rich liberal men give a shit about the poverty rate and substance abuse of that community?

Focusing on the heavy lifting isnt for this/our generation, too soft.

He Gets Us
Old 10-28-2014, 10:42 AM   #163
Avinash_Tyagi
Special Teams

Quote:
Yeah, a good example of "why" is the Redskins name debate.

Society is focused on a name, not the real issues of native americans. Its tragic. You think a big of rich liberal men give a shit about the poverty rate and substance abuse of that community?

Focusing on the heavy lifting isnt for this/our generation, too soft.
If conservatives were really concerned about the poverty rate and substance abuse and other issues plaguing a lot of communities (not just native americans), they wouldn't be all about preventing the creation of high paying jobs with infrastructure programs, cutting social programs which benefit the poor, preventing the raising of the minimum wage and preventing steps to reduce the cost of higher education.

Education, higher wage paying jobs and beneficial social programs would solve all those issues (infrastructure would bring back middle class jobs that don't require a college degree, and reducing the cost of education would make it easier for the younger generation in these groups to get higher education).

But conservatives aren't actually about solving issues, they just like the wedge politics these issues create.

Also before you argue that Minimum wage will kill jobs, empirical evidence from studies of increased minimum wages shows that minimum wage increases are not job killers, in fact the people lifted out of poverty turn around and spend the extra money leading to more economic activity and more jobs, due to the extra demand.

And before you argue that we don't have the money, the spending on infrastructure will result in a stronger economy, with more higher wage jobs, especially from the infrastructure spending and more people with higher education, meaning more tax revenue, which will in fact make it easier to close the deficit and even generate a surplus. Plus as more people have high paying jobs, the burden on social programs will drop allowing the government to reduce spending in those areas without leaving people high and dry.
Avinash_Tyagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 02:16 PM   #164
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_Tyagi View Post
If conservatives were really concerned about the poverty rate and substance abuse and other issues plaguing a lot of communities (not just native americans), they wouldn't be all about preventing the creation of high paying jobs with infrastructure programs, cutting social programs which benefit the poor, preventing the raising of the minimum wage and preventing steps to reduce the cost of higher education.

Education, higher wage paying jobs and beneficial social programs would solve all those issues (infrastructure would bring back middle class jobs that don't require a college degree, and reducing the cost of education would make it easier for the younger generation in these groups to get higher education).

But conservatives aren't actually about solving issues, they just like the wedge politics these issues create.

Also before you argue that Minimum wage will kill jobs, empirical evidence from studies of increased minimum wages shows that minimum wage increases are not job killers, in fact the people lifted out of poverty turn around and spend the extra money leading to more economic activity and more jobs, due to the extra demand.

And before you argue that we don't have the money, the spending on infrastructure will result in a stronger economy, with more higher wage jobs, especially from the infrastructure spending and more people with higher education, meaning more tax revenue, which will in fact make it easier to close the deficit and even generate a surplus. Plus as more people have high paying jobs, the burden on social programs will drop allowing the government to reduce spending in those areas without leaving people high and dry.
im for a raise in mininum wage to a certain extent and a rise in educational spending. Infrastructure spending is notorious pork-infested, so im not for that as much.

But your right about high paying jobs, thats where your god-like president has failed miserably...i mean terribly. buck stops with him right? Why hasnt he been able to create high paying jobs?

He Gets Us
Old 10-28-2014, 04:06 PM   #165
Avinash_Tyagi
Special Teams

Quote:
im for a raise in mininum wage to a certain extent and a rise in educational spending. Infrastructure spending is notorious pork-infested, so im not for that as much.

But your right about high paying jobs, thats where your god-like president has failed miserably...i mean terribly. buck stops with him right? Why hasnt he been able to create high paying jobs?
Even pork projects create jobs, however if you're truly worried about pork there could be a board of people from public and private sector as well as engineers/architects/city planners/etc. to decide how the money is distributed.

Also You can argue that the buck stops with the President, but that's not how our political system works.

the Congress must pass laws and bills, the President can only execute laws (he has limited executive action powers, but that is not anything like a law or bill).

Until congress actually decides to play ball on the issues he can do little.

Remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyeJ55o3El0
Avinash_Tyagi is offline   Reply With Quote