Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

F... recurring dreams

Parking Lot

Old 12-02-2006, 12:11 AM   #1
MTK
\m/

F... recurring dreams

I have a few recurring dreams that I have time to time. Lately I've been dreaming of tigers or lions. They never chase me, I'll just see them walking down the street or something and I'm like holy shit there's a tiger! The last big cat dream I had I was choking a lion, weird.

I also have dreams of being in an elevator that's shaky and bumpy as all hell, and it feels like it's going to break loose at any moment and fall, it never does though. And even though I know the elevator is going to be shaky, I always get in it anyway.

And then there's always the good old I'm late for class or work dreams. I think those are pretty common though. The last one like that I had I showed up to class on the last day and we had this big presentation to do, and I turned to the person next to me and I was like damn I'm not ready for this at all, I didn't even know we had to do this! I just sat there sweating as people went up one by one and did their presentation. Thankfully I woke up before it was my turn.

I do have occasional Redskins related dreams. It's usually I've forgotten the game is on and I finally remember to turn it on and it's already over. I'm always so bummed out.

Anyone else have any weird recurring dreams?

Advertisements
Old 12-02-2006, 12:46 AM   #2
EternalEnigma21
Assistant Regional Mod

Re: F... recurring dreams

I have a nightmare about my daughter falling into a tub of hot oil and frying... its pretty graphic and I pull her out alive and she's in shock and smiles at me while sucking her thumb (which she doesn't even do) because she can't feel anything i guess...

her skin falls off where I touch her and she has no hair on her body and blood oozes from places and she's beaming up at me in a daze...

Its the most horrific thing I have ever experienced, and I've dreamed it several times. I always wake up balling and in hysterics....

other than that, though.... no...

I wish I had recurring dreams of lions and shit... that would be fun..
Old 12-02-2006, 12:32 PM   #3
MTK
\m/

Damn dude that's a horrible dream
Old 12-02-2006, 12:46 PM   #4
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by canthetuna View Post
I have a nightmare about my daughter falling into a tub of hot oil and frying... its pretty graphic and I pull her out alive and she's in shock and smiles at me while sucking her thumb (which she doesn't even do) because she can't feel anything i guess...

her skin falls off where I touch her and she has no hair on her body and blood oozes from places and she's beaming up at me in a daze...

Its the most horrific thing I have ever experienced, and I've dreamed it several times. I always wake up balling and in hysterics....

Holly shit, that's the most f'ed up dream I have ever heard.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 03:01 PM   #5
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Holly shit, that's the most f'ed up dream I have ever heard.
Seriously. Deep fried babies?
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 03:14 PM   #6
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:

Wow, easy on the details, Captain Bringdown.

I have a recurring dream where I can swim in the air. It's as if the world is a giant swimming pool where you can swim up above everything and look down, and to get places you swim there, it basically feels like flying except I have to swim to move around. But it doesn't feel like I'm in water, it feels like regular air. I'm not wet, and I can breathe normally. But everyone else has to walk and stuff like normal. It's a fantastic dream. Once I dreamt I swam up above a baseball game and watched from overhead. I wake up feeling really happy whenever I have that dream.

I don't know where this comes from. I'm no psychologist, but I've always thought that maybe I was at my happiest when I was swimming. (I used to be on high school and college swim teams and stuff).

I also have a recurring dream where college graduation is in a couple weeks, and finals are coming up, but I have been skipping this one class all semester, and I have no idea where my grade stands or if I have a chance to pull a passing grade. That one's stressful.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:21 PM   #7
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

Quote:

ahhhhhhhhhhh (pulling hair out of my own head)...

that's awful..

I've had some pretty graphic terrible dreams... but atleast they don't re-occur.

man... thats intense...
-------------------

Usually dreams like that are based on anxieties (not going to psychoanalyze here) but it makes sense to have anxieties about loved ones, work, etc...

I always get this dream where Robots are crushing the world, trying to destroy all the cities. The robots look like those things from x-men.

So... I'm this rebel underground that's been chosen to defeat them. I develop an awesome plan with a huge underground movement backing me up. I was going to put little nukes in their heads to defeat them.

However for some reason, they grow twice the size because of the nukes. I watch in horror as they get huge and keep destroying. I usually wake up there and start laughing, but deep down inside, I still wait for the day to defeat them.

(i watched way too many cartoons as a child)
Old 12-02-2006, 03:54 PM   #8
724Skinsfan
Playmaker

I have a reoccurring dream about once a week where I think our little one is in bed with us and either my wife or myself has rolled over on top of him and I'm frantically looking for him. I always wake up in the middle of it still looking for him until I realize I was just dreaming. The funny thing about having the dream is that we have never put him in bed with us, even when he was a newborn he was placed in his crib.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:46 PM   #9
BrudLee
Playmaker

I think all those dreams mean that you are teh gay.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:43 PM   #10
dmek25
MVP

these dreams mean you guys are eating too much before bedtime
Old 12-02-2006, 05:56 PM   #11
EternalEnigma21
Assistant Regional Mod

[quote=Schneed10;254188]
I have a recurring dream where I can swim in the air. quote]

Sorry about the graphic details, but it kinda sets the tone... its a graphic dream and it always upsets me, but it does help remind me that anything can happen at any time and so I think it helps me be more patient with my 3 year old...

I used to have a dream similar to the one about the swimming thing... I would be walking on a path with loved ones and I would try to run ahead of them, and I would lift off the ground and swim a bit, but then I would just get stuck, hovering in the air off the ground until the people I was walking with (different people in the dreams) caught up and let me down to walk with them again....

weird...
Old 12-02-2006, 06:22 PM   #12
dall-assblows
The Starter

when my sisters used to take showers while i was sleeping, they would make the most scary noises with there feet against the shower floor, almost like a gorilla. so i'm in this dream about riding a bear around the jungle and i here the most horrific sound of gorillas or killler monkeys ever (my sisters feet against the shower floor). i could never see the monkeys but they always made my bear run away and i'm stuck in the middle of nowhere. this happened several times but not with the same setting.

talk about wierd
Old 12-02-2006, 06:46 PM   #13
Duffman003
Impact Rookie

i just always have dreams of cops chasing me
Old 12-02-2006, 06:57 PM   #14
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

You guys ever have dreams where you're hitting someone but it feels like you can never hit them fast? It's like your punches are in slow motion.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:22 PM   #15
dall-assblows
The Starter

how bout those dreams that you have a shit load of money, or something you really want. and you wake up and your like "shit".

or how bout those dreams your falling and hit the groun and your body just jolts, or when you get shot and your body jolts.