Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Chargers)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-03-2010, 08:17 PM   #1
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Chargers)

Finally...the last smackdown of the season

Our Running Game I know they were in a tough spot but I was hoping one of our guys-Ganther or Mason specifically-would step up and at least be someone we could depend on to be part of the rotation in 2010. But they really haven't shown enough...and they can't block either. We need Jonathan Dwyer...

Eff it...here's to the 2010

Advertisements
Old 01-03-2010, 08:25 PM   #2
Big C
Mr. Brightside

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Chargers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post

Our Running Game I know they were in a tough spot but I was hoping one of our guys-Ganther or Mason specifically-would step up and at least be someone we could depend on to be part of the rotation in 2010. But they really haven't shown enough...and they can't block either. We need Jonathan Dwyer...

dwyer or gerhart. a big monster who can break tackles. but yeah we have had a terrible running game all year. nothing much else we can say about what went wrong, weve been saying the same thing all season.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
Redskins8588
Playmaker

Quote:

I couldn't agree more!!! Our starters couldn't beat their backups... PITIFUL!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 08:53 PM   #4
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Quote:

I honestly was kinda of impressed this year by Gainther as a whole... not like he NEEDS to be here next year type of impressed, but I thought he was OK overall....

Smackdown on Justin Tryon... I mean in hindsight, we needed to lose today, in the long run, its much better...but you had the game won, in your hands and you dropped it. Its crap like that which is why we're 4-12. Not that we dont have a slew of other problems, but god forbid this game was to get into the playoffs and you drop and interception like that.... really all DB's...just catch the f**king football.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #5
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Hopefully Shanahan works his running back magic right away.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:17 PM   #6
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Not being a homer but folks this team will be much better next year, I gurantee it. Shanahan will bring his run style and playaction offense. Idk about drafting a rb too early but I could see him bringing in a fa rb.. Maybe mike bell or jerrious norwood.. Campbell will be gone and it seems like he wants to leave anyway, you could see his reaction after the game. Our d will be improved and if we get zimmer it could be a top 5 defense. I'm not saying we are a playoff team next year but I guarantee we won't be 4-12!!
Old 01-03-2010, 09:20 PM   #7
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Bruce Allen: We haven't won a single game since you took over as Executive VP GM Warlock of the Dead Sea!!!! Bring back Vinny, he's won 12 games since 2008.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:23 PM   #8
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
I honestly was kinda of impressed this year by Gainther as a whole... not like he NEEDS to be here next year type of impressed, but I thought he was OK overall....

Smackdown on Justin Tryon... I mean in hindsight, we needed to lose today, in the long run, its much better...but you had the game won, in your hands and you dropped it. Its crap like that which is why we're 4-12. Not that we dont have a slew of other problems, but god forbid this game was to get into the playoffs and you drop and interception like that.... really all DB's...just catch the f**king football.
Yep -- we're last in the NFL in takeaways. But that's been a problem going back to Gregg Williams first year here (and perhaps even before that).

Add that to the fact that we didn't score one -- not one -- defensive touchdown all year. It's just indicative of a defense that never was as good as we all thought.

We simply do not have dynamic playmakers on either side of the ball.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:26 PM   #9
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

^ our only dynamic player on d is hall, on offense it used be moss but he's getting older.. Hey maybe we can draft mccluster or spiller... O wait we need oline and a qb also!!
Old 01-03-2010, 09:49 PM   #10
Meks
Pro Bowl

hall cant cover for shit.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #11
mlmdub130
Playmaker

smoot and tryon seriously had to be two of the worst drops fro int's ever the one to smoot damn near hit him square in the head, and the one to tryon hit him right in the chest, we need some db's that can catch

i think gatnher could be a solid backup next year if his blocking improves. he hits the hole hard

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:31 PM   #12
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Hopefully Shanahan works his running back magic right away.
Agreed. I could run for a 1,000 yards in his offense. He turns crap to gold all the time with RBs. I would LOVE to have a CJ Spiller on this team, but I think we'll be better served not drafting a RB too early.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:37 PM   #13
Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Not being a homer but folks this team will be much better next year, I gurantee it. Shanahan will bring his run style and playaction offense. Idk about drafting a rb too early but I could see him bringing in a fa rb.. Maybe mike bell or jerrious norwood.. Campbell will be gone and it seems like he wants to leave anyway, you could see his reaction after the game. Our d will be improved and if we get zimmer it could be a top 5 defense. I'm not saying we are a playoff team next year but I guarantee we won't be 4-12!!

I am... I expect nothingless than the playoff's..... We have Superbowl caliber D, and with some tweeks, we should win at least 11 hard fought games.....
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:42 PM   #14
Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
dwyer or gerhart. a big monster who can break tackles. but yeah we have had a terrible running game all year. nothing much else we can say about what went wrong, weve been saying the same thing all season.
Whats this Hard on with Gerhart, lol, If you think this is John Riggins in the making, trust me he is not.....(John Riggins is never walking through those doors.... those days are over) Gerhart at best is a 5th 6th Round FB, he is not going to come in and save no franchise, and he is not good enough to be in any rotation.....in the NFL, so get over it the guy is a at best... college stud..... that doesnt translate t the NFL
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:46 PM   #15
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Whats this Hard on with Gerhart, lol, If you think this is John Riggins in the making, trust me he is not.....(John Riggins is never walking through those doors.... those days are over) Gerhart at best is a 5th 6th Round FB, he is not going to come in and save no franchise, and he is not good enough to be in any rotation.....in the NFL, so get over it the guy is a at best... college stud..... that doesnt translate t the NFL
Tebow in the first/Gerhart in the second.