Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Thread Hell


SBF Is On "Vacation"

Thread Hell


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2006, 01:08 PM   #31
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,453
Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

The 'Peace Mike' was classic.
12thMan is offline  

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2006, 01:16 PM   #32
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 26
Posts: 8,606
Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umberto View Post
I am a new member and really hope I will not get treated the way SBF treated some of you based on the above message from moderator...
Umberto
I dont think you will be treated the same.

On a side note:"Do you know what they call a shark in spanish? UMBERTO!!!"(poker reference, I love that guy lol).
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline  
Old 09-21-2006, 01:42 PM   #33
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
First of all, I do not know about the previous things, but I think this was instigated by you TAF, no offense. In that thread in the Parking Lot, you came out and attacked him. Granted it was not something someone should be offended by, I think you kinda brought up the situation. Now I personally do not know the other statements he made in the past, but I am judging it off of the "terrorists" thread, and I do not think that is enough for a ban. And even if he is a bit too sensative, like about us not joking around on a Skins forum, whatever.

I could be wrong, because I do not know all of his posts, but I think this is a bit too much. I think its awesome, TAF, that you made this open so everyone can put their opinion into it. As the great Borat says, "I lieee-k".

With that being said, I do not think SBF will return. He does not seem like that kinda person that would take rejection and come back. I will miss the BBQ and the "peace mike".
I see. Well, last year he was upset by something. I don't remember what off-hand. I think someone made some Jesus joke. And he called us mods jerks and Nazis for not handling the matter. We replied that none of us had been on line during the past 24 hours and that we would handle it (which we did) and that in the future he should PM us first. So we thought everything was cool. Shortly thereafter we moved one of his redskins merchandise threads from the locker room to the redskins gear forum. I think Matty who did it, but he innocently forgot to tell SBF. So SBF started another thread once again declaring us Nazis and jerks for deleting his thread. We told him we only moved it and apologized for not notifying him and once again please address this in private.

Then came the infamous Sports Illustrated thread, where we teased him about posting a duplicate thread. He got all upset saying he came here for Redskins talk. So I moved into the Parking Lot, in retrospect I should have just locked the thread but I didn't see the harm in just joking around. Once again, he publicly called us Nazis and jerks. We exchanged a couple of PMs everything seemed to be ok. But it was made clear to him that he had now been warned yet again not to do this in public. He scoffed at this, probably figuring there was no way he would ever be banned.

I did not intend to attack him in any way in that terrorist thread, just playfully teasing him. He went off the deep end. I mean for crying out loud, we had a whole "Impersonations" thread where we all teased each other. I mean in that very thread jamf cracked on me. I didn't erupt, I know he's only kidding. It was all harmless fun. He went off the deep end.

And let me just make clear that, unless it's a spammer, the mods don't ban anyone without discussing with other mods, especially Matty. In this instance, because I am at the forefront of it to the rest of you I guess I have taken on the role of the bad guy or the "asshole" as I have been privately told. If that's the case, so be it. Being a mod entails having to play that role sometimes. None of the mods were chosen to protect individual members. We're here to protect the whole community.

We're all aware and appreciative of the contributions SBF has made, and hopefully again will make to the board. That's why I felt it necessary to break protocol and explain the decision to everyone.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 09-21-2006, 01:50 PM   #34
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 26
Posts: 8,606
Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS View Post
I see. Well, last year he was upset by something. I don't remember what off-hand. I think someone made some Jesus joke. And he called us mods jerks and Nazis for not handling the matter. We replied that none of us had been on line during the past 24 hours and that we would handle it (which we did) and that in the future he should PM us first. So we thought everything was cool. Shortly thereafter we moved one of his redskins merchandise threads from the locker room to the redskins gear forum. I think Matty who did it, but he innocently forgot to tell SBF. So SBF started another thread once again declaring us Nazis and jerks for deleting his thread. We told him we only moved it and apologized for not notifying him and once again please address this in private.

Then came the infamous Sports Illustrated thread, where we teased him about posting a duplicate thread. He got all upset saying he came here for Redskins talk. So I moved into the Parking Lot, in retrospect I should have just locked the thread but I didn't see the harm in just joking around. Once again, he publicly called us Nazis and jerks. We exchanged a couple of PMs everything seemed to be ok. But it was made clear to him that he had now been warned yet again not to do this in public. He scoffed at this, probably figuring there was no way he would ever be banned.

I did not intend to attack him in any way in that terrorist thread, just playfully teasing him. He went off the deep end. I mean for crying out loud, we had a whole "Impersonations" thread where we all teased each other. I mean in that very thread jamf cracked on me. I didn't erupt, I know he's only kidding. It was all harmless fun. He went off the deep end.

And let me just make clear that, unless it's a spammer, the mods don't ban anyone without discussing with other mods, especially Matty. In this instance, because I am at the forefront of it to the rest of you I guess I have taken on the role of the bad guy or the "asshole" as I have been privately told. If that's the case, so be it. Being a mod entails having to play that role sometimes. None of the mods were chosen to protect individual members. We're here to protect the whole community.

We're all aware and appreciative of the contributions SBF has made, and hopefully again will make to the board. That's why I felt it necessary to break protocol and explain the decision to everyone.
I was not aware of all the other things that he did in the past. My bad.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline  
Old 09-21-2006, 01:54 PM   #35
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,453
Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

With all that being said, TAF, SBF didn't seem like a nominal member. He was loyal and a contributor. I can say it appeared to me that this site was a very intregal part of his life too. Maybe I'm reading too much into this. And I understand that you just can't let members do what they want. Afterall, we're grown ass men here.
12thMan is offline  
Old 09-21-2006, 01:55 PM   #36
Playmaker
 
cpayne5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,807
Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS View Post
I did not intend to attack him in any way in that terrorist thread, just playfully teasing him. He went off the deep end. I mean for crying out loud, we had a whole "Impersonations" thread where we all teased each other. I mean in that very thread jamf cracked on me. I didn't erupt, I know he's only kidding. It was all harmless fun. He went off the deep end.
Strikes 1 & 2 are acceptable. Strike 3 really seems to be a stretch.

I agree w/ hooskins. It really does seem that SBF was provoked in this instance. He posted a harmless thread and then was made fun of. Yes everybody teases eachother every now and then, but given the circumstances, and the way in which your paths have crossed in the past, I believe that it was not wise to post what you did. Hindsight is always 20/20, though.

He may have gone "off the deep end", but I think he was led to the edge this time.
cpayne5 is offline  
Old 09-21-2006, 01:57 PM   #37
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

He's not a nominal member. And hopefully he'll come back. Look, let me use ExOffender and BMF21 as examples if I may. Both were given temp bans and came back and we've had no problems with either.

Maybe it was a mistake to break protocol and discuss our decisions publicly. Because I'm aware of the irony of saying he should have handled this privately and then addressing this publicly.

If another mod wants to lock, feel free
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 09-21-2006, 01:59 PM   #38
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

I don't know anything, and I don't read all the posts.

However, in my opinion, TAFKAS (and the other moderators) has always been fair.

(I hope SBF comes back, and I think he will)
GhettoDogAllStars is offline  
Old 09-21-2006, 02:00 PM   #39
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 34
Posts: 9,841
Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

This is ridiculously funny and sad, all at the same time. There are several people in here I have dueled with (booing people come to mind) but in the end I give up because deep down inside, I'm really a lazy bastard.

Mommy, why isn't everyone like me? I'm I special?
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline  
Old 09-21-2006, 02:01 PM   #40
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5 View Post
Strikes 1 & 2 are acceptable. Strike 3 really seems to be a stretch.

I agree w/ hooskins. It really does seem that SBF was provoked in this instance. He posted a harmless thread and then was made fun of. Yes everybody teases eachother every now and then, but given the circumstances, and the way in which your paths have crossed in the past, I believe that it was not wise to post what you did. Hindsight is always 20/20, though.

He may have gone "off the deep end", but I think he was led to the edge this time.
Well I apologized to him and he ignored the apology. Most people don't get four warnings though.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 09-21-2006, 02:03 PM   #41
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
This is ridiculously funny and sad, all at the same time. There are several people in here I have dueled with (booing people come to mind) but in the end I give up because deep down inside, I'm really a lazy bastard.

Mommy, why isn't everyone like me? I'm I special?
Not to change the subject but you're only 27? Man all this time I thought you were like 35 for some reason. It's irrelevant just something I noticed for the first time

And yes, you are special
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 09-21-2006, 02:04 PM   #42
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 26
Posts: 8,606
Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

UMBERTOOO!

Sorry lol. This thread is super serious.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline  
Old 09-21-2006, 02:04 PM   #43
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 79,442
Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

I have no problem discussing things like this in the open.

But what I think everyone needs to realize here is you don't have all the facts.

You just don't fully understand what has gone on behind the scenes.

We gave SBF a longer leash than we would ever normally give anyone since he was a long time and valuable contributor to the site.

A part of me is pissed at SBF for basically making us ban him. When you flat out disrespect the mod staff in public and behind the scenes, and you do this repeatedly and disregard all warnings, I'm sorry but that's just not the kind of behavior that will be tolerated.

Not today and not tomorrow... by anyone.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 09-21-2006, 02:05 PM   #44
Playmaker
 
BrudLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rehoboth Beach, DE
Posts: 3,494
Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

It's wide open, let it stay there.

SBF is by every mention a good human being, a solid Redskins fan, and a contributor to this site. However, it isn't his, so he has to follow someone else's rules when posting here. Those rules are set forth and agreed upon when every member joins. As a moderator and friggin' genius, I must enforce them. Calling any moderator a "Nazi" for doing so is wildly immature - and I know "immature".

I hope SBF comes back, and can post with the clarity and resonsibility he has shown in the past. If he cannot, there are 2575 other members on this site, and we are growing each day.
__________________
There's nowhere to go but up. Or down. I guess we could stay where we are, too.
BrudLee is offline  
Old 09-21-2006, 02:07 PM   #45
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS View Post
Not to change the subject but you're only 27? Man all this time I thought you were like 35 for some reason.
probably from all that talk about his hair thinning and whatnot
GhettoDogAllStars is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.35094 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25