Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Thread Hell


SBF Is On "Vacation"

Thread Hell


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2006, 04:19 PM   #121
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
There are definitely ways around it (anonymizer and such) but one eventually tires of registering and getting banned over and over again.
So...how many times have you been banned?
GhettoDogAllStars is offline  

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2006, 04:28 PM   #122
Special Teams
 
rome108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 125
Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsisgod View Post
What kind of loser would you have to be to do that?
I don't know if you would have to be a loser, maybe somebody who's just really pissed and felt they got the shaft. If they don't care enough to get banned, maybe they don't care enough to screw around and raise hell.
rome108 is offline  
Old 09-21-2006, 04:41 PM   #123
Playmaker
 
gibbsisgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 129 W 81st street
Age: 35
Posts: 3,503
Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rome108 View Post
I don't know if you would have to be a loser, maybe somebody who's just really pissed and felt they got the shaft. If they don't care enough to get banned, maybe they don't care enough to screw around and raise hell.
OK, yeah i'll buy that.
gibbsisgod is offline  
Old 09-21-2006, 05:19 PM   #124
Playmaker
 
illdefined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: nyc
Age: 38
Posts: 2,631
Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

SBF and i used to have heated battles around election time. he was quick with the Kerry/Gay jokes. politically correct he certainly wasn't. i know he would've liked reading that.
__________________
a fan. not a cheerleader.
illdefined is offline  
Old 09-21-2006, 06:04 PM   #125
The Starter
 
joecrisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 1,501
Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

I think it's a fitting tribute to SBF's official ban thread that there were like six pages of honest, heartfelt dialogue about his ban, how much we like him, we hope he'll come back, he's a great guy... and then seven hijacked pages of 'scat'.

Seriously though, I do think SBF is a great guy, I think he contributes tremendously to the 'communal' appeal of this place, and I really hope he comes back. It would be a damned shame to lose a devoted Redskins fan and longtime Warpath member like him.

But I very much support the ban, and I would expect the mods to do no less to me if I were to behave in a manner that warranted it. In this case, I think SBF's actions did warrant a temporary ban, if for no other reason than I think SBF needed to just get away from the site for a while and cool down a bit. That's really the purpose of temporary bans, moreso than as some kind of symbolic punitive act.
__________________
Joe Crisp covered Redskins camps for TheWarpath.net for three years. He also covered Redskins Training Camp 2005 for The Daily Progress.
joecrisp is offline  
Old 09-21-2006, 06:07 PM   #126
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecrisp View Post
I think it's a fitting tribute to SBF's official ban thread that there were like six pages of honest, heartfelt dialogue about his ban, how much we like him, we hope he'll come back, he's a great guy... and then seven hijacked pages of 'scat'.

Seriously though, I do think SBF is a great guy, I think he contributes tremendously to the 'communal' appeal of this place, and I really hope he comes back. It would be a damned shame to lose a devoted Redskins fan and longtime Warpath member like him.

But I very much support the ban, and I would expect the mods to do no less to me if I were to behave in a manner that warranted it. In this case, I think SBF's actions did warrant a temporary ban, if for no other reason than I think SBF needed to just get away from the site for a while and cool down a bit. That's really the purpose of temporary bans, moreso than as some kind of symbolic punitive act.

A joecrisp siteing!!!!

(see the thread "ModRoast" in the Parking Lot to understand)
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline  
Old 09-21-2006, 06:16 PM   #127
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,245
Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

man, i seem to miss all the drama :/

usually i just move on to the next thread once the old one's e-angst threshold has been surpassed. I do think that some mods can pile on a bit more than necessary (sometimes its a joke, other times though, it's a purposeful dig).


thicker skin, more patience, a better world for our children, blah blah blah.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is online now  
Old 09-21-2006, 06:53 PM   #128
Playmaker
 
onlydarksets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: all up in your business
Posts: 2,693
Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
man, i seem to miss all the drama :/

usually i just move on to the next thread once the old one's e-angst threshold has been surpassed. I do think that some mods can pile on a bit more than necessary (sometimes its a joke, other times though, it's a purposeful dig).


thicker skin, more patience, a better world for our children, blah blah blah.
Yeah, you really need to start participating more
__________________
Stop reading my signature.
onlydarksets is offline  
Old 09-21-2006, 07:17 PM   #129
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,439
Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

did anyone take him up on his offer of calling his cell to argue with him?
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline  
Old 09-21-2006, 07:24 PM   #130
The Starter
 
steveo395's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,674
Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
did anyone take him up on his offer of calling his cell to argue with him?
someone should prank call him
__________________

steveo395 is offline  
Old 09-21-2006, 08:05 PM   #131
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,584
Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecrisp View Post
I think it's a fitting tribute to SBF's official ban thread that there were like six pages of honest, heartfelt dialogue about his ban, how much we like him, we hope he'll come back, he's a great guy... and then seven hijacked pages of 'scat'.
Did someone say scat?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 09-21-2006, 08:09 PM   #132
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

weeeee bop bop bada bop ... LOL
GhettoDogAllStars is offline  
Old 09-21-2006, 09:20 PM   #133
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,439
Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo395 View Post
someone should prank call him

lololol best idea ever, some1 really should
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline  
Old 09-21-2006, 09:54 PM   #134
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

Okay, I left work at five...went and had several beers. Met a very interesting lady, and now I'm home. This friggin' thread is still going??

SBF if you're out there, man, just do your time and come the eff back! C'mon man...just let the shit go.

Oh yeah, one more thing....if you jump ship and go to Extremes.com or whatever they call, I personally hunting you down!!
12thMan is offline  
Old 09-21-2006, 10:05 PM   #135
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,584
Re: SBF Is On "Vacation"

Tell us all about this interesting lady Was it hesscl34?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28660 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25