Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Thread Hell


Darrell Green Appearance Tonight

Thread Hell


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2006, 09:22 AM   #46
Special Teams
 
rome108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 157
Re: Darrell Green Appearance Tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zimmermans View Post
Ok Green is a jerk.......happy? Then what is bmitch? I wish we had those jerks on the team now.
Hey! Don't rip on my man Brian Mitchell! He's super cool. I met him way back in the day maybe 92 or so. He came in to get his lexus washed at a car wash I worked at near Redskins Park. I told him he was the Redskins "secret weapon" because he could do it all (kickoffs, punt returns, rb and even qb). He just laughed and said thanks, then gave me a big tip, as I finished drying off his car.
rome108 is online now  

Advertisements
Old 11-18-2006, 12:46 PM   #47
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 16,279
Re: Darrell Green Apperence Tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxRedSkin View Post
Anybody who trashes on 28 ought to be ashamed. Some of you are pissed that he wants donations for his autographs. Look where his donations go....The September 11th fund, the United Way, the Loudoun Education Fund, The United Way, the Darrell Green Youth Life Fund, The YMCA and numerous other charity organizations. You are railing him for what I ask? He was born a poor child near Houston and has made an enormous difference in countless peoples lives and "you people" burn him at the stake for wanting a charitable contribution for his autograph. I just want to know at what point or when did he say "well I need $500 for my autograph" to put in his own pocket? Michael Jordan charges that or more and no charities are receiving....I know. I'm aquainted with MJ. How dare you bag on one of the few true REDSKINS. He's a true stand up man in my book.
Hail first round #28
i was answering a question. and if he were a murderer that'd be alright in your eyes right? just cause he ran a 4.2 and played for the skins all sins are apparently forgiven :P.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline  
Old 11-18-2006, 01:49 PM   #48
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 36
Posts: 9,984
Re: Darrell Green Appearance Tonight

You think maybe the guy gets mobbed every time he goes out and can't always put on the smiley face to make you happy? And those complaining because he dodesn't do other charities. I would bet he gets asked to do ALOT of charity work. If he did it all he wouldn't have a life other than that. He does his charity nd that's it. I see no problem with it.

The only time I ever met him when way back when around '90. We were selling stuff for our school fundraiser and were in his neighborhood. We were 12 and totally crazy when he answered the door. We ended up asking him to show us how fast he was. He guy freaking got out in the middle of the street and sprinted down the road for us and then signed autographs. AT HIS HOUSE. The one place where he should be able to tell stupid fans to eff off he didn't and was super nice.
FRPLG is offline  
Old 11-18-2006, 01:58 PM   #49
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Darrell Green Appearance Tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
You think maybe the guy gets mobbed every time he goes out and can't always put on the smiley face to make you happy? And those complaining because he dodesn't do other charities. I would bet he gets asked to do ALOT of charity work. If he did it all he wouldn't have a life other than that. He does his charity nd that's it. I see no problem with it.

The only time I ever met him when way back when around '90. We were selling stuff for our school fundraiser and were in his neighborhood. We were 12 and totally crazy when he answered the door. We ended up asking him to show us how fast he was. He guy freaking got out in the middle of the street and sprinted down the road for us and then signed autographs. AT HIS HOUSE. The one place where he should be able to tell stupid fans to eff off he didn't and was super nice.
Look we all have mixed opinions about him off the field, only thing I really want people to do, is aknowledge that he COULD be not the best guy off the field. That is it.

People just need to realize just bc someone is/was a Redskin doesnt mean they are a god, and you cant be critical.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline  
Old 11-18-2006, 02:11 PM   #50
The Starter
 
Darrell_Green_28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Age: 46
Posts: 1,976
Re: Darrell Green Appearance Tonight

and just because hes not to your liking off the field, that makes him an asshole?? come on now. grow up
Darrell_Green_28 is offline  
Old 11-18-2006, 03:26 PM   #51
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Re: Darrell Green Appearance Tonight

I regret having been one of the first, if not the very first, here to say that DG isn't necessarily all he's cracked up to be. Phenomenal player and I don't question his integrity or what he's done for the community. But he has a lot of characteristics that even his teammates didn't care for. You don't need to make others look bad to look good yourself, and you can allow others to have their moment in the spotlight every now and then. Those were concepts that didn't seem to be entirely clear to Green. Or at least it wasn't when he was playing.

But bottom line is everyone has different impressions of the people they meet, you can't tell someone they're wrong for how they feel about someone when they met that person.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 11-18-2006, 03:36 PM   #52
Special Teams
 
PhxRedSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 39
Posts: 142
Re: Darrell Green Apperence Tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
i was answering a question. and if he were a murderer that'd be alright in your eyes right? just cause he ran a 4.2 and played for the skins all sins are apparently forgiven :P.
You have the unabated perpetuance to jab me under my skin for some unknown reason. If you want to talk about murder then how about coming to my brother Scott Christopher McCabe's murder trial. My brother was murdered in cold blood september 7, 1997 and YEAH!!! we are still in the legal process for his murderers. Think before you speak again. Please.

P.S. There is actually things out there in life that are more important than football and our Redskins. Hopefully you'll be reminded of that this coming thursday.

P.S.S. Jan 2 we start trial again for one of my brothers killers. Maricopa County Superior Court, Judge Gordons court 8th floor east court house. You want to see a cold blooded killer, come watch. Here's a link for your interest if you think I kid around. This is his motion to travel these holidays and be with his family. Oh, bye the way he was previously convicted of my Brothers first degree murder and an Appellete court changed his conviction....Please do not ever again use the term kill or murder so loosely.

wont let me paste: so here it is.
http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...6/m2437357.pdf

P.S.S.S. no murderers are not alright in my eyes GUY

Hail
44
PhxRedSkin is offline  
Old 11-18-2006, 03:53 PM   #53
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,963
Re: Darrell Green Apperence Tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxRedSkin View Post
You have the unabated perpetuance to jab me under my skin for some unknown reason. If you want to talk about murder then how about coming to my brother Scott Christopher McCabe's murder trial. My brother was murdered in cold blood september 7, 1997 and YEAH!!! we are still in the legal process for his murderers. Think before you speak again. Please.

P.S. There is actually things out there in life that are more important than football and our Redskins. Hopefully you'll be reminded of that this coming thursday.

P.S.S. Jan 2 we start trial again for one of my brothers killers. Maricopa County Superior Court, Judge Gordons court 8th floor east court house. You want to see a cold blooded killer, come watch. Here's a link for your interest if you think I kid around. This is his motion to travel these holidays and be with his family. Oh, bye the way he was previously convicted of my Brothers first degree murder and an Appellete court changed his conviction....Please do not ever again use the term kill or murder so loosely.

wont let me paste: so here it is.
http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...6/m2437357.pdf

P.S.S.S. no murderers are not alright in my eyes GUY

Hail
44
Sorry to hear about all that. On this note, however, I don't want the thread to start heading very much in the wrong direction. So I'm locking it because there is nothing more to really discuss here.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.21308 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25